Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well I wouldn't say that the function had been categorically identifed - but even then only in the context of features or plugins that are not enabled or installed on my system.

If I hold Play on the SB, the player hangs. Only a reboot will free it - and even then sometime I have to restart SC (7.2.1) to get the player back.

I can see nothing "mix" related in the web UI, nor on my Duet.

In the SC logs I can see lots of these entries:
    [08-11-13 20:51:27.1099] Slim::Control::Request::execute (1888) Error: While trying to run function coderef [Slim::Control::Commands::buttonCommand]: [Can't use string ("-1") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use at /<C:\Program Files\SqueezeCenter\server\squeezecenter.exe>Slim/Player/Client.pm line 1016.
    ]
    [08-11-13 20:53:46.5076] Slim::Control::Request::execute (1888) Error: While trying to run function coderef [Slim::Control::Commands:owerCommand]: [Can't use string ("-1") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use at /<C:\Program Files\SqueezeCenter\server\squeezecenter.exe>Slim/Player/Client.pm line 1016.
    ]
    [08-11-13 20:53:47.4765] Slim::Utils::Timers::checkTimers (210) Error: Timer failed: Can't use string ("-1") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use at /<C:\Program Files\SqueezeCenter\server\squeezecenter.exe>Slim/Player/Client.pm line 1016.
    [08-11-13 20:54:05.0181] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::select (251) Error: Select task failed: Can't use string ("-1") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use at /<C:\Program Files\SqueezeCenter\server\squeezecenter.exe>Slim/Player/Client.pm line 1016.
    [08-11-13 20:54:05.0190] Slim::Networking::Slimproto::client_readable (425) client_readable: Client not found for slimproto msg op: STAT
    [08-11-13 20:54:05.0194] Slim::Networking::Slimproto::client_readable (425) client_readable: Client not found for slimproto msg op: STAT
    ]

I ended up uninstalling /reinstalling SC and the symbol has now gone away.
    I'll be sure to closely monitor the behaviour after any plugins that I add.

Quote Originally Posted by mr-b View Post
    If I hold Play on the SB, the player hangs. Only a reboot will free it - and even then sometime I have to restart SC (7.2.1) to get the player back.
    In the SC logs I can see lots of these entries:
    [08-11-13 20:51:27.1099] Slim::Control::Request::execute (1888) Error: While trying to run function coderef [Slim::Control::Commands::buttonCommand]: [Can't use string ("-1") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use at /<C:\Program Files\SqueezeCenter\server\squeezecenter.exe>Slim/Player/Client.pm line 1016.
    ]
    I have the same problem with the "m" symbol.
    The hanging of the SB when I hold play is very frustating.
    I see the same sort lines in my SC logs.
    I have have used the plugin "Custom Browse" from Erland Isaksson, but I have installed it. The plugin "Trackstat" from also Erland Isaksson I still use.
    I suspect these to plugins to cause this trouble.
    Maybe Erland Isaksson is listing?????

NOT a Slim Devices Employee kdf's Avatar

"m" symbol by album/artist count?

> Maybe Erland Isaksson is listing?????

For support with third party plugins, you may get a more direct response
    by posting the the third party forum. Erland has a thread for announcing
    the 7.0+ versions of his plugins, and much of the followup in that thread
    is for supporting those plugins.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=39026

-kdf

You may try sending Erland a PM with a link to this thread. That worked for me with respect to another problem I was having.

Quote Originally Posted by GeeJay View Post
    You may try sending Erland a PM with a link to this thread. That worked for me with respect to another problem I was having.
    I've seen it, I just don't have the time to investigate it at the moment.

Some of my plugins indicates with a "m" if there is a mixer available.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets

wowo, just to rule out some of the obvious stuff (like left over pref files or incompatible versions of the plugins), may I suggest the following:

Shut down Squeezecenter;

Backup your prefs and plugins directories and backup your trackstat info (I think you can do this from within the plugin;

Navigate to your plugins directory and remove both Custom Browse and Trackstat folders;

Navigate to your prefs directory and remove the prefs files for both these plugins;

Navigate to your cache folder and delete the contents.

If you're not sure where these folders are - there are links/references in the Squeezecenter web interface/Settings/Information or Status pane.

Then start up Squeezecenter. It should completely rebuild your database from scratch and (hopefully) without the mm's.

Then try reinstalling the plugins you are interested in, making sure you have the right versions. Hoping this may sort out your issues.

If it is a problem with the plugin itself, erland is your man and I'm sure he'll be on it when he has time.
    Who am I on LAST.FM?
    "Siduhe Loved Tracks radio got the thumbs up. Feedback included: yeah, it's good... got the odd dodgy track tho..." (c) ModelCitizen

Siduhe i will try what you wrote monday. Thanks for your reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Siduhe View Post
    Then start up Squeezecenter. It should completely rebuild your database from scratch and (hopefully) without the mm's.

Then try reinstalling the plugins you are interested in, making sure you have the right versions. Hoping this may sort out your issues.

If it is a problem with the plugin itself, erland is your man and I'm sure he'll be on it when he has time.
    Squeezebox had after rebuilding the database no m's!
    But when I reset the plugin Trackstat with his pref's the m's are back again.
    When I push play and hold: The squeezebox does not hang anymore
    I can now live with the m-symbol ...............