Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 819 of 823 FirstFirst ... 319719769809817818819820821 ... LastLast
Results 8,181 to 8,190 of 8227
    Quote Originally Posted by jotap_66 View Post
    Are you sure of this? I think (but I am no sure) an airplay LMS plug-in is necessary?

The plug-in is called Airplay Bridge

I have an AppleTv3 and I have not installed the plug-in. I donít see the Apple Tv3

JP
    The original question was, I think, about the ability for iPeng to be a player itself. This is an extra charge in iPeng to enable ... which appears to have been done because it is playing.

To norderney - which version of iOS are you running? I do not know if it makes a difference to the experience but it might.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

iPeng jumps to last item in playlist when I start a player that's in a synced group

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere. (If this has already been discussed, I'd be grateful for a link to the posts, as I haven't been able to find relevant material on the forum despite a lot of searching.)

The issue:
    When I have some players from a synced group playing a playlist, and I start another player from the same group, the stream stops and jumps to the last item in the playlist. I'm pretty sure that previously the default behaviour on my system was for the stream to continue uninterrupted on the newly-started player and on the others in the synced group.

Am I wrong in expecting all the players to continue playing the uninterrupted steam? If that's what is supposed to happen, have I got something configured incorrectly that's making iPeng (or LMS?) jump to the last item in the list and stop?

TIA for any advice.

My set up:
    LMS Version: 8.1.1 - 1610364019
    Operating system: piCore - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: armv7l-linux
    Perl Version: 5.32.0 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)
    Players: iPeng running on a couple of iPhones (6+) and iPads; SqueezePlay on Apple iMac

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    The original question was, I think, about the ability for iPeng to be a player itself. This is an extra charge in iPeng to enable ... which appears to have been done because it is playing.

To norderney - which version of iOS are you running? I do not know if it makes a difference to the experience but it might.
    Iíve got iPeng streaming from my iPhone into my AppleTV box, then from there into my Cyrus amp. I found the drop down next to iPhone within iPeng that allowed me to find the Apple TV box so Iím now streaming from iPeng on iPhone into amp successfully without having to install any plug ins.
    Main Source: Transporter
    Amp: Cyrus 8XPd QX
    Speakers: PMC twenty:23

CD/HDD Recorder: Alesis Masterlink ML-9600

http://www.last.fm/user/norderney1962

The plugins are for a different function ... to allow LMS to stream to an AirPlay device without have to go through your phone.

If you start the stream the way you have done it and then turn off your phone (or the battery runs down because of the heavy Wi-fi usage) then I expect you will find that the stream will stop because I think that unlike some Chromecast usage the phone remains in the middle.

If you use the AirPlay Bridge plugin then, assuming it works with the target device, you can choose to play to it like any LMS player ... totally independently of your phone.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    The plugins are for a different function ... to allow LMS to stream to an AirPlay device without have to go through your phone.

If you start the stream the way you have done it and then turn off your phone (or the battery runs down because of the heavy Wi-fi usage) then I expect you will find that the stream will stop because I think that unlike some Chromecast usage the phone remains in the middle.

If you use the AirPlay Bridge plugin then, assuming it works with the target device, you can choose to play to it like any LMS player ... totally independently of your phone.
    I agree. I use iPengís player capability a lot but with an Audioquest Dragonfly and headphones. Sending audio from iPeng to an AirPlay device uses the battery a lot and as you say introduces an extra hop.
    The AirPlay bridge approach is better if you have a suitable device. It will also allow crossfade which iPeng doesnít support.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

Quote Originally Posted by norderney View Post
    Iíve got iPeng streaming from my iPhone into my AppleTV box, then from there into my Cyrus amp. I found the drop down next to iPhone within iPeng that allowed me to find the Apple TV box so Iím now streaming from iPeng on iPhone into amp successfully without having to install any plug ins.
    Ok.

And another question. Must rhe AppleTv be on? Or it could be used with iPeng to switch on?

Regards

JP

Ipeng Playback not showing local device

I bought the add-on for Ipeng on my ipad for playback on it. I saw the ipda under devices for the first few times of use buy now it has disappeared. Has anyone had this issue and knows how to resotre? Thanks

IPeng and Spotify (spotty)

Hi:

I am using the new LMS 8.1.1 “dockerized” in my Synology 918+. I am very glad with it. I like all the new streaming features including the Spotify (spotty plug-in)

but I have a problem that only it happens in iPeng (web clients and Squeezeplay work correctly)

When choosing the Artists menu, there is an option for each artist to access the Spotify albums). This option does not appear in iPeng? Am I doing something wrong?

What is happening?

Regards

JP

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I have the ipa files for versions 1.5.3, 1.6.1, 2.0.15, 2.0.16, 2.0.17 of iPeng on my mac. I'm running ios 6.1.6 on an old 3gs so I use 2.0.17.
    I have the first three generations of the iPod Touch laying around that I'd really like to use as squeezebox remotes.

I'd be very grateful if you could send me a link to an early version of iPeng if you still have it.

Quote Originally Posted by jotap_66 View Post
    When choosing the Artists menu, there is an option for each artist to access the Spotify albums). This option does not appear in iPeng? Am I doing something wrong?
    Yes, I really need to get this out. It's a feature that needs to be added specifically and Apple laid a lot of new road blocks in your way for updates so I deferred this for a while (plus I had really little time last year for it because I focused a lot on an iPeng rewrite).

Will see what I can do...
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch