Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Squidgy for iPhone now available in Apple App Store

Hi folks,

EMCC Software are pleased to announce the immediate availability of Squidgy for iPhone and iPod Touch from the Apple app store. Price is ú4.99 - direct link is http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...296245115&mt=8

Feature List:
    Automatic Server Detection
    Multiple player support
    Player controls - shuffle / repeat /sleep / volume / power
    Music library browsing
    Artwork display
    Landscape album view
    Search
    Playlist manipulation ( add , reorder, delete )
    Internet Music services browsing
    Wikipedia integration

Usage notes:
    On first startup use the detect server button in the settings screen to automatically configure Squidgy to use your SqueezeCenter. Squidgy scans your server and builds a local database of album titles, artist names and album thumbnails to allow speedy browsing of your music library. This scan can take a couple of minutes depending on the size of your library.

Once the scan completes you can browse or search your library. The playlist lives on the back of the Now playing screen. To reorder the playlist just drag and drop items. You can delete one or more items from here too.

Player controls live on the now playing screen too. Just tap the album art and they slide in from the top. Set your volume / shuffle / repeat preferences or turn off the current player. To hide the player controls again just tap outside the player control area.

In album view rotate the phone left to see the album grid view. Scroll left to right, or pick an album to see the track list. Tap outside the album area to return to the grid view.

Use the players option on the main menu to change your current player.

Wikipedia takes you straight to the wikipedia page for the currently playing artist.

You can also customise a few aspects of Squidgy. If you don't like the default white on grey you can change to more standard iphone colours in the settings menu. You can also configure the default behaviour when clicking on an album here.

Theres some screenshots here:
    http://web.me.com/phillbrady/Site/Squidgy.html

Support email address is "squidgy AT emccsoft DOT com", please email problems to us as well as posting them here, then we can track them better.

http://www.emccsoft.com/iphone.html

Enjoy
    Last edited by idowantapickle; 2008-11-14 at 13:06. Reason: Added support email address

Hi,

Have previously heard of iPeng and iSqueeze(will have another name in AppStore). This two applications have been discusses alot here in the Forum.

Is this a third application?

Will download it and try it out over the weekend.

Yes, this is a different application from either iSqueeze or iPeng.

Interesting!

Just bought and installed tha app, will try it out as soon as I get home from work.

Seams to be an impresive application from all sceeen captures that are displayed on the Website.

Very interesting. How come no one has said a word about this until today?

Quote Originally Posted by danny041 View Post
    Very interesting. How come no one has said a word about this until today?
    It's probably easier to get something out the door there if you're not interrupted and/or distracted by user feature requests and/or opinions all the time!

they were first out (it looks like) but to win our hearts they better listen to us users from now on If they don't, they'll probably loose...

Competition is good...

Will try it when I get home...

-a

Naturally I'll be giving this a spin this weekend. Not too keen on the UI personally, seems a bit chaotic in places, but I'll reserve judgement. I'm most interested in seeing what its like performance-wise and how well it handles updates as a result of normal interaction with the server (e.g. web interface or normal remote).

Also interested to see you've taken the approach of using an alert sheet to display "play now, play next" buttons. I took this approach to begin with but developed a new "hold to queue" gesture, with a normal tap for play now.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Redpath View Post
    Naturally I'll be giving this a spin this weekend. Not too keen on the UI personally, seems a bit chaotic in places, but I'll reserve judgement. I'm most interested in seeing the performance as thats one are of iSqueeze that I've really concentrated on.
    Whereas iPeng focuses on ease of Use :-)
    Will be an interesting comparison...
    Also interested to see you've taken the approach of using an alert sheet to display "play now, play next" buttons. I took this approach to begin with but developed a new "hold to queue" gesture, with a normal tap for play now.
    That makes it three different solutions then.
    I like the alert sheet least.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by simply View Post
    to win our hearts they better listen to us users from now on
    Absolutely - feature requests are more than welcome. As you say we have been concentrating on the feature set we wanted for version 1.0 and have been running a closed beta for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Whereas iPeng focuses on ease of Use :-)
    Will be an interesting comparison...

That makes it three different solutions then.
    I like the alert sheet least.
    This is the default but we made it configurable based on user feedback.