Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 822 of 824 FirstFirst ... 322722772812820821822823824 LastLast
Results 8,211 to 8,220 of 8235
    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I can try to test this in a day or two.
    Cheers. That'd be very helpful. Tomorrow, I'm going to test whether the problem is connected with streaming from Spotify, from my local music folder or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    I’ve just added a PiCorePlayer / HiFiBerry DAC2 Pro player, which is working OK by itself; but I’m having trouble syncing it with one or several iPeng Players. There’s sometimes sudden loud distortion, sometimes stuttering, and sometimes the stream just stops completely.

I know that synchronising is computationally demanding. Am I hoping for too much in trying to sync completely different players like iPengs and PiCP? Or is it worth spending more time trouble-shooting? (And if it is, does anyone have any suggestions about the best place to start?)
    What type os Raspberry Pi is this (what generation) and what file format are you playing?

Generally, sync between different player types works but it's a question of timing.
    Not so much computing power but the exactness of the timing on the player. Raspberry Pis often get worse behavior here if the server is run on the player (that is probably a load issue then, indeed) so I'd recommend against that but a Pi4 should really be up to it.

Where you need computing power is on the server side. Older RPis had very bad timing behavior, that can cause some trouble but newer ones usually work OK.

What can make things more difficult is also if the different players support different file formats, if one of them doesn't support something then the server needs to start transcoding.
    iPeng's limits are that it doesn't support sample rates beyond 96kHz, currently no OGG/Vorbis (because that causes issues with Spotify) and iPeng uses a bigger buffer than other players which can under certain circumstances confuse the server. For the latter, iPeng has a configuration setting in the playback settings.
    One other thing that often causes trouble is if you stream raw WAV/PCM for lossless formats instead of FLAC (which is the default in LMS). iPeng throws that data directly at iOS but iOS sometimes guesses the sample rate wrong and that can cause all kind of weird effects. If you set your server to transcode to WAV or PCM I'd recommend against that.

That's pretty much all I can think of right now in terms of problems.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Huey11 View Post
    I know ipeng includes an equalizer for the local player, but would it not be great if it included a parametric equalizer? Or would that not add much to the available equalizer and its sound quality?
    This is difficult because iPeng would have had to manually implement all the equalization and that would then also probably have to run on one of the co-processing units.
    That said... just because it's difficult doesn't mean it's impossible and Apple added new filter capabilities (although currently they conflict with the timing requirements iPeng has to guarantee sync), so that might come one day. It's certainly not something that will come in the short term, though, I'm afraid.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    What type os Raspberry Pi is this (what generation) and what file format are you playing?...Raspberry Pis often get worse behavior here if the server is run on the player (that is probably a load issue then, indeed) so I'd recommend against that but a Pi4 should really be up to it.
    Both the server and the player are running on the latest Pi4b. And they are running on separate devices.

What can make things more difficult is also if the different players support different file formats, if one of them doesn't support something then the server needs to start transcoding.
    iPeng's limits are that it doesn't support sample rates beyond 96kHz, currently no OGG/Vorbis (because that causes issues with Spotify) and iPeng uses a bigger buffer than other players which can under certain circumstances confuse the server. For the latter, iPeng has a configuration setting in the playback settings.
    I've only been streaming Spotify lately, and I've had Spotty set to 320kbps. Might that cause problems for syncing?

Anyway, I've changed Spotty to 'Normal'=96kbps, and I'll see how that works this morning. (I'll wait till everyone's awake here before blasting out music from all the players at once!) Fingers crossed.

Thanks, as always, for all the work you do, and for generously giving your time to provide endless detailed support.

...Anyway, I've changed Spotty to 'Normal'=96kbps, and I'll see how that works this morning...
    Lowering the Spotty bit rate seems to have done the trick. The three players (2xiPhone 6+ with iPeng and a PiCP) have streamed in sync for about five hours. The sync has just now broken down, but was immediately restored and continued when I restarted iPeng on the iPhones. I reckon this is good enough for my purposes, and certainly good enough for me not to want to spend any more time on it.
    Many thanks!

Lowering the Spotty bit rate seems to have done the trick. The three players (2xiPhone 6+ with iPeng and a PiCP) have streamed in sync for about five hours. The sync has just now broken down, but was immediately restored and continued when I restarted iPeng on the iPhones. I reckon this is good enough for my purposes, and certainly good enough for me not to want to spend any more time on it.
    Many thanks!
    good to hear
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    This is difficult because iPeng would have had to manually implement all the equalization and that would then also probably have to run on one of the co-processing units.
    That said... just because it's difficult doesn't mean it's impossible and Apple added new filter capabilities (although currently they conflict with the timing requirements iPeng has to guarantee sync), so that might come one day. It's certainly not something that will come in the short term, though, I'm afraid.
    Ok, I can understand. I will keep an eye out for it. Hope you can keep iPeng up and running: still an excellent frontend and player companion for my lms setup.
    Regards

Connect timed out - iPeng

Have been using iPeng, RaspberryPI/piCorePlayer, BBC Sounds plugin with a SQB radio for months now with no problem - until today........
    I am getting a 'Connect timed out' each time I go for 'Stations & Schedules'. Does anyone have a solution please?
    It may be helpful to add that the old iPlayer - Listen Live (Non UK) still works perfectly.
    Last edited by fmanchu; 2021-06-17 at 08:05.

Unlikely to be an iPeng issue but you can check by using the regular LMS web interface.
    If it fails there then enable logging on plugin.bbcsounds and post the output in BBC sounds thread.

If it only fails when being initiated from iPeng then will need some iPeng diagnostics but I don't remember how to generate them.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Unlikely to be an iPeng issue but you can check by using the regular LMS web interface.
    If it fails there then enable logging on plugin.bbcsounds and post the output in BBC sounds thread.

If it only fails when being initiated from iPeng then will need some iPeng diagnostics but I don't remember how to generate them.
    Thank you for your suggestions, Paul but, having checked the regular LMS web interface, I find the problem remains. So unlikely to be an iPeng issue - as you write.
    However, I notice that at the top of the 'plugins' tab in the web interface, the following error:
    "Bad repository https://github.com/LMS-Community/lms...extensions.xml - Connect timed out:"
    Unfortunately totally incomprehensible to me so any clarification would be most welcome as this seems the likely cause of my problem.