X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aubuti
    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by vs27
    I saw in the Wiki for the Boom that the headphone jack was also a sub-woofer output. Has anyone done this and what sub was used?
    Many people, many subs. Too many to summarize here. The forums' search engine isn't perfect, but it's a huge help for things like this. Search on "subwoofer" in the Boom forum and you get this: http://forums.slimdevices.com/search...archid=4274030

You may also want to search on "sub-woofer" or just "sub".
    Main system: SB3 > Emotiva XDA-1 > NAD C 325BEE > Vandersteen 1
    Living room: SB2 > Audioengine HD6
    Kitchen/dining: SB2 > AudioSource AMP 100 > 2-pairs of Polk Audio RC60i in-ceiling speakers
    Deck/patio: SB Receiver > AudioSource AMP 100 > Polk Atrium 45
    Study: Squeezelite-X on Win10 laptop with cheapo Logitech speakers
    Bedroom: SB Radio
    Quiet time: Hifiman Sundara headphones plugged into NAD amp or iPhone + AudioQuest Dragonfly Red DAC/amp
    LMS 8.5 running on a Raspberry Pi3 (piCore), controlled using iPeng and SB Controllers

Comment

• WAD62
      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by aubuti
      Many people, many subs. Too many to summarize here. The forums' search engine isn't perfect, but it's a huge help for things like this. Search on "subwoofer" in the Boom forum and you get this: http://forums.slimdevices.com/search...archid=4274030

You may also want to search on "sub-woofer" or just "sub".
      It is indeed a sub-out (or even a pre out if you want to use it as a receiver), I've used it with an active logitech sub (from a Z4 2.1 setup), and it does help a bit...but one is rather urinating in a stiff breeze!

However if you really want to improve the sound IMHO, take the pre out to an amp and add some proper speakers
      Cheers Will

Comment

• Phil Leigh
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by vs27
        I saw in the Wiki for the Boom that the headphone jack was also a sub-woofer output. Has anyone done this and what sub was used?
        Yeah - I use the Headphone/LINE OUT of the Boom to drive a sub permanently - in my case it's a cheap Creative computer sub, but it works in my kitchen.
        There's a wide variety of inexpensive subs that could be used..
        You want to see the signal path BEFORE it gets onto a CD/vinyl...it ain't what you'd call minimal...
        Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
        Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
        Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.

Comment

• MikeekiM
          • Sep 2008

I am also driving a sub (Polk Audio) from my Boom, and it makes quite a difference...

I wish I could also have line-in at the same time so I can hook up my iPod nano from time-to-time...but it's just a low "want"...
          SqueezeCenter Running on HP EX485 MediaSmart Server (WHS)
          - 2 SqueezeBox Controllers
          - 3 SqueezeBox Receiver
          - 5 SqueezeBox Booms

Comment

• toby10
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by MikeekiM
            I am also driving a sub (Polk Audio) from my Boom, and it makes quite a difference...

I wish I could also have line-in at the same time so I can hook up my iPod nano from time-to-time...but it's just a low "want"...
            Line In and Line Out are two separate inputs, they cannot be used at the same time?

Comment

• BlueCharge
              • Dec 2009

No "Music Information Screen" in drop-down menu

n/a - sorry :-)
              Last edited by BlueCharge; 2012-03-11, 14:08.

Comment

• Michael Herger
                Babelfish's Best Boy
                • Apr 2005

Squeezebox Boom FAQ

> Plug-in is properly installed.

How do you know? Anything particular in the server.log file?

--

Michael
                Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
                (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• sologuy
                  • Jan 2018

did FAQ URL change?

Is the current Boom FAQ page located at https://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.p..._Boom_FAQ.html rather than at https://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Boom_FAQ (as noted at beginning of this pinned thread)?

Comment

• deehok
                    • Mar 2020

ADD station does not work on mysqueezbox.com

I have a squeezbox boom, since 2022 09 17, 'add favourite' doesn't work on web site 'mysqieezbox.com', though I could delete/edit my favorite on web site & can add favourite on player but if it works on web site , it's easier. Please help Thanks.

Comment

• toby10
                      • Jul 2007

Can't add any Fovorite on MySB.com? Or just a particular stream?

How are you trying to add it? Web remote control or cut & paste a URL? If the later, post that URL in here.

Comment

• kidstypike
                        • Feb 2007

Test, please ignore
                        Pi5 .. pCP 9beta5 .. LMS 8.4 -- nomysqueezebox
                        Study - Pi2B .. S.M.S.L SU-1 .. Q Acoustics M20
                        Snug/TV .. DAC32 .. Audio Engine B2
                        Spares - 1xSBTouch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

Comment

• Fahzz
                          • Jul 2007

Can I play music on my Boom without using LMS by connecting wirelessly to MySqueezebox? Anything ? Am I limited to the apps listed? Thanks.
                          Beelink EQ 12 w/LMS Server 8.4 on Windows 11
                          SMSL SU-1 DAC
                          Router: Netgear R700P
                          Music Service: Qobuz
                          Logitech Boom

Comment

• CJS
                            • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Fahzz
                            Can I play music on my Boom without using LMS by connecting wirelessly to MySqueezebox? Anything ? Am I limited to the apps listed? Thanks.
                            Yes, you can connect your Boom to mysqueezebox.com. Then you are indeed limited to the apps that are available on mysqueezebox.com.

Be aware that when your Boom is connected to mysqueezebox.com, there are several limitations (i.e. compared to LMS):
                            • Boom can only play http streams (nowadays several radio stations only offer https streams)
                            • Boom can only play MP3 and FLAC streams (mysqueezebox.com does not provide transcoding of AAC and HLS streams)
                            • Limited number of apps available on mysqueezebox.com (LMS offers much more plugins)
                            • No way to listen to BBC radio stations (except BBC world service). BBS Sounds plugin is only available for LMS
                            • No Material skin, No Radio Now Playing plugin, no Music and Artist Information plugin, etc
                            So in practice when connected to mysqueezebox.com, you can basically only listen to regular http MP3 radio streams.
                            | LMS 8.5.2 on Linux Mint 21.3 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 8.2.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | ESP Muse Luxe |

Comment

• kidstypike
                              • Feb 2007

Boom has a line in port, so anything your phone/tablet/laptop can play ....
                              Pi5 .. pCP 9beta5 .. LMS 8.4 -- nomysqueezebox
                              Study - Pi2B .. S.M.S.L SU-1 .. Q Acoustics M20
                              Snug/TV .. DAC32 .. Audio Engine B2
                              Spares - 1xSBTouch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

Comment

• Fahzz
                                • Jul 2007

Thanks. I wanted to confirm I could do it without LMS, and I figured there would be limitations.I only use the room occasionally, so no big deal.
                                Beelink EQ 12 w/LMS Server 8.4 on Windows 11
                                SMSL SU-1 DAC
                                Router: Netgear R700P
                                Music Service: Qobuz
                                Logitech Boom

Comment

Working...