Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

softsqueeze no longer working

I recently installed the latest build of SC 7.3 but now my Softsqueeze isn't working. I initially ran SC on my laptop but it's away for repair so I'm running SC and Softsqueeze on the same bedroom PC but it simply hangs at "please wait, connecting to slimserver" and does nothing. I've checked the ip settings and disabled firewalls etc. but to no avail. What should I check/try next?

Does anyone have anything to suggest trying to get softsqueeze working again? If I at least got an error message, I would have something to go on but it simply hangs at trying to connect.

I have tried running softsqueeze as an applet but it doesn't run. Should I just uninstall softsqueeze and is there a cache for softsqueeze I should delete?
    Last edited by davepuma; 2008-12-07 at 07:16. Reason: more info

exactly the same issue I have - sorry I can't help as I haven't managed to solve it yet myself....

Edit - fixed it..
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=55423
    Last edited by rossp; 2008-12-08 at 11:46.

Thanks, glad you've got yours working. Mine continues to frustrate me! I have disabled the firewall and ensured all the IP settings are correct. I have entered all the port details into my firewall in case that was the issue but it has made no difference. I haven't changed my firewall or updated it recently, it was the update to 7.3 that caused the problems as far as I can tell. I have deleted the prefs and cache as well and rebuilt my library (another problem) but that hasn't fixed it either. I can't even get the applet to run within Squeezecenter either, so I don't know what else to try. I have contacted Logitech for further guidance, so I will see what they can come up with.

With 7.3 installed, you can also try downloading and installing SqueezePlay.

You can download it from the nightly downloads.

Keep in mind that you will need to enable audio playback before SqueezePlay will work.

To do this hold down the left arrow and go to Settings --> Advanced --> Audio Playback -->Enable Playback (BETA).

Does this work for you?

Is that for the duet or SB classic?

This is to get a player on your computer. SqueezePlay for the computer.

Where is this Advanced tab? It is not coming up on my SB3.

Sorry i might not have been clear.

On your computer install 7.3.

Next go to http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/latest/7.3/ and download the file called SqueezePlay-setup.exe.

Once that file is downloaded install SqueezePlay.

When the setup screen pops up hold down the left arrow and go to Settings-->Advanced --> Audio Playback --> Enable Playback (Beta)

Then proceed through setup. When you get to the Choose player screen select SqueezePlay.

Keep in mind that this is a player for your computer NOT a hardware player.

Nice one mate, cheers for your help. I didn't see that squeezeplay was a sep. download. Downloaded and working, so no idea what was wrong with softsqueeze.