Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Squeezebox Display Blank When Powered Off - Caused by SqueezeCenter 7.1 Upgrade?

My Squeezebox display is now blank when powered off. This new behavior started immediately after I upgraded to SqueezeCenter 7.1 so that appears to be the trigger. I have downloaded the new microcode (several times) and also tried setting different "off" screensavers: SuperDateTime (the initial setting), Date and Time, Now Playing ... but the display is dark when I turn off the Squeezebox. (And yes, I have checked the brightness level!)

I have a second Squeezebox which is behaving properly ... so I am stumped.
    (Both Squeezeboxes are "Slim Devices" era devices, purchased in 12/2006 and 04/2007, respectively.)

Mine did the same, but changing the screensaver when off to date and time using the remote cured it. Previously I had the weather plugin as a screensaver when off.
    sb1, apple mac

Using a text editor, change the value for <maxVersion> in install.xml, which is in your SuperDateTime folder, to 7.1+. Then restart SC.

Reset Player Preferences - Problem Solved!

Thanks for your replies. I already had already tried manually changing the screensaver options ... and had ensured that SuperDateTime was working (on my 2nd player and on Softsqueeze). What finally solved my problem was resetting the player #1 preferences back to factory default (using the Player / Basic Settings option) and then re-customising. All looks good now.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottoG51 View Post
    Thanks for your replies. I already had already tried manually changing the screensaver options ... and had ensured that SuperDateTime was working (on my 2nd player and on Softsqueeze). What finally solved my problem was resetting the player #1 preferences back to factory default (using the Player / Basic Settings option) and then re-customising. All looks good now.
    This happened to me this morning (blank when off) and, while I haven't had the chance to try the .xml fix, I think that's what's going to do it because when I go to my plugins settings, WeatherDateTime says it's not compatible. Interesting that it worked for you and that the reset did the trick!

Yes, you do need the .xml fix

I guess I didn't make it clear ... but I had already edited my SuperDateTime install file and adjusted the maxVersion setting. But the SB display was still blank when 'off' (regardless of what screensaver I tried ... until I performed the factory default reset. (So, yes, you do need the .xml fix, too, to get SuperDateTime working under SC 7.1.)