Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 788 of 788 FirstFirst ... 288688738778786787788
Results 7,871 to 7,878 of 7878
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I have the ipa files for versions 1.5.3, 1.6.1, 2.0.15, 2.0.16, 2.0.17 of iPeng on my mac. I'm running ios 6.1.6 on an old 3gs so I use 2.0.17.

Could you use one of these to install iPeng on your ipod touch through itunes? You'll need itunes 12.6.5 or older as Apple removed app download and install support after that.

I'm not sure if Apple signs the ipa file to a specific apple id or not, perhaps Pippin knows, but if you have no luck with Apple, I can provide one for you to try.
    That would be helpful. I am not sure exactly sure which version would work, most likely 1.6.1.

If iTunes does not work, I can try installing the ipa via Xcode from my Mac. Not sure if the signature on the file will mess things up or not.

Quote Originally Posted by str-1 View Post
    Thanks. I contacted Innuos, and they went into Terminal to change a ‘permissions’ setting. I’ve had no problems since then.
    Good to hear you got it fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by wtnh View Post
    Here is Apple's response:

So not particularly helpful. It is funny that they want me to contact the developer to ask why it is no longer available since that was due to their decision, not pippin's.
    Sigh... yes, that's what they always do.
    Even though technically the comment is not correct. The App is actually still in the App Store, it's just removed from sale by Apple because it's not compatible with current devices.
    I've had a ton of discussions with Apple people on this and in the end it doesn't help. They are having a lot of bogus arguments but I think they want people to abandon old OS versions and devices to reduce their support load.
    The official argument is that it clutters App Store listings which is simply not true because
    a) App Store listings are filtered for incompatible versions so on a new device you'd never see old Apps and
    b) technically they are still in their library so they don't save anything on the backend side of things either.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

That would be helpful. I am not sure exactly sure which version would work, most likely 1.6.1.

If iTunes does not work, I can try installing the ipa via Xcode from my Mac. Not sure if the signature on the file will mess things up or not.
    I still don't think this is going to work without a jailbreak. But you can try.

1.6.1 is the last original release that supports iOS 4 but most later versions also bundle that very version in the same IPA (you could build fat binaries that contain completely different versions of apps to one binary).
    The very first 2.0-versions are an exception (because I didn't know this then) and last one (2.0.17) is the other exception because at that time Apple had removed the capability to test these builds and I didn't want to take a risk with what was the last possible build of iPeng Classic on the App Store (long before removing the App itself Apple removed the possibility to update iOS-6-and-before-only Apps).

So my recommendation would be 2.0.16 or 1.6.1, most builds in between are similar.
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    So my recommendation would be 2.0.16 or 1.6.1, most builds in between are similar.
    I've sent you a PM with a link where you can download both versions.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I've sent you a PM with a link where you can download both versions.
    Thanks ralphy. Intitial attempt did not work. I tried using installonair.com. The app looked like it installed, and the iPeng icon appeared, but when I try to open it, it just dies (actually it looks like it opens and then immediately closes). I have not tried other methods yet, but I suspect pippin is correct, that I will need to jailbreak the iPod to get it working.

Unfortunately, the next couple of days are travel for me so I won't have a chance to play with it further, but when I do, I'll post here and maybe others in a similar situation can benefit.
    Last edited by wtnh; Today at 10:42.

I have a second and invalid LMS server showing up in iPeng under 'Other Music Sources' on an IP subnet that I used to use years ago and with a MAC address of 'unknown'. How can I delete that source?

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    I have a second and invalid LMS server showing up in iPeng under 'Other Music Sources' on an IP subnet that I used to use years ago and with a MAC address of 'unknown'. How can I delete that source?
    You will either have added it manually in iPeng settings - then you need to delete it there, or you have enabled WOL, then you need to disable WOL in the settings for that server.
    If there is no MAC it’s probably the manually configured server
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    You will either have added it manually in iPeng settings - then you need to delete it there, or you have enabled WOL, then you need to disable WOL in the settings for that server.
    If there is no MAC it’s probably the manually configured server
    Thanks. Disabling WOL made it disappear. A 4 year old ghost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk