Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"m" symbol by album/artist count?

Hi

I've just noticed that my SB3 has started displaying an "m" symbol with bars over and underneath it, next to the Album or Artist count. I looked through the User Guide but could find no mention.

Any ideas?

I haven't had any time to really play around and prove this, but I got this immediately after installing TrackStat. I should know what's going on, but I just haven't had the time to fiddle.
    A Touch + Cambridge DAC Magic has replaced my venerable SB3. May it rest in peace.

http://www.last.fm/user/androidtopp

the "M" symbol normally donates MusicIP mixability.

Have you enabled the MIP plugin (requires installing the MusicIP server) or could another plugin like Trackstat be using the symbol?
    Who am I on LAST.FM?
    "Siduhe Loved Tracks radio got the thumbs up. Feedback included: yeah, it's good... got the odd dodgy track tho..." (c) ModelCitizen

Quote Originally Posted by Siduhe View Post
    the "M" symbol normally donates MusicIP mixability.
    I have MusicIP installed, but since it would have taken about two months of 100% CPU time on my server to actually index stuff, I told it to take a short walk off a long pier...or so I thought. I never noticed the "M" until just after I had installed TrackStat. Weird.

Although, now that I think about it, does mixability require the dynamic playlist plugin? I would only have installed that when I set up TrackStat, which would explain why the icon appeared at that moment.
    A Touch + Cambridge DAC Magic has replaced my venerable SB3. May it rest in peace.

http://www.last.fm/user/androidtopp

I think it means Mixable track. This may be a MusicIP mix or another type of mix provided by another plugin, possibly TrackStat.

If you see this M press and hold down the play button and you should get to another menu which will allow you to choose a mix based upon that song/album/artist etc.

My set up allows me to create MusicIP mixes or to browse by selected artist or to play similar artists.

Quote Originally Posted by androidtopp View Post
    I have MusicIP installed, but since it would have taken about two months of 100% CPU time on my server to actually index stuff, I told it to take a short walk off a long pier...or so I thought.
    MusicIP works quite well without doing a full validation. After you add your music, there is a quick validation (I forget the exact terminology) that can be performed that allows you to have very functional mixes. I have not bothered to go full the full valiation.

Of my ~23,000 tracks, ~17,000 are mixable. The majority of non-mixable tracks are fan concert recordings and I don't want these in my mixes anyway.
    Rich
    ---------
    Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch, iPeng on iPod Touch, SqueezeCommander, OrangeSqueeze, and SqueezePlayer on Xoom and Galaxy Player 4.2. CentOS 6.3 Server running LogitechMediaServer 7.7.2 and SqueezeSlave.
    Current library stats: 40,810 songs, 3,153 albums, 582 artists.
    http://www.last.fm/user/maggior

I don't have MusicIP installed.

The only extra plugins I have installed are CustomBrowse, MultiLibrary and CustomSkip. Hmm, I just spotted that CustomSkip has something called "Play+Hold mixer action" which sounds a bit similar to the MusicIP feature. So I removed CustomSkip, restarted SC and the 'm' is still there ...

Quote Originally Posted by mr-b View Post
    I don't have MusicIP installed.

The only extra plugins I have installed are CustomBrowse, MultiLibrary and CustomSkip. Hmm, I just spotted that CustomSkip has something called "Play+Hold mixer action" which sounds a bit similar to the MusicIP feature. So I removed CustomSkip, restarted SC and the 'm' is still there ...
    Try a full clear and rescan to see if the m is still there afterwards. Stop/start may not do it.
    Who am I on LAST.FM?
    "Siduhe Loved Tracks radio got the thumbs up. Feedback included: yeah, it's good... got the odd dodgy track tho..." (c) ModelCitizen

Sounds plausible - but it didn't make any difference.
    Surely someone must know what the symbol means?

NOT a Slim Devices Employee kdf's Avatar

"m" symbol by album/artist count?

>
    > Sounds plausible - but it didn't make any difference.
    > Surely someone must know what the symbol means?

You've already been told what it means. It means that the track is
    mixable in some way.

Something you have installed, either MusicIP (which we've established you
    do not have), or one of the third-party plugins. A mixable item will have
    an icon in the web ui browse listings, and on the player interface as
    well. You can click the link or press-and-hold play for the player UI.
    What happens next will give some idea of which mixable function is being
    triggered. If you get a bump, or blank page, then check the logs. Log
    file locations are listed in server settings->status (server
    settings->information for those using 7.3)

-kdf