Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Wink Duet Controller InfraRed Feature

Is there any plans to add and turn on the IR feature on the Duet controller?
    Simple commands such as turning on/off the amplifier will be great.

The IR is on AFAIK -- and is used for controlling IR controlled Squeezebox receivers.

I also would like the ability to turn on/off receiver power with it..

SB Receivers do not have an IR sensor. All other SB have IR sensor and power on/off works.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    SB Receivers do not have an IR sensor. All other SB have IR sensor and power on/off works.
    Wrong choice of terms on my part.. Thanks for correcting it.

Quote Originally Posted by RickNY View Post
    The IR is on AFAIK -- and is used for controlling IR controlled Squeezebox receivers.

I also would like the ability to turn on/off receiver power with it..
    Yeah a programmable IR feature would be a great add on to the controller to allow the controlling of multiple devices (TV, cable, stero, etc) so we could reduce all of the remotes.
    SqueezeBox Duet
    LMS running on QNAP TVS-882BR using digimaster's QPKG

Quote Originally Posted by QDon View Post
    Yeah a programmable IR feature would be a great add on to the controller to allow the controlling of multiple devices (TV, cable, stero, etc) so we could reduce all of the remotes.
    Well, there is the Harmony for all that (an outstanding piece of kit btw, turned my collection of A/V components into a home entertainment system!) Nothing against the idea, I just don't see how it could be practical as there are next to no buttons so a lot of scrolling would be necessary.

Of course, functions relevant to listening through SB should be enabled, at least Amp power, correct input selection (as a macro at startup) and volume control. I really hope to see this soon, any comments?

Skinny

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    Well, there is the Harmony for all that (an outstanding piece of kit btw, turned my collection of A/V components into a home entertainment system!)Skinny
    I checked out the Harmony a while ago and as you said a great piece of kit. Now if they would only build in wireless so it could control SB receivers. Now that would be an outstanding remote!
    SqueezeBox Duet
    LMS running on QNAP TVS-882BR using digimaster's QPKG

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    Well, there is the Harmony for all that (an outstanding piece of kit btw, turned my collection of A/V components into a home entertainment system!) Nothing against the idea, I just don't see how it could be practical as there are next to no buttons so a lot of scrolling would be necessary.

Of course, functions relevant to listening through SB should be enabled, at least Amp power, correct input selection (as a macro at startup) and volume control. I really hope to see this soon, any comments?

Skinny
    In the service menu of the controller, you can "test" the IR functions and they do work with SB and with Boom.

HTH,
    andifor

This is one of the most wished for features in my case. If I could control the volume control of my preamplifier with the volume control buttons I wouldn't have to walk to the preamplifier remote. As the digital output is fixed in volume, my buttons remain unused...
    This is then of course dependant of the squeezebox selected on the remote.

Is there any documentation or wikis about how to potentially utilize the built-in "ir-profiles" in SqueezeCenter (Default.map, Slim_Devices_Remote.ir, Front_Panle.ir, jvc_dvd.ir)?

E.g. does the Duet controller get the commands from those, or is there similar profiles within the controller firmware (and if there is, how can one modify those)? How can I select which one is being used?

Let's say that I would find out my amps power-on / volume+ / volume- IR-commands in the format SqueezeCenter is using, how could I get the Duet controller to use these commands?

Thanks for any tips...!