Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 821 of 824 FirstFirst ... 321721771811819820821822823 ... LastLast
Results 8,201 to 8,210 of 8235
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey11 View Post
    I know ipeng includes an equalizer for the local player, but would it not be great if it included a parametric equalizer? Or would that not add much to the available equalizer and its sound quality?
    My iPhone shows the equalizer parametrically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Huey11 View Post
    I know ipeng includes an equalizer for the local player, but would it not be great if it included a parametric equalizer? Or would that not add much to the available equalizer and its sound quality?
    Quote Originally Posted by earthbased View Post
    My iPhone shows the equalizer parametrically.

Name:  0B22209D-F9D8-43E1-933E-C851B6971D01.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  107.4 KB
    Interesting. This is what the equalizer looks like on my iPhone. Not parametric as far as I know it. Do you have a different one?

How do you define parametric? I thought it is defined by adjustable frequency bands like you have shown.

This page seems to have a good overview of the differences
    https://audiouniversityonline.com/pa...vs-graphic-eq/
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Syncing iPeng Players and PiCorePlayer

I'm posting this here first, as I know @pippin has experience with RPi players/servers.

Iíve been trying PiCorePlayer LMS on an RPi4 to stream to iPeng Players (on a couple of retired iPhones and an old iPad Mini). These synced fairly well together in various combinations.

Iíve just added a PiCorePlayer / HiFiBerry DAC2 Pro player, which is working OK by itself; but Iím having trouble syncing it with one or several iPeng Players. Thereís sometimes sudden loud distortion, sometimes stuttering, and sometimes the stream just stops completely.

I know that synchronising is computationally demanding. Am I hoping for too much in trying to sync completely different players like iPengs and PiCP? Or is it worth spending more time trouble-shooting? (And if it is, does anyone have any suggestions about the best place to start?)

TIA

I have no issues syncing my iPeng player with other players at home running LMS on rpi4 with PiCorePlayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    I'm posting this here first, as I know @pippin has experience with RPi players/servers.

Iíve been trying PiCorePlayer LMS on an RPi4 to stream to iPeng Players (on a couple of retired iPhones and an old iPad Mini). These synced fairly well together in various combinations.

Iíve just added a PiCorePlayer / HiFiBerry DAC2 Pro player, which is working OK by itself; but Iím having trouble syncing it with one or several iPeng Players. Thereís sometimes sudden loud distortion, sometimes stuttering, and sometimes the stream just stops completely.

I know that synchronising is computationally demanding. Am I hoping for too much in trying to sync completely different players like iPengs and PiCP? Or is it worth spending more time trouble-shooting? (And if it is, does anyone have any suggestions about the best place to start?)

TIA
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I have no issues syncing my iPeng player with other players at home running LMS on rpi4 with PiCorePlayer.
    Thanks for the quick reply. Just so I'm sure I've understood: you run LMS on PiCorePlayer, and you stream to (among others) a PiCorePlayer SqueezeLite and an iPeng Player, which sync with each other OK?

If that's right, then my problem must lie elsewhere.

Thanks again for your help.

Thanks for the quick reply. Just so I'm sure I've understood: you run LMS on PiCorePlayer, and you stream to (among others) a PiCorePlayer SqueezeLite and an iPeng Player, which sync with each other OK?

If that's right, then my problem must lie elsewhere.

Thanks again for your help.
    yes run LMS on PiCorePlayer. But donít stream to any squeezelite players synced to other players. Just iPeng players synced to transporter, radio, and touch.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    yes run LMS on PiCorePlayer. But don’t stream to any squeezelite players synced to other players. Just iPeng players synced to transporter, radio, and touch.
    Ah, thanks very much for that. My problem seems to be specifically with syncing iPeng and PiCorePlayer Squeezelite. Like you, I have no trouble syncing iPeng players. (Sadly, all my SB players have died and gone to SlimDevices Heaven!)

Anyone else syncing pCP players with iPengs? Any known issues?

Ah, thanks very much for that. My problem seems to be specifically with syncing iPeng and PiCorePlayer Squeezelite. Like you, I have no trouble syncing iPeng players. (Sadly, all my SB players have died and gone to SlimDevices Heaven!)

Anyone else syncing pCP players with iPengs? Any known issues?
    I can try to test this in a day or two.