Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 283 of 465 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333383 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 4643
    Quote Originally Posted by W92Neriah View Post
    Uh-oh, has the BBC started the Listen Again lobotomy already, or is this just affecting me?: From my Squeezebox Duet controller I am selecting "BBC iPlayer" > "BBC Radio 4 Extra" > Scroll down past the days of the week to the program names... e.g. "Just a Minute" > Anything I select now does this:

"Fetching track details...". Then after a few seconds I get "Problem: Can't open file for rtmp://bbcodspddns.fcod.llnwd.net:1935?app=YT..."

This was working fine a couple of days ago: Is everyone (anyone?!?) getting this when they try to access Listen Again from the BBC iPlayer plugin (or have I just broken something by installing BPA's HLS plug-in (which is now working great for BBC live radio HLS streams))?
    I just tried playing a Small Faces documentary on BBC 6 on demand which failed because the stream was wma. Have the aac streams been turned off?
    Last edited by slartibartfast; 2015-02-21 at 00:50. Reason: Strangely it works from iplayer but not from iplayer extras!

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I just tried playing a Small Faces documentary on BBC 6 on demand which failed because the stream was wma. Have the aac streams been turned off?
    Listened to those during the week and they both played. Just tried again and they still work as does a programme from last night. As has been reported by others the stream is now 48khz rather than 44.1 khz. I have the PlayHLS plugin installed.

Excellent programme by the way!

Edit: Apologies didn't see your edit. I listened with the iPlayer plugin not iPlayer extras
    Last edited by PaulinPosset; 2015-02-21 at 01:39.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulinPosset View Post
    Edit: Apologies didn't see your edit. I listened with the iPlayer plugin not iPlayer extras
    BBC have changed things around in the last few weeks - I haven't done anything with Extras for a while so I guess it has been broken - too busy with PlayHLS.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    BBC have changed things around in the last few weeks - I haven't done anything with Extras for a while so I guess it has been broken - too busy with PlayHLS.
    Extras is still working for some programmes on my system. Some are wma and don't play, some are aac and do. I haven't fathomed a pattern to find out which programmes are in which codec.
    LMS 7.9.2 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touchs & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Quote Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
    Anyone using a Raspberry Pi (version 1 or 2) with Raspbian and LMS will want a more recent version of ffmpeg as the currently available ffmpeg (v0.8.16-1+rpi1) is pretty old and - more importantly - doesn't die.

Easiest solution:

1. Download the tar file on this page: http://fattylewis.com/latest-ffmpeg-...ed-for-rasbian
    2. Extract it, and copy arm/bin/ffmpeg to /usr/bin/ffmpeg

This should result in the following ffmpeg version being installed on your Pi, and it works perfectly with BBC iPlayer and the latest streams:
    Code:
    ffmpeg version N-60774-gc427b2b
    built on Feb 20 2014 16:29:13 with gcc 4.7.1 (crosstool-NG 1.15.2) 20120402 (prerelease)
    configuration: --enable-cross-compile --cross-prefix=/opt/tools/arm-bcm2708/arm-bcm2708hardfp-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-bcm2708hardfp-linux-gnueabi- --arch=armel --target-os=linux --prefix=/home/jon/arm --enable-gpl --enable-libx264 --enable-nonfree --extra-cflags=-I/home/jon/arm/include --extra-ldflags=-L/home/jon/arm/lib --extra-libs=-ldl
    libavutil      52. 65.100 / 52. 65.100
    libavcodec     55. 52.102 / 55. 52.102
    libavformat    55. 33.100 / 55. 33.100
    libavdevice    55. 10.100 / 55. 10.100
    libavfilter     4.  1.103 /  4.  1.103
    libswscale      2.  5.101 /  2.  5.101
    libswresample   0. 17.104 /  0. 17.104
    libpostproc    52.  3.100 / 52.  3.100
    Hey Milhouse

I'm still have a few issues with my set up and want to be sure ffmpeg isn't the issue. .Does this version look ok to you?

ffmpeg version N-69738-gac7fc44 Copyright (c) 2000-2015 the FFmpeg developersbuilt with gcc 4.7.1 (crosstool-NG 1.15.2) 20120402 (prerelease)
    configuration: --enable-cross-compile --cross-prefix=/opt/tools/arm-bcm2708/arm-bcm2708hardfp-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-bcm2708hardfp-linux-gnueabi- --arch=armel --target-os=linux --enable-gpl --enable-libx264 --extra-cflags=-Ix264/ --extra-ldflags='-ldl -Lx264/'
    libavutil 54. 18.100 / 54. 18.100
    libavcodec 56. 21.102 / 56. 21.102
    libavformat 56. 19.101 / 56. 19.101
    libavdevice 56. 4.100 / 56. 4.100
    libavfilter 5. 10.100 / 5. 10.100
    libswscale 3. 1.101 / 3. 1.101
    libswresample 1. 1.100 / 1. 1.100
    libpostproc 53. 3.100 / 53. 3.100

Yes, probably OK. Or you could just use the version that I've confirmed already works.

Hi, I have BBC iPlayer v1.2.14 installed. Over the last few weeks trying to play shows I get the repeating message saying the bbc no longer support streaming to windows media or such. I am using the logitech server on WHS. I have read back a bunch of pages but am I am still unsure how I can correct this, I did get the impression I can get the shows back! I'd appreciate any advice. Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by boardtc View Post
    Hi, I have BBC iPlayer v1.2.14 installed. Over the last few weeks trying to play shows I get the repeating message saying the bbc no longer support streaming to windows media or such. I am using the logitech server on WHS. I have read back a bunch of pages but am I am still unsure how I can correct this, I did get the impression I can get the shows back! I'd appreciate any advice. Many thanks!
    I can appreciate many will find the sheer volume of posts on this subject somewhat daunting.

Briefly, you need to install a new plugin called PlayHLS, a reasonably recent version of a program called ffmpeg (which, depending on your platform you may already have), and then a new menu for the iPlayer plugin. Most of what you need should be in the first dozen or so posts at http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...LS-m3u8-stream.

I you get into difficulty, posts on this thread, or the HLS one, should get a response. You'll need to say what operating system you are using.
    LMS 7.9.2 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touchs & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Sorry to be a simpleton but...

Quote Originally Posted by bonze View Post
    I have attached two replacement menu.opml files, based on the URLs supplied earlier in the thread.

One for UK and one for non-uk.

I've tested both on my system and they appear to work OK.

If you do use, remember to backup your existing menu.opml (just in case )

Also, make sure you have the 'Stream Preference' for the BBC iPlayer plugin set to:
    AAC > FlashAAC > FlashMP3 > WMA
    Sorry to be so Unix illiterate, but how do I take this file from the zip file and overwrite it on my Unix based NAS box?
    I have connected with Putty via ssh.
    I have found the directory (cd /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/BBCiPlayer)
    I have made a back up copy of menu.opml... so I'm ready to go, I now just have a file on my Windows machine waiting to overwrite and no idea how I do that. Could anybody supply me with the commands or point me in the right direction please? I've tried going in to Vi the file but I then get stuck and can't get out no matter how many times I type :q! or :q or :Q I end up terminating the putty session instead. Sorry for the noob question I'm just having a block. Oh and thanks in advance to bonze for doing this!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheenis View Post
    Sorry to be so Unix illiterate, but how do I take this file from the zip file and overwrite it on my Unix based NAS box?
    I have connected with Putty via ssh.
    I have found the directory (cd /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/BBCiPlayer)
    I have made a back up copy of menu.opml... so I'm ready to go, I now just have a file on my Windows machine waiting to overwrite and no idea how I do that. Could anybody supply me with the commands or point me in the right direction please? I've tried going in to Vi the file but I then get stuck and can't get out no matter how many times I type :q! or :q or :Q I end up terminating the putty session instead. Sorry for the noob question I'm just having a block. Oh and thanks in advance to bonze for doing this!
    Install WinSCP -
    it gives you an explorer like interface for accessing the remote device and easy copy of files.
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Home Mini, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------