Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Controller doesn't reconnect to network after sleep - Please post your issues

There are a number of network related issues that can occur with Duet and Controller, I could use some information in this particular case. For anyone noticing their Controller not properly reconnecting to their wireless network after sleep please share a few details if you have time to help me out. A typical case of this seems to be after setting Controller down (not in charger) for a period of time, then waking the controller and seeing a red wireless icon.

If you see this please reply to this thread with your wireless router / access point model number and version, and firmware version. As well please share your wireless encryption settings, and DHCP status. Also please let us know if this is a "standard wireless" setup or bridged (Receiver connected via Ethernet), and finally the firmware version of the controller available in Settings -> Advanced -> About. If you have questions about what connection type you're using, please see here:

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...onnectionTypes

If you happen to reproduce this behavior (red wireless icon after sleep) please check the DHCP client table within your router (often called LAN status or similar) and compare the IP address assigned to your Controller with the IP the controller. You can find the IP of the Controller by browsing to Settings -> Advanced -> Remote Login, when you enable SSH you will see a message at the bottom of the screen showing the Controllers IP address.

Thank you everyone!
    Last edited by mvalera; 2008-09-17 at 12:57.
    Ross L

MrSinatra
    am i right in thinking there are 3 colors? white, red, and blue?

what is the technical explanation behind each color? also, are there ever any other icons displayed? like less bars or something else?

Duet Controller wont wake up !

Usually you'll get a "please wait" message when you leave the duet controller laying, it then reconnects to the network.

This Duet controller has the buttons enlighted, but if I move it, or press the buttons it doesnt wake up.
    You then have to remove the battery, and restart it.
    It was doing this under fm2428 (7.01), and now fm2873(7.2).
    pwr mgt settings:
    Sleep timeout: 60
    Suspend timeout 3600
    Suspend enabled: checked
    Suspend Wake: unchecked
    Wireless power save: checked

Anyone had the same problem or a solution for this ?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
    am i right in thinking there are 3 colors? white, red, and blue?

what is the technical explanation behind each color? also, are there ever any other icons displayed? like less bars or something else?
    White is connected, red is no wireless connection, blue is connected to wireless but not to music source. You should see less bars (white) as you get further from your access point.
    Ross L

I get this problem quite often. My setup is bridged mode as I don't have a wireless network. I don't have the details with me now but will make a note of them when I next get the problem.

The battery on one of my controllers appears to be faulty and I'm waiting for a replacement (it is also that controller that has connectivity issues). Hopefully I can get the information you need before I get the replacement device.

The only issue I have at the moment is that after powering down both my receivers, they won't connect to slimserver anymore. I've managed to get the controllers to see the receivers but when I try to connect the receiver via ethernet to the network, it fails so until I get them working again, I won't have any debugging info for you.

-AV Spyder

Maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by AV_Spyder View Post
    I get this problem quite often. My setup is bridged mode as I don't have a wireless network. I don't have the details with me now but will make a note of them when I next get the problem.
    As much as I wanted to use bridged mode when I first got my DUET, I eventually gave up and went with the alternate. I think I have a lot less issues with the controller now. Actually, I can't remember the last controller issue I had.

Maybe try connecting your controller to your router just to see if the same is true for your setup.

Howard

Ross...

It occurred to me after replying to another poster on this thread that it might be interesting and a good control to see which users connect their controller bridged and which connect through a router. Then what percentage of each has issues with the controller.

As I mentioned in the other post, since moving from bridged to routed, I can't remember the last controller problem. Mine stays connected and never has a problem quickly waking.

Just a thought.

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Passman View Post
    Maybe try connecting your controller to your router just to see if the same is true for your setup.
    Howard

Thanks for the advise. I'm not sure how I can connect my controller to the router directly. The router is wires only (I'm still in the dark ages with no wireless capability). I thought the only way was using the receiver to bridge the wireless controller to the wired router.

I'm beginning to think that I may have to get a wireless router for stability reasons and also because the battery life of the controller is much better according to the wiki.

After powering off/resetting my receivers as requested by logitech support, I've got problems getting them to reconnect to my router - I've spotted another thread which looks like it covers this issue so I won't go into detail on this thread to keep it clean (unless slim devices ask for details).

-AV Spyder

I suffer the dreaded blue colour on the controller after it has been set down problem regularly. Every now and then it also occurs after the controller has been in the cradle for several days unused.

My details:
    Wireless router - Netgear DG834G V3.01.31
    Standard ethernet connection
    Receiver has reserved IP address
    SqueezeCenter Version: 7.2 - 22900
    Controller 7.2r2873

I do hope this problem can be solved. It is driving me nuts and is the reason I have not bought more receivers - and why I bought a Roberts W201 instead of a Boom. If it is not solved within the year's warranty I will have no choice but to return it as faulty, and continue to do so till it is sorted.

i have this problem every morning when take it to bed. Want to know a easy fix? JUST SELL THE CHARGERS... PLEASE

Post the info later.. Love the product.