Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Duet Controller lock up

Anybody know whether there is an issue with the latest Duet controller software (7.2r2873)? - when I try to access "Artists" who have multiple album entries the controller freezes and eventually reboots - if not then it looks as if my controller is bust - annoying as all else works OK

I filed a bug reporting a similar symptom, but a different cause I think:

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=9461

You could add comments regarding your situation. If you have an SD card, you could follow the log capture procedure they outline to capture any data that might be helpful to them.

I think it is a software bug and not a hardware problem.
    Rich
    ---------
    Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch, iPeng on iPod Touch, SqueezeCommander, OrangeSqueeze, and SqueezePlayer on Xoom and Galaxy Player 4.2. CentOS 6.3 Server running LogitechMediaServer 7.7.2 and SqueezeSlave.
    Current library stats: 40,810 songs, 3,153 albums, 582 artists.
    http://www.last.fm/user/maggior

Quote Originally Posted by yellowelans4 View Post
    Anybody know whether there is an issue with the latest Duet controller software (7.2r2873)? - when I try to access "Artists" who have multiple album entries the controller freezes and eventually reboots - if not then it looks as if my controller is bust - annoying as all else works OK
    I was having the exact same issue. In addition the controller wouldn't update past version 7.2r2847. I updated to 7.2r2920 today using the SD card method and everything is back to normal.

same, same

hi, i have the same firmware version and the same problem. dont know yet what sd-upgrade means, will search for it to fix my artists problem too.
    future is now

I can just second that you are not alone on that problem. Same firmware, exact same problem.

hey echo, where did you find the version 7.2r2920? dont find it - tks
    future is now

Quote Originally Posted by robotron View Post
    hi, i have the same firmware version and the same problem. dont know yet what sd-upgrade means, will search for it to fix my artists problem too.
    See the article here: http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...e_with_SD_Card

Quote Originally Posted by robotron View Post
    hey echo, where did you find the version 7.2r2920? dont find it - tks
    I found it here: http://update.slimdevices.com/update/firmware/7.2.1/
    (although the version number may change if it's updated)

Edit: I'm using SqueezeCenter Version: 7.3 - 23220 @ Fri Sep 19 03:15:09 PDT 2008
    Last edited by Echo; 2008-09-21 at 14:09.

Is 7.3 stable at this point?

I'm finding more locations in my library where the UI hangs and then the controller restarts itself. So far, I've identified it has nothing to do with my tags, artwork, or MusicIP. I'm at a loss as to what else to try. Logitech has been requesting me to try some things, but we don't seem to be getting anywhere near root cause.

I'm reluctant to move to 7.3 fearing instability. Though I guess it can't be any worse than it is now :-).

Those of you using 7.3 - are you happy with it? Is is stable at this point?

Thanks!
    Rich
    Rich
    ---------
    Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch, iPeng on iPod Touch, SqueezeCommander, OrangeSqueeze, and SqueezePlayer on Xoom and Galaxy Player 4.2. CentOS 6.3 Server running LogitechMediaServer 7.7.2 and SqueezeSlave.

Quote Originally Posted by maggior View Post
    Those of you using 7.3 - are you happy with it? Is is stable at this point?
    I wasn't able to update the controller firmware automatically but once done using the SD card my issue with the multiple album artists lock-up went away. I haven't noticed any other instabilities, can you elaborate on your findings? Something I might be able to try and replicate.

On my system, I have discovered 3 artists that if I browse their albums with the scroll wheel, the UI on the controller locks up (scroll won't work and the back arrow doesn't work) and eventually restarts itself. This is 100% reproducable for me with these 3 artists. There may be more artists lurking that have the same problem, but I only know of 3 so far.

I've gotten the UI to lock up while logged into the controller via SSH and I can still navigate the file system, so the controller isn't completely dead. I tried collecting log files to an SD card, but they they are deleted upon rebooting.

I removed the artwork for these artists and cleared/rescanned my library. No change. I also disabled musicIP - no change.

Does this seem remotely like the situation you were dealing with?

Thanks!
    Rich
    ---------