Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pippin
    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by atlslim
    Yes; the progress bar is there and fills to about the 'http://' mark, then stops until the page ultimately loads. I'll try the new files later to see if that speeds things up.

One question - is there a way to make a page 'auto-refresh'? I would like to see my 'presets' update automagically.
    Is that what happens on the other skins? There was some JavaScript I didn't understand the use of and that I disabled. I can look into that...
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Comment

• atlslim
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by pippin
      Is that what happens on the other skins?
      Don't think it exists in the XM skins but have seen this feature in the 3rd-party Sirius Radio plugin? Not a problem if it's too much trouble.

Thanks!

Comment

• x-cimo
        • Sep 2008

Does anyone know if it is possible to use the Infrared Plugin (IR) with iPeng, so changing the volume would go over the IR emitter to my receiver and change the volume on the receiver?

Thanks

Comment

• pippin
          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by x-cimo
          Does anyone know if it is possible to use the Infrared Plugin (IR) with iPeng, so changing the volume would go over the IR emitter to my receiver and change the volume on the receiver?

Thanks
          You mean IRBlaster?
          I don't know that one, but from what I read about it I THINK it may not work since it seems to override SC's volume and replace it with "volume up"/"volume down" commands, while iPeng set's an absolute volume.

If that's true and there's a way to access these "up/down" commands through the CLI (e.g. with the "button volume_up" and "button volume_down" commands) it would be possible to build a workaround using iPeng's own plugin interface, but you would not be able to use the slider then but would have to click up/down icons.
          ---
          at penguinlovesmusic.com

Comment

• x-cimo
            • Sep 2008

You mean IRBlaster?
            I don't know that one, but from what I read about it I THINK it may not work since it seems to override SC's volume and replace it with "volume up"/"volume down" commands, while iPeng set's an absolute volume.

If that's true and there's a way to access these "up/down" commands through the CLI (e.g. with the "button volume_up" and "button volume_down" commands) it would be possible to build a workaround using iPeng's own plugin interface, but you would not be able to use the slider then but would have to click up/down icons.

Did anyone tried to control the IRBlaster with iPeng? i.e Accessing those up/down or by another way.

Comment

• rdb001
              • Sep 2007

Sirius

I believe playback is the issue, but am not certain it is a stream. I think it is. Control didn't seem to be an issue.

Comment

• jotap_66
                • Jun 2006

SC 7.2 and ipeng 0.52

Hello:

I have using ipeng and SC...for several months

Now, I installed SC 7.2 on my Mac, and ipeng 0.52 to test the local playback in my ipod touch...I am not sure of how to use the local playback....All works Ok (as always) but I dont know using local playback( on my ipod touch)

If I am listening a song, I arrive to a point that I see a blue icon and the text "ipeng local playback". If I select this button all the songs of a disk (list) are shown but now if I select a song, nothing happens ¿Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

JP

Comment

• pippin
                  • Oct 2007

Originally posted by jotap_66
                  Hello:

I have using ipeng and SC...for several months

Now, I installed SC 7.2 on my Mac, and ipeng 0.52 to test the local playback in my ipod touch...I am not sure of how to use the local playback....All works Ok (as always) but I dont know using local playback( on my ipod touch)

If I am listening a song, I arrive to a point that I see a blue icon and the text "ipeng local playback". If I select this button all the songs of a disk (list) are shown but now if I select a song, nothing happens ¿Am I doing something wrong?
                  Well, this SOUNDS correct to me. You say NOTHING happens? No QuicktTme screen with an error message or something?
                  What format are the files in? Until the "download-transcode" feature is implemented (probably 7.3) only file types that are supported by the iPod work (that is: mp3, aac, don't now about others), definitely no flac.
                  ---
                  at penguinlovesmusic.com

Comment

• jotap_66
                    • Jun 2006

Well, this SOUNDS correct to me. You say NOTHING happens? No QuicktTme screen with an error message or something?
                    No, nothing happens...

What format are the files in? Until the "download-transcode" feature is implemented (probably 7.3) only file types that are supported by the iPod work (that is: mp3, aac, don't now about others), definitely no flac.
                    Most of my files are flac...but I am aware of this, and I used mp3 and aac, and it does not work

Thank you very much for your fast answer and for the help

jp

Comment

• pippin
                      • Oct 2007

Most of my files are flac...but I am aware of this, and I used mp3 and aac, and it does not work

Thank you very much for your fast answer and for the help

Hm... You didn't get an error message, right?
                      Do you use a username/password for SC and don't have iPod FW 2.1? But that should give you at least an error message.
                      Do you have a Quictime applet at the top of the track list (a grey bar with a play icon in the middle?)
                      Can you see whether the browser is trying to load something?

@IRBlaster: today's svn version of iPeng has an experimental volume up/down feature on the NowPlaying plugin page. If somebody with IRBlaster and iPeng could try that, it would help me a lot. If that works (it does not work for NON-IRBlaster volume) I would include it in the next iPeng release, probably even on the volume bar. But I have to know it works, first.
                      ---
                      at penguinlovesmusic.com

Comment

• jotap_66
                        • Jun 2006

Hm... You didn't get an error message, right?
                        Do you use a username/password for SC and don't have iPod FW 2.1? But that should give you at least an error message.
                        No, no I have no password and I have FW 2.1

Do you have a Quictime applet at the top of the track list (a grey bar with a play icon in the middle?)
                        No

Can you see whether the browser is trying to load something?
                        Well, first of all, I am not sure if I start the local play correctly:

This is I try to select a song as usual,I must select the song, and to get the local playback...I select the song view where several parameters appear:

Track
                        Player
                        Multiplayer control
                        Ipeng Local PlayBack
                        IP Mixer

I press the local playback button, and then I see the transmision icon one second, and after this, I see all the songs list...Again, the transmision icon start for a second, and nothing happens....

By the way, I dont know what IP Mixer is (I never used), but when presing it happens the same as Local Playback..nothing... Could this help you?

JP

Comment

• pippin
                          • Oct 2007

Well, first of all, I am not sure if I start the local play correctly:

This is I try to select a song as usual,I must select the song, and to get the local playback...I select the song view where several parameters appear:

Track
                          Player
                          Multiplayer control
                          Ipeng Local PlayBack
                          IP Mixer
                          That's OK
                          I press the local playback button, and then I see the transmision icon one second, and after this, I see all the songs list...Again, the transmision icon start for a second, and nothing happens....
                          That's OK, too. This list should be a little bit different from the "normal" playlist in that it
                          - does not have an "x" to remove tracks
                          - It should have a grey quicktime plugin on top of the list. If it does not, you've got a problem. That problem may be that you don't have an internet connection - I think the iPod downloads the Qicktime plugin from Apple

On this screen you have to click a track and then playback should start from that track. You will notice because the quicktime playback screen should start up.
                          [/quote]
                          By the way, I dont know what IP Mixer is (I never used), but when presing it happens the same as Local Playback..nothing... Could this help you?
                          [/QUOTE]

Hm.. now you are confusing me. You said you get a track list when you click local playback, that's different from "nothing", isn't it?

MIP is a different case. That one only works if you have the MIP software running. Unfortunately SC's MIP plugin - which is what iPeng detects - is enabled by default even if MIP software is not running. Again, there should not be "nothing" happening but an empty list headed by "Empty" should show up? Is that not being displayed?

@jotap
                          From peterw's comments in the developer forum I understand that IRBlaster theoretically COULD work with iPeng out of the box.
                          I feel your original question was the correct one: Did anybody actually test that.
                          You may want to open up a new thread for that since I don't think everybody reads the "iPeng support thread".
                          ---
                          at penguinlovesmusic.com

Comment

• jotap_66
                            • Jun 2006

- It should have a grey quicktime plugin on top of the list. If it does not, you've got a problem. That problem may be that you don't have an internet connection - I think the iPod downloads the Qicktime plugin from Apple
                            What is this? Before the list I see a grey (almost black) strip, but it is empty...I have an internet connection

On this screen you have to click a track and then playback should start from that track. You will notice because the quicktime playback screen should start up.
                            No, I didnt see this...I click on a track, and nothing happens...

But how must I download the Quicktime plugin for the ipod? I never heard ofthis...

Hm.. now you are confusing me. You said you get a track list when you click local playback, that's different from "nothing", isn't it?
                            Sorry, delete nothing, it was a mistake

Thank you

JP
                            Last edited by jotap_66; 2008-09-19, 13:42.

Comment

• pippin
                              • Oct 2007

What is this? Before the list I see a grey (almost black) strip, but it is empty...I have an internet connection

No, I didnt see this...I click on a track, and nothing happens...

But how must I download the Quicktime plugin for the ipod? I never heard ofthis...
                              No, YOU don't have to download something. iPeng does that: It embeds the plugin - that's the grey strip. It SHOULD be there, and look like in the attached screenshot. If it doesn't, iPeng didn't succeed in downloading the QuickTime plugin (for MobileSafari) from Apple.

It also should only need to download this once, after that it should be present on your iPod.

Could you check whether plugins are enabled on your iPod ("settings->Safari->Plugins")?
                              ---
                              at penguinlovesmusic.com

Comment

• jotap_66
                                • Jun 2006

No, YOU don't have to download something. iPeng does that: It embeds the plugin - that's the grey strip. It SHOULD be there, and look like in the attached screenshot. If it doesn't, iPeng didn't succeed in downloading the QuickTime plugin (for MobileSafari) from Apple.

It also should only need to download this once, after that it should be present on your iPod.

Could you check whether plugins are enabled on your iPod ("settings->Safari->Plugins")?

Ohhh!!! It was disabled....Now is enabled and IT WORKS...........

Thank you very much......

JP

Comment

Working...