Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    formerly known as Fletch
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,260

    Charging SBC while powered off

    I just noticed that my SBC only seems to charge if it is powered on while in the cradle. Is this normal?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,253

    Normal..

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    I just noticed that my SBC only seems to charge if it is powered on while in the cradle. Is this normal?
    Yes, perfectly normal.

    Howard

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Passman View Post
    Yes, perfectly normal.

    Howard
    I am probably being thick again, but how then do you charge a totally flat battery in a SBC which has powered it self down?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Western NC, USA
    Posts
    216
    Well, I almost always power mine off before I put it in the charger and it charges just fine, so I don't think you have to have the power on.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,253

    Charging....

    Quote Originally Posted by ANZAC View Post
    I am probably being thick again, but how then do you charge a totally flat battery in a SBC which has powered it self down?
    What you can do is put it in the charging stand and turn it on while in the stand.

    Howard

  6. #6
    formerly known as Fletch
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Passman View Post
    What you can do is put it in the charging stand and turn it on while in the stand.

    Howard
    That's what I do, but it is annoying. I don't understand why it won't charge while off.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,253

    Fletch.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    That's what I do, but it is annoying. I don't understand why it won't charge while off.

    I agree it's a little weird, but it doesn't bother me that much. You can have the screen go blank when the music is stopped, but that's not exactly off.

    Howard

  8. #8
    Senior Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    395
    Mine charges when turned off.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Mnyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Vństerňs Sweden
    Posts
    16,525
    Mine also charges when turned off, there is no visible sign that it is going on.
    but the battery symbol has chenged for the bettar in the morning anyway (i did an overnight test)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •