Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

iTunes-like Squeezecenter interface?

I recall that there used to be an interface for slimserver that had the appearance of iTunes. Does this still exist and will it work for Squeezecenter?

If not, is there an interface that allows the kind of sorting and filtering that iTunes has? For example, being able to sort albums in a playlist by Genre?

You're probably referring to slimfx. I used to use it a lot, but it hasn't worked reliably from me since Adobe updated some components of Flash.

I believe there is a solution, but I haven't tried it out myself.

See this thread for more details.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=32422

Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil View Post
    You're probably referring to slimfx. I used to use it a lot, but it hasn't worked reliably from me since Adobe updated some components of Flash.

I believe there is a solution, but I haven't tried it out myself.

See this thread for more details.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=32422
    I'm the author of slimfx. I wrote a SC plugin to allow it to work again with more recent versions of Flash Player. Someone reported a problem getting that plugin to work with Linux, but it does work fine for me (running SC on Vista).

(If you try it and it doesn't work, let me know.)

Quote Originally Posted by gsamsa View Post
    I'm the author of slimfx. I wrote a SC plugin to allow it to work again with more recent versions of Flash Player. Someone reported a problem getting that plugin to work with Linux, but it does work fine for me (running SC on Vista).

Hi
    I am running on Mac OSX. any chance that you could give me... a beginners instruction on how to go about installing what i need to get this to run?

Quote Originally Posted by gsamsa View Post
    I wrote a SC plugin to allow it to work again with more recent versions of Flash Player.
    That's great news. I think I missed this announcement totally. I remember you talking about opening some sockets in the other thread, and you posting a patch, but I never got around to trying them.

I will try it out on OSX and let you know how it works for me.

BTW I think your plugin/skin is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil View Post
    That's great news. I think I missed this announcement totally. I remember you talking about opening some sockets in the other thread, and you posting a patch, but I never got around to trying them.

I will try it out on OSX and let you know how it works for me.

BTW I think your plugin/skin is awesome.
    Thanks.

BTW, I realized when I went back to look at the thread that there was a compatibility problem with the plugin...fixable by changing maxVersion value in the install.xml file (as I speculate on the thread). (This did the trick, but it's not really confirmed in the thread and I never posted an updated version of the plugin...) So...you know...I guess it's a little complicated to get it all working at this point :-\ Not *that* complicated, but...