Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Deezer - Certain SC version required?

Got the email earlier about Deezer, but on my devices (2 SB3's, 2 Booms against SC 7.2.1) it doesn't appear in Music Services. Is there a new version of SC required for this to appear?

Cheers,

Tom

SN only until SC 7.3 is released.

Deezer - Certain SC version required?

>Got the email earlier about Deezer, but on my devices (2 SB3's, 2 Booms
    >against SC 7.2.1) it doesn't appear in Music Services. Is there a new
    >version of SC required for this to appear?
    >

I just got that email too. It wasn't clear at all.

I'm guessing that it's only available through SqueezeNetwork, which the mail, or web page it references mentions at all. You have to set up a deezer account (guess the url is www.deezer.com), then log into SN and add that account. You can then play music via a squeezebox when connected to SN.

I've updated to the latest SC v7.3, and SC doesn't display Deezer in Music Services.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by andyg View Post
    SN only until SC 7.3 is released.
    Cheers - might be an idea to put that info on the web site as it's not mentioned anywhere... that is, of course, unless 7.3 is coming out so soon it doesn't matter. :-)

It's compleatly unusable here in France. It starts to buffer, gets up to 5%, then returns to 1% and so on.

Pile of poop...

That's strange, here in the Netherlands it works. Only unlike the website where you can select the song of a selected artist, I can only select an artist after which I can play smart radio which is an artist style radio "pandora style".
    Yamaha - Chario - MJ Acoustics - Squeezebox - Beresford

Haven't yet had a chance to try this out, but it's nice to have a reminder every now and then why this is a great company to buy products from.

Not a bad turnaround time given all the problems Deezer had on startup with the regulators. I'm sure there must be examples of other companies (on the same size and scale as LogiSlim) that take user feedback this seriously, but I'm struggling to think of any right now.

So thanks guys.
    Who am I on LAST.FM?
    "Siduhe Loved Tracks radio got the thumbs up. Feedback included: yeah, it's good... got the odd dodgy track tho..." (c) ModelCitizen

Someone at work just showed me Deezer for the first time yesterday, so that's some good work getting it on the SqueezeBox!

I'll give it a go now!
    Win7 > iTunes 10.5 > SBS 7.5.4 > iPeng > Squeezebox 3 / Boom / iPhone > ears

Quote Originally Posted by Siduhe View Post
    Haven't yet had a chance to try this out, but it's nice to have a reminder every now and then why this is a great company to buy products from.

Not a bad turnaround time given all the problems Deezer had on startup with the regulators. I'm sure there must be examples of other companies (on the same size and scale as LogiSlim) that take user feedback this seriously, but I'm struggling to think of any right now.

So thanks guys.
    Agree fully. Although slightly OT, how many companies these days still support the first product they released *years* ago (SliMP3). And not many companies offer products that are continuously upgraded and enhanced via firmware either - most see this as an opportunity to force the customer to buy a new product.

So what the deal with this Deezer then? i have never seen it before now. But at first glance this seems to just be like lastFM's similar artists radio feature. Am i missing something?
    Cheers, auto.

Lounge: Squeezebox 3, Squeezebox Controller, Cambridge Audio 640A, Mission 701's Kitchen: Squeezebox Touch, Trends TA-10.1, Kef Cresta 1's. Bedroom: Squeezebox Boom Bathroom/Garden: Squeezebox Radio Car: iPod Classic 80GB Portable: iPhone 3GS 32Gb (+iPeng)