Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 688 of 792 FirstFirst ... 188588638678686687688689690698738788 ... LastLast
Results 6,871 to 6,880 of 7911
    Quote Originally Posted by john greenwood View Post
    Good suggestion, but not the answer. Switched off cellular on my 6S, but still heard the clicks and pops. In fact today things were worse - for the first time I heard them while playing music stored on the phone.

I also had the chance to try a second Dragonfly, but heard the clicks and pops with that too.

I tried the 5S again, and that remains clean. So it's definitely a problem with the newer phone. And as it is now clearly audible from sources independent of iPeng, I doubt that the solution is there.
    Actually I don't really have a good idea here.
    My guess is it's related to the data rates or something, are you using HD files?
    But then the &S should really be more powerful here.
    You are not using iOS 6 on he 5S (iOS 7 and newer require much more resources).

As to iPeng directly drawing power I don't think there should be a big difference and if then newer versions would draw more because they are built on the iOS 7/8/9 runtime which is slower than the old ones.

You are not transcoding the stream to one of the devices?
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Well, it doesn't have the best hit rate anymore but still often works for me.

Hm, is that a standardized feature on Wikipedia? And isn't that already quickly accessible through the Artist lookup?
    Most artists (but not all admittedly) have separate discography entries in Wikipedia. As to whether it's quickly accessible via artists depends on your definition of quickly. You usually have to scroll a long way to find the discography link - Miles Davis is a good example.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Actually I don't really have a good idea here.
    My guess is it's related to the data rates or something, are you using HD files?
    But then the &S should really be more powerful here.
    You are not using iOS 6 on he 5S (iOS 7 and newer require much more resources).

As to iPeng directly drawing power I don't think there should be a big difference and if then newer versions would draw more because they are built on the iOS 7/8/9 runtime which is slower than the old ones.

You are not transcoding the stream to one of the devices?
    Streaming lossless 44.1/16. 256 kbps on the phone.
    Using iOS 9.[whatever is newest] on both phones.
    LMS source files are FLAC and ALAC. I think Tidal streams FLAC. No transcoding I am aware of.

Edit - I heard from Audioquest that it's a known problem with the Camera Adapter that Apple is trying to fix. Apparently the workaround is to buy Apple's new USB 3 to Lightning Adapter (another $39)
    Last edited by john greenwood; 2016-08-19 at 08:51.

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Pippin. Just two quick questions.
    Is the swipe left "lyrics" still worthwhile? I thought the song lyrics plugin has been defunct for some time?
    For me this is an really useful feature which i use every day: Not for song lyrics, because i prefer classical music, but as an easy way to display additional information. I've put a copy of the text i usually store in the COMMENT-Tag in there, so with a simple swipe to the left i can read additional information (like conductor, orchestra, soloists or a content description in case of radio shows). Much easier than having to click through the context menus. I would be really sad to see this gone...

Quote Originally Posted by sternenjaeger View Post
    For me this is an really useful feature which i use every day: Not for song lyrics, because i prefer classical music, but as an easy way to display additional information. I've put a copy of the text i usually store in the COMMENT-Tag in there, so with a simple swipe to the left i can read additional information (like conductor, orchestra, soloists or a content description in case of radio shows). Much easier than having to click through the context menus. I would be really sad to see this gone...
    Can you explain further? Are you saying the comments tag will display there? If so I'd use it as well.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

iPeng support thread

Hm, that might depend on the server/scanner configuration but what should definitely always be shown there is the lyrics tag.
    That one even overrides what the plugin delivers
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Can you explain further? Are you saying the comments tag will display there? If so I'd use it as well.
    No, but since i do not need the lyrics i simply copy the content COMMENT Tag to the UNSYNCEDLYRICS tag with an action in MP3Tag. This is done in the same action group which moves the files to the file system of the server, so it is no additional work.
    Only disadvantage: In the Web-Interface the text ist displayed twice - but i would recomend to keep the text in both tags anyway because COMMENT is recognized by the wonderful full text search of 7.9.

I think this is not 100% following standards, AFAIK the unsynched lyrics tag should be written in the form Language|Text, but iPeng displays it anyways.
    The advantage is that you just need to copy and paste the text you want in there, you can read and scroll through it in iPeng really fast (even with 100s of lines) and it is simpler than the context menu.
    Last edited by sternenjaeger; 2016-08-19 at 16:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Webkemmi View Post
    Pippin,
    since updating to the latest version of iPeng 9, I have trouble browsing the Genres.
    A lot of Genres show an empty list on my iPad mini, my iPad Air 2 and my iPhone but not all Genres are affected!
    I don't know whether it is related, but i had the same problem: Since an update of iPeng some (not all genres) showed no albums and some only a few.

Yesterday i notices that another (backup) squeezeserver doesn't show this weird behaviour. I tried to figure out the differences in the settings.

In the non working installation i had "Browse Artists" set to "Use single, configurable list of artists"

Name:  Missing albums.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  21.5 KB

In the other server - which was looking fine in iPeng - this was set to "Use two separate list..."

Name:  Correct.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  16.6 KB

After i changed the setting in my main server also to ""Use two separate list..." iPeng displayed all albums in a genre again immediately.
    Last edited by sternenjaeger; 2016-08-20 at 03:12.

Yes, that's a known issue and I already have a fix that will be included in the next update.
    In LMS 7.9 iPeng filters the genre list for the albumartist role, which it needs to do if you have the separate lists configured but if you only have a single list that role is usually undefined.
    It should only filter if you have to separate lists and we had discussed that a long time ago but then Christmas came along (seriously, it was that long ago) and it got forgotten....
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Hi Pippin (still loving the App )
    Trying to playback on my iPhone 6 remotely, running a recent 7.9 LMS.

I can see and control my actual SqBoxes, but the iPhone is not showing to enable playback, so assume router is OK for port forwarding.

Do you know how to resolve or some pointers?