Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 802 of 807 FirstFirst ... 302702752792800801802803804 ... LastLast
Results 8,011 to 8,020 of 8067
    Quote Originally Posted by axelwin View Post
    Nevertheless I have an "order" issue in Ipeng since all my albums / jackets are ordered by "Album name" instead of Artist Name...
    iPeng can't easily change the order because of it's caching strategy. However, it can permanently cache BOTH versions.
    The "Albums by Album name" menu is under "Albums" and the "Album by Artist name" can be found under "Artists->All Albums". Both are equally fast and fully cached.

Additionnaly is there an option to get "Album order" ordered by "last added" (as displayed in Qobuz\Albums, very usefull to not lose recently added albums) ?
    That's the "New Music" menu, in both iPeng and also in the LMS web interface.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

For Lyrics, you recommend the “SongInfo” and “SongLyrics” plugins, but the Music and Artist Information plug-in also displays lyrics in iPeng
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    For Lyrics, you recommend the “SongInfo” and “SongLyrics” plugins, but the Music and Artist Information plug-in also displays lyrics in iPeng
    I think they were recommended 8 years ago. A lot has changed since then

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I think they were recommended 8 years ago. A lot has changed since then

I know…. Since when "No Lyrics" are shown, iPeng says to "click here to find out how", it should be updated to reflect the MAI plugin.
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

iPad air 2 ipeng question

I have just added a new Marantz CD player to my stereo system. I found this has a good integration with iPhone, which plays music either on the phone or streaming like Amazon music when iPhone is wired via USB to the marantz.

I wonder if ipeng can play from my iPad air 2 without a hardware squeezebox in the chain?

That would access lms so I can stream to the CD player.
    SB3, UE Radio, CA DacMagic, Talk Electronic stereo. LMS 7.9.1 BBCiPlayer, Shairtunes2 plugins

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia P View Post
    I have just added a new Marantz CD player to my stereo system. I found this has a good integration with iPhone, which plays music either on the phone or streaming like Amazon music when iPhone is wired via USB to the marantz.

I wonder if ipeng can play from my iPad air 2 without a hardware squeezebox in the chain?

That would access lms so I can stream to the CD player.
    If you buy the iPeng local player (in-app purchase) then your iPad becomes a Squeezebox. I assume that if you then plug in via USB to your new Marantz device then the sound would come out there ... however, try it by using something other than the Marantz software to check
    e.g. BBC Sounds app

If your new device has some networking capability (Wi-fi or Ethernet) then there are many more possibilities.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    If you buy the iPeng local player (in-app purchase) then your iPad becomes a Squeezebox. I assume that if you then plug in via USB to your new Marantz device then the sound would come out there ... however, try it by using something other than the Marantz software to check
    e.g. BBC Sounds app

If your new device has some networking capability (Wi-fi or Ethernet) then there are many more possibilities.
    It sounds like it must be this one.
    https://www.marantz.com/en-gb/shop/n...oplayer/nd8006

Edit. Maybe not they do another one with USB input.

Last edited by slartibartfast; 2020-09-18 at 01:01.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    It sounds like it must be this one.
    https://www.marantz.com/en-gb/shop/n...oplayer/nd8006

Edit. Maybe not they do another one with USB input.

It's marantz CD 6006. The USB functions as iPod and also plays files on a usb drive.
    SB3, UE Radio, CA DacMagic, Talk Electronic stereo. LMS 7.9.1 BBCiPlayer, Shairtunes2 plugins

It's marantz CD 6006. The USB functions as iPod and also plays files on a usb drive.
    Yes I realised that after I posted

Unfortunately that won't work with iPeng as a source to the USB.

EDIT. I stand corrected. It MAY work if the USB port is certified "Made for iPhone/iPod". Plug the iPhone into it using a proper Apple cable (this is crucial - the cable contains a chip). Play something that isn't stored on the iPhone e.g. BBC Sounds as suggested. If that outputs via the CD player then iPeng (with Player purchase) should work.
    Last edited by d6jg; 2020-09-18 at 03:12.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng