Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 51 of 800 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151551 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirrunna View Post
    Pippin please explain further "bring up track info directly".
    Same behavior as now (1.1) when you are for example in "play" mode:
    If you do a "hold" gesture on a track, the "TrackInfo" menu will open. This is already a context menu, including "play track" and "add track" options, so no need to add another level.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Err. That's pretty much what I thought of. I believe the only difference is that I wanted to bring up TrackInfo directly for a track, which I find OK since it includes items for "Play" and "Add".

The one advantage I see with this is that it will fit the upcoming iPhone 3.0 paradigm to bring up a context menu on touch-and-hold.

The question is: what do others think about this (see above)?
    I like it!

Hi !

Perhaps you already had this request, but I wonder if it is possible with iPeng to stream music directly to the iPod Touch, like the SB Controller does.

It will allow to control SB receivers with iPeng, but also to listen a different music directly on the iPod Touch or synchronise the music between SB receivers and iPod.

Anoter challenge is to have the possibility to continue to listen the streamed music on the iPod while controlling the other SB receivers...

This will avoid to buy another app (PlugPlayer for example) in order to stream music on the iPod, and to keep a unique app / interface for all things dealing with streaming an managing music from the iPod. It would be great !

Please tell me if it is planned (or perhaps it is already possible ?)

I have no iPod Touch for the moment, but I plan to buy one just for iPeng use, in order to use it as the controller for my Squeezebox Classic !

See you !
    Last edited by antoinath; 2009-04-22 at 08:18.

Quote Originally Posted by antoinath View Post
    Perhaps you already had this request, but I wonder if it is possible with iPeng to stream music directly to the iPod Touch, like the SB Controller does.
    Actually, there's no request I receive more often :-)
    https://trac.penguinlovesmusic.de/trac/ipengnat/roadmap
    or synchronise the music between SB receivers and iPod.
    Let's see, but this will be a bit of a challenge. My current experience is that the delay in the downstream audio chain in iPhone/iTouch is not predictable which would kill that.
    But again: we'll see...
    Anoter challenge is to have the possibility to continue to listen the streamed music on the iPod while controlling the other SB receivers...
    No. Until you keep iPeng running, this will work. Except you'll lose the unofficial feature under that circumstance.
    Please tell me if it is planned (or perhaps it is already possible ?)
    Only through the web interface of the free plugin version of iPeng:
    http://penguinlovesmusic.de/2008/07/
    http://penguinlovesmusic.de/ipeng-th...squeezecenter/
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

OK, thank you for the quick answer !

However I'm not sure to understand your last sentence :
    Only through the web interface of the free plugin version of iPeng
    This means that this functionnality of streaming music will be possible with the free web interface, but not with the native application of the AppStore ?!?

One last question about this AppStore application. When there are some updates on the application, the update is free or have we to pay again for it ?

As I haven't an iPod yet, I don't know how the applications updates works...

Thanks again for feedback !

Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by antoinath View Post
    This means that this functionnality of streaming music will be possible with the free web interface, but not with the native application of the AppStore ?!?
    Yes.
    But be aware that that'S a kludge. It's actually not streaming but only playback of files from your library, so it only works with mp3 and aac files.
    Plus you have to disable the screen saver.
    But at least it's something, I do still use it from time to time.
    One last question about this AppStore application. When there are some updates on the application, the update is free or have we to pay again for it ?
    Currently, all updates on AppStore are free.
    I will not promise that it's going to stay that way to eternity :-)
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

iPhone Playlist does not refresh and synchronize option

Installed the iPhone app today and this is my deliverance. I messed with the web interface too long. doh!

The only issue I am having that songs placed into the playlist do not always display. They are in the queue and if I exit the app and come back in they will be there or if I skip to them they will play even though they do not show on the playlist. This is on an iPhone 3G, SC 7.3.2 running from an ReadNAS NV+ (bout 15k songs).

Also I have three systems in my house so any thought to add access to the synchronize feature or am I missing how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    The only issue I am having that songs placed into the playlist do not always display. They are in the queue and if I exit the app and come back in they will be there or if I skip to them they will play even though they do not show on the playlist. This is on an iPhone 3G, SC 7.3.2 running from an ReadNAS NV+ (bout 15k songs).
    I have seen that with shuffle mode and playlists made from remote tracks. Do you also see it with local tracks?
    I'll investigate but will not promise to fully fix it before 1.2, it seems to be a bit difficult.
    Also I have three systems in my house so any thought to add access to the synchronize feature or am I missing how to do it.
    You are missing how to do it:
    http://penguinlovesmusic.de/ipeng-ap...on/nowplaying/

One more thing that will get a big re-work in 1.2 but it does work fine now, too.
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    I have seen that with shuffle mode and playlists made from remote tracks. Do you also see it with local tracks?
    I'll investigate but will not promise to fully fix it before 1.2, it seems to be a bit difficult.

Please define local vs. remote for this newb. All these are being selected from a ReadyNAS server?

You are missing how to do it:
    http://penguinlovesmusic.de/ipeng-ap...on/nowplaying/

One more thing that will get a big re-work in 1.2 but it does work fine now, too.
    Ah!!! Thank you.

So, "It looks like it pays off, that Apple does not provide for ôrealö streaming, but only for file playback - the tracks get transferred to the Phone or Touch in a few seconds and then thereĺs no more communication needed."

This is actually an advantage for some of us. It implies that a consistent wi-fi connection is not needed, especially if one is listening to a long item (for me, usually not a song track, but a full radio program that I have downloaded).

I was trying to play a track via Airfoil and Airfoil Speakers for iPhone. It was unlistenable on a variable wi-fi connection, as it kept dropping out.