Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 140
  1. #101
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I haven't used the radio shark plugin since I posted last. Instead I've been using a script that the pcp-streamer extension is based on to stream from the radio shark.

    The shark and shark2 programs only compile with specific versions of libhid and libusb.

    Since I had the library sources handy I've built a pcp-radioshark.tcz extension for pcp 6.0 which includes both programs.

    You can install it from the picoreplayer web gui main page extensions.
    Dear Ralphy, works like charm! That's awesome!

    I have tested it with both original shark and shark2 and it working great!

    Thanks a lot for that!!

  2. #102
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    20,858
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I haven't used the radio shark plugin since I posted last. Instead I've been using a script that the pcp-streamer extension is based on to stream from the radio shark.

    The shark and shark2 programs only compile with specific versions of libhid and libusb.

    Since I had the library sources handy I've built a pcp-radioshark.tcz extension for pcp 6.0 which includes both programs.

    You can install it from the picoreplayer web gui main page extensions.
    That's great. You got ahead of me. I have libhid built and was then going to do a statically link libhid to a shark2 for on a Raspbian binary but I wasn't going to do a PCP version.

  3. #103
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    20,858
    Quote Originally Posted by ditheo View Post
    Dear Ralphy, works like charm! That's awesome!

    I have tested it with both original shark and shark2 and it working great!

    Thanks a lot for that!!
    Does it work OK with the fractional FM frequencies such as 98.5 as Ralphy pointed out a bug in his Jan 2016 post.

    IIRC the Shark2 AM performance was often v.poor so if it doesn't work don't persist. FM reception can be improved by using the external antenna.

  4. #104
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Does it work OK with the fractional FM frequencies such as 98.5 as Ralphy pointed out a bug in his Jan 2016 post.

    IIRC the Shark2 AM performance was often v.poor so if it doesn't work don't persist. FM reception can be improved by using the external antenna.
    It seems that only manual tuning is broken... if you add a station on the menu it is ok. But that is from the html code I think, because from my squeezer app on phone working good.

    Also I have test both of the executables but it does not has a diffrerence. Althought i change the plugin to recall shark executable and test both models it works great. So Basically you can have either Shark or Shark2 working with the plugin.

    I try to find a solution about the manual tuning .

    Thank you Again dear BPA for great plugin and Ralphy for your working extension !
    Last edited by ditheo; 2020-05-07 at 08:51.

  5. #105
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    20,858
    Quote Originally Posted by ditheo View Post
    It seems that only manual tuning is broken... if you add a station on the menu it is ok. But that is from the html code I think, because from my squeezer app on phone working good.

    Also I have test both of the executables but it does not has a diffrerence. Althought i change the plugin to recall shark executable and test both models it works great. So Basically you can have either Shark or Shark2 working with the plugin.

    I try to find a solution about the manual tuning .
    The problem came from a 7.8 LMS change so below is a fix (add lines in red) so that plugin changes space to a decimal point.

    In InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Sharkplay/Plugin.pm

    Code:
    sub webManualTune
    {
      my ($client, $params) = @_;
      my $tunerfreq = $params->{tunerfreq};
      my $stationtext;
    
      $log->debug("webManualTune");
    
    	$tunerfreq =~ s/^\s+|\s+$//g;      # trim away leading and trailing whitespace
    	$tunerfreq =~ m/^(\d+) ?(\d*)$/;  # match first and optional second group of digits
    	$tunerfreq = ($2 != 0) ? "$1.$2" : "$1.0";  # Make up a decimal number from matched digits.
    
      my $content = "shark://$tunerfreq"  ;
      if ($tunerfreq >= 87.9 && $tunerfreq <= 108.0) {
    	$tunerfreq = sprintf("%2.1f",$tunerfreq);
    	$stationtext = "FM $tunerfreq MHz";
    	
      }

  6. #106
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    12
    Working For Me.

