Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Radio Stations ALL Go dead

Hi Folks

I am running a new install @ Version: 8.1.1 - 1610364019

The problem: ALL radio stations go dead. By dead i mean: in some cases I select the radio Station, it "plays" but no sound comes out. Songs even change every few minutes but no sound. In some other cases I hit play and nothing happens. ie: the button does not change to the pause button

This problem usually happens overnight. When I come back to the unit in the morning, no radio...

The problem seems to go away when I do a complete "clear library and rescan everything"... BTW: I have auto scan set at 3am every day...

So, how can I fix this?

Thanks to ALL those involved in this amazing project and thanks in advance for any pointers!

P

Perhaps running out of memory.

Is LMS still responsive at that time?

Any hints in server.log (Settings/Information/Logs at bottom of page)
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

update

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Perhaps running out of memory.

Is LMS still responsive at that time?

Any hints in server.log (Settings/Information/Logs at bottom of page)
    Tks for the fast response!

Yes, LMS remains responsive - local library songs play ok

I had a look at the log and found these lines. I dont know if they are related to my problem but do appear to be an issue:

[21-05-18 09:45:11.7153] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (121) Error: DBI Exception: DBD::SQLite::db commit failed: database or disk is full
    [21-05-18 09:45:11.7159] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (121) Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 121)
    frame 1: Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (/usr/local/slimserver/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 1007)
    frame 2: DBIx::Class::Storage:BI::__ANON__ (/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Schema.pm line 2182)
    frame 3: (eval) (/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Schema.pm line 2182)
    frame 4: Slim::Schema::forceCommit (/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Music/Import.pm line 715)
    frame 5: Slim::Music::Import::endImporter (/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Music/Artwork.pm line 826)
    frame 6: Slim::Music::Artwork:recacheAllArtwork (/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Music/Import.pm line 476)
    frame 7: Slim::Music::Import::runScanPostProcessing (/usr/local/slimserver/scanner.pl line 344)
    frame 8: (eval) (/usr/local/slimserver/scanner.pl line 344)
    frame 9: main::main (/usr/local/slimserver/scanner.pl line 499)

[21-05-18 09:45:11.7163] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2185) Warning: Couldn't commit transactions to DB: [Carp::Clan::__ANON__(): DBI Exception: DBD::SQLite::db commit failed: database or disk is full at /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 125]

Looks like my LMS Server Cache and Preferences is running out of space... Should I move it?

I have two SD cards: 1) 128G card w all my music, with playlists etc. I also store LMS Server Cache and Preferences there. 2) 32 G card w 2000m for boot & the remainder for data (right now there's nothing there)

P

If it really is running out of space ... then ... yes you should move it or free up more space or make that partition larger.
    If it is sharing space with the music files and you are growing your collection ... then running out of space again seems likely.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

If it really is running out of space ... then ... yes you should move it or free up more space or make that partition larger.
    If it is sharing space with the music files and you are growing your collection ... then running out of space again seems likely.

Understood. Will move my library to another partition. This will fix the "out of space" issue. Lets hope it also solves the Radio issue

Ill keep you posted

P

During your overnight scan you will have 2 copies of the database (at least that is my recollection, I have not double checked). So if the remaining space is close to the size of your databases files then it could explain it.
    Paul Webster

update

During your overnight scan you will have 2 copies of the database (at least that is my recollection, I have not double checked). So if the remaining space is close to the size of your databases files then it could explain it.
    Well, changing the destination of the DB appears to have solved the issue!

tks to all

P