Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

How can I make my Boom display look like the one on the box?

Screen real estate is pretty scarce on the Boom, so I'm wondering how I can set the display so that it looks like the illustration on the box - with the artist replacing 'now playing' in small letters on the top line and the song title in larger type below. I've been messing around with the settings in Squeezecenter and can't find anything that would let me do that, and I can't find a plugin either. Obviously, I'm missing something. Any suggestions?

Try the MusicInfo plugin, although it does seem weird to feature a third party plugin on a product shot

Quote Originally Posted by radish View Post
    Try the MusicInfo plugin, although it does seem weird to feature a third party plugin on a product shot
    It works great... I've got that exact setup using the latest MusicInfo SCR plugin, and its definitely my favorite screen saver.

I think it's pretty lame to use a 3rd party plug-in for a marketing shot put on the front of the box. If the plug-in is that great, why not just make it part of the product?

How many new users will want to set it up the same way and feel like idiots when they find they can't. If I was put in that position, I know I'd be pretty perturbed.
    Rich
    ---------
    Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch, iPeng on iPod Touch, SqueezeCommander, OrangeSqueeze, and SqueezePlayer on Xoom and Galaxy Player 4.2. CentOS 6.3 Server running LogitechMediaServer 7.7.2 and SqueezeSlave.
    Current library stats: 40,810 songs, 3,153 albums, 582 artists.
    http://www.last.fm/user/maggior

Perhaps some credit/mention somewhere? I'd think that it was a feature that additional functionality is available from a wide variety of sources and the openness and extensibility of the product.

Almost all product displays seem to be "gen'd" up by marketing - in my book. I think that this is an exception that you actually CAN make the actual product look like what is on the box...

I downloaded the plugin, extracted into the "Plugins" folder, and restarted SqueezeCenter, but can't find the setup for MusicInfo - am I doing something wrong?

Thanks...

How can I make my Boom display look like the one on the box? [updated: with guide]

> restarted SqueezeCenter, but can't find the setup for MusicInfo - am I

It's in the player settings for your player.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by maggior View Post
    I think it's pretty lame to use a 3rd party plug-in for a marketing shot put on the front of the box.
    Well, It's not really THAT 3rd party, isn't it :-)
    More like 2 1/2...
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

I'm totally confused. Found what appears to be the latest version of the Musicinfo plugin (v. 4.2) on Michael Herger's website (for some reason it's not in the regular plugins section on the Slim Devices website) and installed it per the directions. It shows up, but the yellow 'settings' button is missing. Even weirder, a non-functional version sort of shows up in the Boom settings menu (I had to click a blank space to find it) and it's obviously the right plugin, but it's not all there - you can't change the settings, so it's completely non-functional.

Come on, guys. If you're going to show a function on the box, it really ought to be available on the product - or at the least you should provide a pointer to a functioning plugin. Has anybody successfully downloaded the Musicinfo plugin and managed to make it work on the Boom? What am I missing here?

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Soames View Post
    Has anybody successfully downloaded the Musicinfo plugin and managed to make it work on the Boom? What am I missing here?
    Yes. It work's fine on my Boom (and my other Squeezeboxen). You might want to list your OS and how / where you installed MusicInfo to help get it working for you.

Richard