    Code:
    [20-05-07 19:58:51.4909] Plugins::SharkPlay::Plugin::webManualTune (158) webManualTune
    [20-05-07 19:58:51.4914] Plugins::SharkPlay::Plugin::webManualTune (174) Manual Tune:  shark://99.5
    [20-05-07 19:58:51.4950] Plugins::SharkPlay::Fork::go (83) Fork executing 'shark' with '-red 0'
    [20-05-07 19:58:51.4954] Plugins::SharkPlay::Fork::go (84) Fork actual executing 'exec "/usr/local/bin/shark" -red 0  2> "/usr/local/slimserver/Cache/sharkforkout3.txt"'
    [20-05-07 19:58:51.5048] Plugins::SharkPlay::Fork::go (92) Child task (10078) forked: exec "/usr/local/bin/shark" -red 0  2> "/usr/local/slimserver/Cache/sharkforkout3.txt"
    [20-05-07 19:58:51.5074] Plugins::SharkPlay::Fork::go (93) Child task is alive 
    [20-05-07 19:58:52.7957] Plugins::SharkPlay::Fork::go (83) Fork executing 'shark' with '-red 1'
    [20-05-07 19:58:52.7961] Plugins::SharkPlay::Fork::go (84) Fork actual executing 'exec "/usr/local/bin/shark" -red 1  2> "/usr/local/slimserver/Cache/sharkforkout4.txt"'
    [20-05-07 19:58:52.8047] Plugins::SharkPlay::Fork::go (92) Child task (10079) forked: exec "/usr/local/bin/shark" -red 1  2> "/usr/local/slimserver/Cache/sharkforkout4.txt"
    [20-05-07 19:58:52.8058] Plugins::SharkPlay::Fork::go (93) Child task is alive 
    [20-05-07 19:58:52.8264] Plugins::SharkPlay::SHARK::new (119) Full URL= shark://99.5?Title=FM 99.5 MHz Format=flc Freq=99.5 
    [20-05-07 19:58:52.8274] Plugins::SharkPlay::SHARK::new (147) about to execute:"/usr/local/bin/arecord" -c 2 -f S16 -r 44100 -D hw:2,0  | "/usr/local/slimserver/Bin/armhf-linux/flac" -cs --totally-silent --compression-level-0  -
    [20-05-07 19:58:52.8293] Plugins::SharkPlay::Fork::go (83) Fork executing 'shark' with '-fm 99.5'
    [20-05-07 19:58:52.8297] Plugins::SharkPlay::Fork::go (84) Fork actual executing 'exec "/usr/local/bin/shark" -fm 99.5  2> "/usr/local/slimserver/Cache/sharkforkout5.txt"'
    [20-05-07 19:58:52.8381] Plugins::SharkPlay::Fork::go (92) Child task (10080) forked: exec "/usr/local/bin/shark" -fm 99.5  2> "/usr/local/slimserver/Cache/sharkforkout5.txt"
    [20-05-07 19:58:52.8392] Plugins::SharkPlay::Fork::go (93) Child task is alive
    Also In PCP tweaks i change FIQ-Split acceleration to 0x8 (Enable interrupt/Control Split Transaction Hack) to stop FIQ errors

  7. #107
    Senior Member ralphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,936
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    That's great. You got ahead of me. I have libhid built and was then going to do a statically link libhid to a shark2 for on a Raspbian binary but I wasn't going to do a PCP version.
    I reused a build script that I created years ago for i386.

    I also uploaded armv6hf static binaries to sourceforge.

    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    IIRC the Shark2 AM performance was often v.poor so if it doesn't work don't persist. FM reception can be improved by using the external antenna.
    That's been my experience as well. I only have a shark2.

    Quote Originally Posted by ditheo View Post
    Also In PCP tweaks i change FIQ-Split acceleration to 0x8 (Enable interrupt/Control Split Transaction Hack) to stop FIQ errors
    Interesting, I get the following error with this tweak enabled on an rpi3, works fine with the default 0xF.

    Code:
    tc@rpi37-wls:~$ shark2 -fm 91.1
    hid_force_open failed with return code 13
    Ralphy

    1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

  8. #108
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post

    That's been my experience as well. I only have a shark2.



    Interesting, I get the following error with this tweak enabled on an rpi3, works fine with the default 0xF.

    Code:
    tc@rpi37-wls:~$ shark2 -fm 91.1
    hid_force_open failed with return code 13
    Well, My setup is on a RPi 3b+ with official 7'' display, a usb audio card from Behringer and the original SHARK. Maybe this is the reason that FIQ-split work better with 0x8 on my setup.
    I will try later with SHARK2.

  9. #109
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    17
    Hi

    im installed pcp yesterday, i able to see three sources repository but im unable to see

    pcp-radioshark.tcz

    2 repositories have 533 extensions and one 1067 .

    new here. thanks for help.

  10. #110
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    20,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Toei View Post
    Hi

    im installed pcp yesterday, i able to see three sources repository but im unable to see

    pcp-radioshark.tcz

    2 repositories have 533 extensions and one 1067 .

    new here. thanks for help.
    I don't think the Radioshark support tcz has ever been built for pcp.

    Do you actually have a RadioShark ? Which model ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •