X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mvalera
    Web Monkey
    • Apr 2007

Welcome!

Just create a thread here to discuss the issue. And when we come to the conclusion that it really is a bug you can create a bug report on github.
    Michael Valera
    Internet Marketing Manager
    Corsair.com
  • mvalera
    Web Monkey
    • Apr 2007

Welcome!

Welcome to the new Squeezebox Server discussion area.

Please post your thoughts on Squeezebox Server here.

If your still using SlimServer/SqueezeCenter please update here...

Mike
    Last edited by mherger; 2010-06-07, 21:26.
    Michael Valera
    Internet Marketing Manager
    Corsair.com

Comment

• Mark Miksis
      formerly known as Fletch
      • May 2005

FYI, I've added this list to gmane. Please see http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.music.equ....squeezecenter for links to the various feeds.

Comment

• gustovier
        • Jan 2009

Just so know one else gets bit by this. Syncing between software playback(on your local or any networked PC) and any of the the squeezebox hardware is not working properly and to my understanding is not generally supported. This information needs to be posted in a more up front manner...

Comment

• Lyster
          • Apr 2008

Nightly updates?

Where can we download the latest beta software?

Comment

• aubuti
            • Oct 2005

Download Lyrion Music Server / Logitech Media Server to feed music to your Squeezebox, Squeezelite based players or SqueezePlay and compatible software packages. Free the Music!
            Main system: SB3 > Emotiva XDA-1 > NAD C 325BEE > Vandersteen 1
            Living room: SB2 > Audioengine HD6
            Kitchen/dining: SB2 > AudioSource AMP 100 > 2-pairs of Polk Audio RC60i in-ceiling speakers
            Deck/patio: SB Receiver > AudioSource AMP 100 > Polk Atrium 45
            Study: Squeezelite-X on Win10 laptop with cheapo Logitech speakers
            Bedroom: SB Radio
            Quiet time: Hifiman Sundara headphones plugged into NAD amp or iPhone + AudioQuest Dragonfly Red DAC/amp
            LMS 8.5 running on a Raspberry Pi3 (piCore), controlled using iPeng and SB Controllers

Comment

• Lyster
              • Apr 2008

Thank you!

Comment

• danmcb
                • Feb 2010

glad to see it is still alive

hi all

I just want to say - I am happy to see that there still seem to be people who seem to be working on the code and are fixing things.

Been using SB/LMS for a few years now and generally happy, but still a bit frustrated that there seem to be a few irritating bugs. But I am still on 7.7, let me try 7.8 and see if that helps.

Perhaps I'll be able to get involved a bit and do something useful at a later date.

Thanks for keeping the beast alive.

Daniel

Comment

• garym
                  • May 2008

Originally posted by danmcb
                  hi all

I just want to say - I am happy to see that there still seem to be people who seem to be working on the code and are fixing things.

Been using SB/LMS for a few years now and generally happy, but still a bit frustrated that there seem to be a few irritating bugs. But I am still on 7.7, let me try 7.8 and see if that helps.

Perhaps I'll be able to get involved a bit and do something useful at a later date.

Thanks for keeping the beast alive.

Daniel
                  at this point you would be better off moving to 7.9. It's improved a lot of things, including scanning.
                  Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
                  Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
                  Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
                  The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
                  Controllers: Material Skin, iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), or CONTROLLER
                  Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• mherger
                    Babelfish's Best Boy
                    • Apr 2005

Welcome!

> at this point you would be better off moving to 7.9. It's improved a lot
                    > of things, including scanning.

....but it's still under development. Just last week I broke more than
                    one feature, and another one I broke weeks ago just to fix it yesterday.
                    It's a bit rougher to use than 7.8, but usually fixed quickly.

--

Michael
                    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
                    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• Candlemass
                      • Aug 2014

Hi,

how is the Logitech Media Server development done at the moment? AFAIK Logitech has dropped support completely, but still I see nightly builds on this page, which seems to be an official site. Is there also a community edition and is there an official site for source code and bug tracker?

Thanks for some information.

Comment

• mherger
                        Babelfish's Best Boy
                        • Apr 2005

Welcome!

> how is the Logitech Media Server development done at the moment? AFAIK
                        > Logitech has dropped support completely,

Logitech has stopped development, but not support. I still plan to do
                        official, Logitech supported releases when needed (eg. to fix
                        compatibility with new operating systems). But there are no new features
                        to be expected in the official 7.7.x branch. If you're running 7.7
                        you're free to call Logitech support if you have any questions. (but you
                        better come here to ask anyway ;-))

> but still I see nightly builds
                        > 'on this page' (http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.9),
                        > which seems to be an official site. Is there also a community edition

Development starting with 7.8 is community based and community
                        supported. 7.8.0 has been released a while ago, 7.8.1 is its bugfix-branch.

Current development is being done in the 7.9 branch.

Run these versions at your own risk, but don't bother Logitech support
                        if you face any problem with them.

> and is there an official site for source code and bug tracker?

https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver - source code
                        http://bugs.slimdevices.com - bug tracker

--

Michael
                        Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"

Comment

• Candlemass
                          • Aug 2014

So Logitech is still hosting the nightly builds section and the bug tracker for the community edition, but is not involved in development of the 7.8 and 7.9 branches anymore?

Comment

• mherger
                            Babelfish's Best Boy
                            • Apr 2005

Welcome!

> So Logitech is still hosting the nightly builds section and the bug
                            > tracker for the community edition, but is not involved in development of
                            > the 7.8 and 7.9 branches anymore?

Yes.

That said, I'm still a Logitech employee. LMS maintenance (we still run
                            it on mysqueezebox.com) is part of my job. But whatever I do in 7.8/7.9
                            is not.

--

Michael
                            Michael

Comment

• garym
                              • May 2008

Originally posted by Candlemass
                              Hi,

how is the Logitech Media Server development done at the moment? AFAIK Logitech has dropped support completely, but still I see nightly builds on this page, which seems to be an official site. Is there also a community edition and is there an official site for source code and bug tracker?

Thanks for some information.
                              There's still a logitech engineer working on things related to LMS (mherger ....see post above you) And there's lots of community (nonlogitech) folks contributing to a community version.
                              Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
                              Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
                              Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
                              The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
                              Controllers: Material Skin, iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), or CONTROLLER
                              Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

Working...