• jmschnur
    • Nov 2006

Thanks
    Joel

Comment

• Sheppy1906
      • Jun 2013

Downgrading of LMS version?

Is there a way to go back to a previous version of LMS? I am running the current nightly of 7.9.2 (Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1567938514 @ Sun Sep 8 12:39:30 WEDT 2019) and I am having the same problem with my Transporter 'freezing' as described in this thread: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...er-Not-Playing

I also have another version of LMS installed on another PC on my network (Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1559032210 @ Tue May 28 10:38:34 WEDT 2019) and when I start that server my Transporter works perfectly again. Could there simply be an issue with this version of LMS? (And how do I download the older version again?)

Thanks!

Comment

• garym
        • May 2008

Originally posted by Sheppy1906
        Is there a way to go back to a previous version of LMS? I am running the current nightly of 7.9.2 (Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1567938514 @ Sun Sep 8 12:39:30 WEDT 2019) and I am having the same problem with my Transporter 'freezing' as described in this thread: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...er-Not-Playing

I also have another version of LMS installed on another PC on my network (Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1559032210 @ Tue May 28 10:38:34 WEDT 2019) and when I start that server my Transporter works perfectly again. Could there simply be an issue with this version of LMS? (And how do I download the older version again?)

Thanks!
        This is very unlikely to be your problem, but here's lots of old versions:

Download Logitech Media Server to feed music to your Squeezebox, Squeezelite based players or SqueezePlay and compatible software packages. Free the Music!

Download Logitech Media Server to feed music to your Squeezebox, Squeezelite based players or SqueezePlay and compatible software packages. Free the Music!
        Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
        Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
        Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
        The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
        Controllers: Material Skin, iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), or CONTROLLER
        Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• MrSums
          • Jan 2007

Upgrading fimware?

Hi all,

Many years since I last did anything with my system as it used to be rock-solid. Some recent problems mean I have installed LMS onto another server at my home, which services 2 x Squeezebox radios and a Squeezebox Touch.

In order to get the LMS up and running on my Ubuntu-based machine, I had to install "logitechmediaserver_7.9.3~1584993250_amd64.de b". Previously on my original server I was running "squeezeboxserver7.7.5"

My question is whether I should upgrade the firmware on my Radios/Touch? - I never wanted to get into the UE system and want to keep my players very much open source. Can't find any detail on the firmware within the 7.9.x series (I think I read it is still in 7.8.x, but can't find that either).

Cheers

Mr Sums

Comment

• Paul Webster
            • Apr 2005

The firmware has not had an official update for years.
            Interesting development right now though is that one member here has been working on making it much easier to update it - and there has even been a patch to help SB Radio detect the LMS 8 beta.
            If you switch to UE then you lose your local LMS connection and with that you would lose access to lots of other clever things and future add-ons.
            Paul Webster
            Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
            and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

• MrSums
              • Jan 2007

Thanks, but can someone please confirm that the 7.9.x software does not contain the UE firmware? - I know the firmware has not been updated for some time, but remember I am upgrading from 7.5.x

Thanks

MrSums

Comment

• kidstypike
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MrSums
                Thanks, but can someone please confirm that the 7.9.x software does not contain the UE firmware? - I know the firmware has not been updated for some time, but remember I am upgrading from 7.5.x

Thanks

MrSums
                No, the 7.9.* software does not contain the UE firmware. To convert a Squeezebox Radio to UE, you need to physically do it using the Radio buttons.
                Pi5 .. pCP 9beta5 .. LMS 8.4 -- nomysqueezebox
                Study - Pi2B .. S.M.S.L SU-1 .. Q Acoustics M20
                Snug/TV .. DAC32 .. Audio Engine B2
                Spares - 1xSBTouch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

Comment

• peterw
                  • Oct 2005

It's always been the case that Squeezebox players and Controllers will be told by LMS if a firmware update is needed. In my experience LMS 7.9.x will tell Radio to use the 7.7.3 Squeezebox firmware (Touch and Controller get 7.8.0 firmware). I don't think LMS will ever try to convert an SB Radio to a UE Radio; certainly it's never happened with my Radios.
                  owner of the stuff at https://tuxreborn.netlify.app/
                  (which used to reside at www. tux.org/~peterw/)
                  Note: The best way to reach me is email or PM, as I don't spend much time on the forums.
                  Free plugins: AllQuiet Auto Dim/AutoDisplay BlankSaver ContextMenu DenonSerial
                  FuzzyTime KidsPlay KitchenTimer PlayLog PowerCenter/BottleRocket SaverSwitcher
                  SettingsManager SleepFade StatusFirst SyncOptions VolumeLock

Comment

• slartibartfast
                    • Jan 2010

Thanks

MrSums
                    7.9.x does not contain UE firmware. Neither does 8.x.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
                    Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
                    Bedroom: Radio
                    Bathroom: Radio

Comment

• MrSums
                      • Jan 2007

Thanks all, really appreciate the responses. Hope to keep my system working for many more years, I love it.

Comment

• DanielTheGreat
                        • Sep 2007

Bug reports

Is there a specific place (URL?) to report LMS bugs, or do I just do it on the LMS discussion forum?
                        Regards,
                        Daniel
                        (Gerroa, Australia)

Comment

• slartibartfast
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DanielTheGreat
                          Is there a specific place (URL?) to report LMS bugs, or do I just do it on the LMS discussion forum?
                          This is probably the best place.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
                          Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
                          Bedroom: Radio
                          Bathroom: Radio

Comment

• DanielTheGreat
                            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by mherger
                            Just create a thread here to discuss the issue....
                            OK, thanks, I'll first start a thread in the LMS section.
                            Regards,
                            Daniel
                            (Gerroa, Australia)

Comment

• g3sna
                              • Apr 2021

Kicked off Synology - now on RaspberryPi LMS

Greetings all. As the title indicates I have been managing my Squeezebox radios on a Synology NAS server for years but they have gone into 'aunty knows best' mode and declared LMS to be eol. So I am now running on an RPi 3B+ and happily running everything including my music folder on it. I set it up with the Raspian Lite OS btw and it is performing better than it did on Synology with the radio being 6 seconds behind the actual BBC transmission whereas the Synology was well over a minute behind. Result for me is happiness.

Comment

• jstraw
                                • Apr 2008

Fix #601 Don't try to "guess" artwork for file:// URLs in favorites…

I'd like to read more about this. Where may I?

Comment

Working...