Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Volume controls

formerly known as Fletch
    Did you enable the Custom.map under Settings->Player->Remote?

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Settings->Player->Remote?
    only shows these options:

Front_Panel
    Slim_Devices_Remote
    jvc_dvd

MC
    Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known
    Last.fm/user/ModelCitizen

formerly known as Fletch
    Below that, there should be a dropdown to select the default(standard) map or the custom map.

Well there isn't... or rather wasn't.... I've now messed around a bit (and used a different browser) and the drop down is now there and I can now wallop the knob and radio 4 starts immediately. Perfect. Thanks.

Ummm.. I don't suppose there is a way to make sure that hitting the knob when Boom is powered off will start the Boom playing a particular playlist is there? Currently, the way I have it, it'll only play the playlist that was being listened to when it was last shut down.

MC
    Last edited by ModelCitizen; 2008-09-19 at 13:10.

formerly known as Fletch
    Quote Originally Posted by ModelCitizen View Post
    Ummm.. I don't suppose there is a way to make sure that hitting the knob when Boom is powered off will start the Boom playing a particular playlist is there?
    I guess you could map the knob push to, for example, playFavorite_1 instead of power_on.

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    I guess you could map the knob push to, for example, playFavorite_1 instead of power_on.
    Cheers. I'll try that when i get back but it looks to me that it might not do what I what I want... which is.... to hit the knob when the Boom is off and to have it turn on and play BBC Radio 4 (yes, almost like a normal radio!).

MC

Would it not make sense to have Radio 4 as one of your favourite buttons, and then just press that? It would turn on the Boom and start playing, exactly what you are after but without the faffing around?

Oh. Does hitting a favourite button turn the Boom on (from an off state)? I didn't realise that...
    However, I'd prefer to use the knob as it's nice and big and I can hit it in the morning without opening my eyes.
    :-)

MC

The knob is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by 403gl View Post
    My first instinct when I'm listening to music is always to 'turn' the dial to make it louder/softer...pressing volume up/down seems awkward!
    Quote Originally Posted by soxfan View Post
    I agree, my first instinct is to always turn the knob to adjust the volume.
    I agree that the knob has to *do volume* but I am at a loss to see how this can be best squared with doing navigation (which it also *has* to do).

Personally I think the current implementation (as outlined above by head honcho Dean) is the best it an be. However, it'd be interesting to see what solutions others may have.

MC
    Last edited by ModelCitizen; 2008-09-19 at 13:27.

Quote Originally Posted by ModelCitizen View Post
    The knob is hard.

I agree that the knob has to *do volume* but I am at a loss to see how this can be best squared with doing navigation (which it also *has* to do).

Personally I think the current implementation (as outlined above by head honcho Dean) is the best it an be. However, it'd be interesting to see what solutions others may have.

MC
    With only one knob, it definitely would be more effective mapped as station navigational knob...Flipping through hundreds of folders and stations would suck by pressing up/down +/-

I've only begun to scratch the surface of the SB3, but I had no idea you can re-program the behavior of the buttons within Windows.. or can you??!!