Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to switch receiver from Wireless to Wired?

Just hooked up my new Duet - works great, love it. However, I just realized that my ripped tracks from being sent from my desktop to the Receiver via wireless, despite having the ethernet cable hooked up to the router. Is there any way to switch the Receiver's connection to wired? I saw in the online manual how to do this on setup, but I can't figure out how to fix it now that it's already been set up as wireless unintentionally.

Thanks for any help.

Brian

Brute force would be to factory reset the receiver (hold botton till it blinks fast red) and the controller (factory reset in advanced settings) and start from scratch.

There may be a less painful route - but there are lots of complaints about needed to reset the controller to reconfigure the receiver in the forums.
    2 SB3, 1 Duet
    Debian Jessie server LMS 7.9.1
    Netgear WNDR3400V3 wireless network.

I vote for a FW upgrade to the SBR that makes it act like a normal, DHCP addressable device after Reset and an upgrade to Squeezeplay that adds the necessary detection and configuration options.

I have the same problem with my SB 3 but the other way, I'm not able to switch to wireless, even after a factory reset there is no option to choose between wired or wireless

Quote Originally Posted by Millwood View Post
    Brute force would be to factory reset the receiver (hold botton till it blinks fast red) and the controller (factory reset in advanced settings) and start from scratch.

There may be a less painful route - but there are lots of complaints about needed to reset the controller to reconfigure the receiver in the forums.
    It worked! I did indeed have to reset both units. Thanks for the help. I do wish it was a little more straightforward to select, but not a big deal I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by lobschta View Post
    I have the same problem with my SB 3 but the other way, I'm not able to switch to wireless, even after a factory reset there is no option to choose between wired or wireless
    If you hold the left arrow for a while on SB3 you can access all settings and change them.

Holding the left arrow for five second with a configured SB3 takes me to the setup menu - believe me after so many factory resets and hours of searching the option I'm quite familiar with the setup menu , but my problem is that I can't access the wired/wireless option in this setup menu - it just does not appear anywhere.
    The only thing I see is "Ethernet appears disconnected - Please check your network connection" and pressing the UP or DOWN arrow as described in the manual just does nothing.
    The order of the setup is on my SB3 is also a different than described in the manual. In the manual you first choose between wired or wireless and than your region, my SB3 first wants the region and then setting up the network and there is no option to choose between wired or wireless :/
    Guess I have to buy another switch tomorrow, seems to be a little bitchy SB3 I bought.

They did make SB3's without a wireless card. Sounds like either you have one, or the firmware thinks you have one.
    2 SB3, 1 Duet
    Debian Jessie server LMS 7.9.1
    Netgear WNDR3400V3 wireless network.

Unhappy wired issues

I have the same problem with my SB Receiver/duet. I have previously switched between wireless and wired without pro let but having factory reset both (red flashing light on receiver and factory reset option on the controller) I now never see any network option other than wireless. I've done this a dozen times with no luck. The receiver also seems to pick up the old name ('dining room') automatically, so I am guessing that somehow the MAC address and old config is linked to either the SB server or SB.com?

PS. Anyone else get a write error write protection error (#5?) when they upgraded their SB server two 7.5.2 on their PC? I got this on my desktop (windows 7) and laptop (win xp). I ignored and they seemed to work (so far).

Thx Reggie

Press and hold the Receiver button until you get the slow flashing red LED.

Then press and hold the back button (left arrow) on the Controller and you should get an option to choose player. Choose the Receiver and it'll connect via ethernet if you want it to.

I'm pretty sure that's how you do it (I did it a couple of weeks ago) but I'm away at the moment so don't have access to my system to try it. Doing it this way avoids the need to type in your WPA key into the Controller again, which is not something I ever want to have to do.