Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Announce: xAP Plugin v2.2.0 for SqueezeCenter v7.x

Following many months of beta testing, a xAP plugin for SqueezeCenter v7.x is now available.

The xAP Plug-in for SqueezeCenter by ersp-design adds home automation capabilities to SqueezeCenter using the xAP automation protocol.

The plugin can be found at http://www.erspearson.com/xAP/Slim/slim_main.htm

xAP Plug-in v2 for SqueezeCenter is a second generation, pure-Perl implementation of a xAP connector for this platform. The previous version, released in 2006 supported server software v6.x (SlimServer) and followed on from the original .Net version. This version has been revised to work with v7.x SqueezeCenter software, features significantly enhanced message display functionality as well as numerous other enhancements and bug fixes.

The plugin provides two-way xAP communication for SqueezeCenter with the following main functions:
    Player power and volume control with xAP BSC
    Player transport control
    Player mixer control
    Player message display
    Playlist management
    Server control
    Access to low-level remote button and IR codes.

The xAP plug-in for SqueezeCenter supports messages from these xAP schema specifications:
    Basic Status and Control (BSC) v1.3
    Audio and Media Control v2.2 with SqueezeCenter-specific extensions
    On Screen Display (OSD) with SqueezeCenter-specific extensions.

A big thanks to the beta testers over the last few months!

Edward Pearson
    ersp - design, London.

Thanks for the updated plugin Edward. I've got a few SliMP3s dotted around, along with a squeezebox and a duet, so a decent range to test against.

I've noticed that message.display duration= isn't being honored by the slimp3s, but does work fine with the squeezebox. Display messages flash briefly on the slimp3s, but never for the allotted duration.

Any way to access the SqueezeCenter Random Mix/playlists/favourites functionality through xAP-Audio.Playlist?

I'll be having a play with IR.events over the weekend. I used them quite a bit with the previous versions of the plugin.

Thanks for the fedback The original SliMP3 is the one unit I don't have to test on. I'll check SqueezeCenter code to see what the difference might be. Can you confirm what SqueezeCenter version you are running please.

Edward

7.1 - 22170. I'll upgrade to 7.2 over the weekend.

Hi,

I have a couple of SLimp3's (firmware 2.3) connected to 7.2 and can confirm it does work correctly with these versions. I tested a few message.displays and durations between 2s and 60s worked fine. It actually works alot better than the old 6.0 version as I used to get a pause when a message went away and the screen would blank before returning to the slimp3 clock. With 7.2 it goes straight from the display message back to the clock, which is nice!

James

That's good to hear James. And what I'd expect looking at the SqueezeCenter side of things; no reason why a SliMP3 should behave differently. Vworp, one thing you could try would be to check that the Auto Brightness setting for your SliMP3's is turned off as this can interfere with the display of xAP messages.

I've upgraded to 7.2.1 - 23223, the nightly release from 20/9 (had an issue with the standard 7.2). Duration appears correct now on both slimp3 when the player is on, when the player is off messages are back to the brief flash. I suspect it's something to do with the 'adjust brightness automatically' setting, but that has disappeared in 7.2...

A problem with 7.2.1 squeezecenter nightly. The plugin doesn't translate BSC state commands to players, audio.transport commands aren't being acted upon either. So, no on/off/previous/next control from xAP.
    With the xapbsc.cmd state messages, although the players never change state, xapbsc.event messages are generated indicating they have.
    I suspect this problem is cause by my using a nightly release. I can always pick another one up in a few days.

I'm testing xapbsc.cmd messages from OPN-MAX. James, Floorplans generated bsc messages don't appear to work at all for squeezecenter, something to do with id= being correctly set, OPN-MAX auto wildcards to id=*. Do you see this behaviour too?

Edward, is the squeezecenter plugin case sensitive to xAP messages?
    The ID= key in xapbsc.cmd messages seems to work when wildcarded, id=*, but not when targeted to the correct sub address eg id=02.

I've managed to revert to 7.2 without breaking everything. xAP control via BSC and audio.transport is working again, so that was all down to the nightly.

BSC control from Floorplan is still broken. It's definitely the id= as sent by floorplan. I'm not sure who's wrong here, for this particular player the id is 0002 as sent by floorplan (should that be 02?), but the plugin doesn't respond to 02 or 0002, only *.

Minor bug: If a player is in an off state and playback is resumed from an audio.transport message, a xapbsc.event message is not generated to indicate that the player has switched on. The following xapbsc.info messages also remain in the wrong state.

I also got latest nightly build, version SqueezeCenter Version: 7.2.1 - 23230 and I can't send any commands to the SlimServer/player over xAP. I get all events, but it's not responding to anything.

Are there any way to turn on xAP plugin debugging or anything? My log files don't seem to show any related errors, etc.

/Hakan