Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Gadfly, Former Founder Slim Devices dean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    4,427

    Another deal: Squeezebox Wired for $199

    Hi Folks,

    Since our refurbished SLIMP3s sold out so quickly (bid a sad farewell
    to SLIMP3...), we decided to do a promotion on Squeezebox Wired, the
    ethernet-only version of Squeezebox, available from our web site.

    Visit http://www.slimdevices.com/ and click on "Buy Now". Choose
    "Squeezebox Wired" and enter the promotion code: COMMUNITY. When your
    order is summarized, you'll see a discount of $50 off for each
    Squeezebox Wired you buy.

    We're planning on keeping this promotion going through the weekend, but
    end it on Monday.

    Thanks!

    -dean

  2. #2
    Mark Komarinski
    Guest

    Another deal: Squeezebox Wired for $199

    On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 11:03:48AM -0700, dean blackketter wrote:
    > Hi Folks,
    >
    > Since our refurbished SLIMP3s sold out so quickly (bid a sad farewell
    > to SLIMP3...), we decided to do a promotion on Squeezebox Wired, the
    > ethernet-only version of Squeezebox, available from our web site.
    >
    > Visit http://www.slimdevices.com/ and click on "Buy Now". Choose
    > "Squeezebox Wired" and enter the promotion code: COMMUNITY. When your
    > order is summarized, you'll see a discount of $50 off for each
    > Squeezebox Wired you buy.
    >
    > We're planning on keeping this promotion going through the weekend, but
    > end it on Monday.


    I already have a SLIMP3 (and love it). What are the differences
    between that and the Squeezebox Wired, aside the digital output?

    -Mark

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)

    iD8DBQFAduftQjmQDjexshARAjL0AJ9266cz3rjp2OmTMPbBh7 NXoaEGPwCgoMe5
    RwnDQuaZ8qMUvYokBnlIbBY=
    =4ZyX
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

  3. #3
    Pat Farrell
    Guest

    Another deal: Squeezebox Wired for $199

    At 02:14 PM 4/9/2004, you wrote:
    >I already have a SLIMP3 (and love it). What are the differences
    >between that and the Squeezebox Wired, aside the digital output?


    The Slim folks will know best, but to me,
    the SqueezeBox wired handles raw PCM files, aka .wav
    files, so you can play your flac files at true fidelity.

    And, of course, it is newer, faster, better, cooler and
    able to be upgraded in the future. Did I leave out
    jumps over tall buildings?

  4. #4
    Gadfly, Former Founder Slim Devices dean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    4,427

    Another deal: Squeezebox Wired for $199

    Hi Mark,

    Squeezebox adds:
    - Digital optical and coax out
    - Support for MP3 and uncompressed PCM (AIFF/WAV) audio
    - TCP support to reduce server CPU load during streaming
    - A more powerful processor that lets us add additional features in
    software on the player (for example, much simpler firmware updates,
    possibility for FLAC support in the player, etc...)
    - Lower profile case with soft-touch finish



    On Apr 9, 2004, at 11:14 AM, Mark Komarinski wrote:

    > On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 11:03:48AM -0700, dean blackketter wrote:
    >> Hi Folks,
    >>
    >> Since our refurbished SLIMP3s sold out so quickly (bid a sad farewell
    >> to SLIMP3...), we decided to do a promotion on Squeezebox Wired, the
    >> ethernet-only version of Squeezebox, available from our web site.
    >>
    >> Visit http://www.slimdevices.com/ and click on "Buy Now". Choose
    >> "Squeezebox Wired" and enter the promotion code: COMMUNITY. When your
    >> order is summarized, you'll see a discount of $50 off for each
    >> Squeezebox Wired you buy.
    >>
    >> We're planning on keeping this promotion going through the weekend,
    >> but
    >> end it on Monday.

    >
    > I already have a SLIMP3 (and love it). What are the differences
    > between that and the Squeezebox Wired, aside the digital output?
    >
    > -Mark
    >

  5. #5
    S. Ben Melhuish
    Guest

    Another deal: Squeezebox Wired for $199

    dean blackketter wrote:

    > Squeezebox adds:
    > - Support for MP3 and uncompressed PCM (AIFF/WAV) audio


    To spell it out, since it's not necessarily immediately obvious:

    One key benefit for uncompressed audio is that you can decode your
    Favorite Format X (wma, m4u, etc.) with a tool at the server, and stream
    it uncompressed (i.e. with the same fidelity as the encoded source) to
    the Squeezebox. With the SliMP3, you'd have to re-encode it to MP3,
    which is a processor hog and a quality drop.

    -- S. Ben Melhuish

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •