Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperQ View Post
    That's one of the reasons why SoftSqueeze is being replaced by SqueezePlay. SoftSqueeze mostly emulates what the original SqueezeBox can do, it can't do album art, or anything fancy.

SqueezePlay is based on the Duet Controller's software, which has a much better interface and displays things like album art. It may not be skinable exactly the same way WinAmp or WMP are, but it does offer better customization, and looks much better "out of the box".
    Are there any test-versions of "SqueezePlay" available?
    Do you know when "SqueezePlay" will be released?

Quote Originally Posted by -mnm- View Post
    Are there any test-versions of "SqueezePlay" available?
    Do you know when "SqueezePlay" will be released?
    Yes, you can get a beta version of SqueezePlay: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=52996. You need to install SqueezeCenter 7.3 Beta too though (available from same URL in that post).

SC 7.3 with SqueezePlay is due out in November, according to the roadmap in the wiki.

I'm running SqueezeCenter on my Media Center just fine, powering Squeezeboxen round the house. I also run SoftSqueeze from the Media Center itself, although I'm looking forward to SqueezePlay as I think it'll integrate better with the 10ft UI of the Media Center.
    Last edited by simbo; 2008-10-02 at 00:06.
    Family Room: Receiver; Kitchen: Boom; Garden: Classic; Bedroom: Boom; Anywhere: Controller, SqueezeCommander, Android SqueezePlayer
    last.fm

Simbo:
    Great to hear that you are using SqueezeCenter on your MCE. Thats my plan to.
    What do you mean by "the 10ft UI"?

I could not find any files in the DIR here?
    http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/latest/7.3/
    But I guess thats because they are working on tdays build?
    I will have to wait a few hours or so?

Simbo:
    Great to hear that you are using SqueezeCenter on your MCE. Thats my plan to.
    What do you mean by "the 10ft UI"?
    Any interface intended to be viewed from a distance (e.g. 10ft away) rather than up-close like a standard UI. MCE being the obvious one, SqueezePlay in desktop mode will have a similar approach.

I could not find any files in the DIR here?
    http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/latest/7.3/
    But I guess thats because they are working on tdays build?
    I will have to wait a few hours or so?
    Correct - they tend to have them ready by noon UK time.
    Family Room: Receiver; Kitchen: Boom; Garden: Classic; Bedroom: Boom; Anywhere: Controller, SqueezeCommander, Android SqueezePlayer
    last.fm

Will SqueezePlay replace Softsqueeze completely or do I need to have both Softsqueeze, Squeezeplay and SqueezeCenter installed on my MCE?

Simbo:
    Does your work fine with all your boxes around the house?

Will SqueezePlay replace Softsqueeze completely or do I need to have both Softsqueeze, Squeezeplay and SqueezeCenter installed on my MCE?
    Yes, SqueezePlay is completely replacing SoftSqueeze, which is being deprecated with the 7.3 release of SqueezeCenter.

Simbo:
    Does your work fine with all your boxes around the house?
    Synchronisation between MCE (running SoftSqueeze) and a Squeezebox doesn't work well that well (as mentioned ealier in the post this is down to hardware/driver limitations). It's a few miliseconds out - not an issue generally but noticeable when you can hear other players at the same time. Of course sync'ing between Squeezeboxes is fine.

My MCE box is pretty low-spec, 2Ghz P4 (single core), but is able to watch/record TV and stream to my Squeezeboxen simultaneously without any issues.

EDIT: This is a good place to see what's coming in the next release of SC: http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/SoftwareRoadmap
    Last edited by simbo; 2008-10-02 at 03:15.
    last.fm

They have now released the SC 7.3 beta. I have downloaded and installed it.
    My question is:
    Is SqueezePlay included in SC 7.3 beta installation?
    I can┤t find SqueezePlay in the http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/latest/7.3/
    dir.
    Maybe its the same there. It will be released during the day?

They have now released the SC 7.3 beta. I have downloaded and installed it.
    My question is:
    Is SqueezePlay included in SC 7.3 beta installation?
    I can┤t find SqueezePlay in the http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/latest/7.3/
    dir.
    Maybe its the same there. It will be released during the day?
    You need to install Squeezeplay seperately, but the build takes place a little later in the day. You could always try yesterday's build if you're in a rush...

http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nig...k_v2008-10-01/
    Who am I on LAST.FM?
    "Siduhe Loved Tracks radio got the thumbs up. Feedback included: yeah, it's good... got the odd dodgy track tho..." (c) ModelCitizen

Thanks Siduhe!
    My problem now is only that the SC just says "SqueezeCenter Starting" and nothing happens. I can imagine that it is searching for a device but it cant find any. Can I disable the search somehow?

Thanks Siduhe!
    My problem now is only that the SC just says "SqueezeCenter Starting" and nothing happens. I can imagine that it is searching for a device but it cant find any. Can I disable the search somehow?
    That happened to me to, in fact it happens about every-other time I up/down grade SC. I usually just uninstall and reinstall, which has worked every time for me.
    'The Buddha resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a computer as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower'.
    -Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance