Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 791 of 793 FirstFirst ... 291691741781789790791792793 LastLast
Results 7,901 to 7,910 of 7927
    Quote Originally Posted by nnck View Post
    Spent some time on Mysqueezebox.com to see if I could find these options but to no avail. Are you suggesting this because you KNOW this functionality to be available through Mysqueezebox.com? If so, can you explain further how I could use it to change the options for viewing My Favorites album lists?

Can anyone offer any suggestions? Is there a better place to ask?
    The functionality is not yet there, that’s why I said you have to ask in the MySB section, that’s where it would have to be added.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    You can see it in the context menu but you can’t display it permanently, except through special tagging.
    OK - Thanks Pippin.

Hi-Fi 1: QNAP HS-453DX NAS+QLMS/Allo USBridge Signature+Shanti LPS/Cirrus ESS Sabre 32-bit Reference DAC (Oppo 105D)/Yamaha Aventage CX-A5000/Focal SM9s.
    Hi-Fi 2: Sqbox Touch+Shanti LPS/Focal XS Books.
    Hi-Fi 3: PC+Squeezelite-X+Material Skin/Focal XS Books.
    Hi-Fi Misc: iPeng (iPad/iPhones)/Plantronics BB Pro 2 LE Headphones.
    Accessories: Tchernov Classic & Van den Hul ICs; Thor PS10 Power Station; Blue Jeans & Ruleconnect Cables (Power, HDMI, USB & Coaxial); Aurios & Vibrapods.

Lag loading the quick access bar at bottom of UI

Morning Pippin,

Another recent observation - and possibly an idiosyncrasy of my iPhone and/or Network/LMS Environment - but I have noticed a strange lag many of the times I open iPeng that affects the quick access bar along the bottom. I have this customised, so mine reads: New Music | Artists | Albums | Genre | ... (and my '...' more list is also sorted into a custom sequence). The issue happens about 75% of the time when I first open the app (e.g in the evening after work and its the first time I've used the app that day):

What happens is it opens with what I am assuming is the default sequence showing (although I haven't recorded it each time to verify its the same 4 options every time, and on a couple of occasions I have had a very abbreviated list showing in the '...' more section) - and not my sequence above - and then after a delay of anything from 10 to say 90 seconds it updates and adopts my custom sequence. On the odd occasion it hasn't updated after about 90 seconds so I close the iPeng app and reopen it and it has my correct sequence on opening. Everything works fine from then on and its only the first time each 'session' - I can close and reopen the app as often as desired after that and it will immediately have my config showing.

I have only observed this since implementing my new QNAP HS-453DX NAS with QLMS and building a new library on that. Because it's fanless and relies solely on the heat sink for cooling I have it do maximum power saving (hibernation/sleep) to keep the activity low when not actively listening to music (to minimise the processor temperature). So I am guessing it's caused by the lag from the 'wake on LAN' or similar being initiated by iPeng, when its trying to connect to the library on the NAS? But, should this cause the effect on the iPeng UI (i.e. is it reliant on the library connection first before it adopts the user's custom config) - or is it unrelated and might be a minor issue with my iPeng App (e.g. needs a fresh reinstall)?

P.S. I also have Erland's TrackStat plugin enabled that may be impacting it? And I am using the single configurable Artists list in LMS. iPhone is 7 Plus (I also have an iPhone X and old iPad Mini 2 but haven't used iPeng recently on them, yet, to see if the same thing happens).

Many TIA.
    Last edited by Mycenius; 2020-01-13 at 11:45. Reason: Added P.S.

Hi-Fi 1: QNAP HS-453DX NAS+QLMS/Allo USBridge Signature+Shanti LPS/Cirrus ESS Sabre 32-bit Reference DAC (Oppo 105D)/Yamaha Aventage CX-A5000/Focal SM9s.
    Accessories: Tchernov Classic & Van den Hul ICs; Thor PS10 Power Station; Blue Jeans & Ruleconnect Cables (Power, HDMI, USB & Coaxial); Aurios & Vibrapods.

Quote Originally Posted by Mycenius View Post
    But, should this cause the effect on the iPeng UI (i.e. is it reliant on the library connection first before it adopts the user's custom config) - or is it unrelated and might be a minor issue with my iPeng App (e.g. needs a fresh reinstall)?
    Exactly this.

Most of the menu in iPeng is server-provided.
    Think of iPeng's main menu a bit like a web site in a browser.

On a Squeezebox (like Touch or Radio), the whole menu gets retrieved from the server, in iPeng it's still everything except for the main library menus (Albums, Artists, Playlists, Genres, My Apps, Radios, Help and Extras). All other menus can theoretically change all the time.

iPeng remembers the menus as long as it's running, but if it gets killed in the background (this is done by iOS when it needs the memory for other activities or apps) it restarts and re-loads the menu.
    iPeng remembers the whole order of items you have set, but it will always just show the menu items it knows about. This is important if you e.g. switch between MySqueezebox.com and LMS which have pretty different top level menus.

So if you added other items to the tab bar, these can only show up after they are loaded from the server.

How long this takes depends a lot on your server's wakeup behavior. The server needs to wake up, iPeng needs to connect and then the server has to send the whole menu structure. Depending on how long it takes to power up the server this can take a while and if the server doesn't respond within 30s iPeng also throttles the retry interval to not drain your iPhone battery too much whenever the server can't be found at all.

I'm thinking about a different caching behavior for the iPeng redesign but until then keeping the server running is the only way to shorten this.
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Most of the menu in iPeng is server-provided.
    Think of iPeng's main menu a bit like a web site in a browser.....
    Thanks again for the prompt response Pippin. All good - and as I suspected, so no worries - just wanted to verify its expected behaviour in my environment - I can live with it, as once the NAS wakes up its not an issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Mycenius View Post
    Thanks again for the prompt response Pippin. All good - and as I suspected, so no worries - just wanted to verify its expected behaviour in my environment - I can live with it, as once the NAS wakes up its not an issue...
    There is a nice iOS app called Mocha WOL which you could run a few seconds before opening iPeng - also useful for switching on PCs when not in the same room.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    There is a nice iOS app called Mocha WOL which you could run a few seconds before opening iPeng - also useful for switching on PCs when not in the same room.
    Thanks @d6jg - definitely look into that (could be quite useful to have in general).

Alarm Clock screen not being updated when switching players

I was just checking all alarms on my players with iPeng, when I noticed that switching players in Settings / Player Settings / Alarm Clock won't refresh the screen.

Example:

iPeng shows the Alarm Clock settings for player 1. Now I switch to player 2. iPeng will still show the settings for player 1 instead of updating the screen and show the alarms for player 2.
    QLMS 8.0.0@2.10.05 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.28 dedicated to me. :D / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    I was just checking all alarms on my players with iPeng, when I noticed that switching players in Settings / Player Settings / Alarm Clock won't refresh the screen.
    Never use player settings from the main menu. You need to always use player setting from the player list.
    The player settings on the main menu don't work if you have synced players, then they always refer to the group master (like all menu items on the main menu).
    They also lack functionality.

I was already looking into completely hiding that menu on the main menu tree but didn't because it's still useful for those 50% of the users having only a single player.
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Never use player settings from the main menu. You need to always use player setting from the player list.
    The player settings on the main menu don't work if you have synced players, then they always refer to the group master (like all menu items on the main menu).
    They also lack functionality.

I was already looking into completely hiding that menu on the main menu tree but didn't because it's still useful for those 50% of the users having only a single player.
    What about hiding that menu if there's more than one player? Best of both worlds. (I now hid the settings in iPeng to make sure I don't use them.)
    Last edited by dolodobendan; 2020-01-18 at 10:13.
    QLMS 8.0.0@2.10.05 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.28 dedicated to me. :D / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4