Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Correct Funkstar. And no it's not practical but I just thought I could make it truly portable. Normally my squeezebox is hooked up to my stereo-set

the sny VAIO is indeed running squeezecenter with my libary on the external drive. The powerstation is feeding the receiver that sends the signal to both of the Tivoli PAL's wich are actually portable radio's (+\- 10 hours of play time on the internal accu) with a aux-in.
    Last edited by bartverwaaijen; 2008-08-27 at 03:34.

I've just noticed you have two seperate Tivoli radios, one for each channel.

This has really made me smile

Smile

Actually I don't own both of them. The bleu one is my parentĺs kitchen radio and the yellow one is my own.

But it's a quite nice setup fore some background music at a garden party.

Cool

Ok I have to recall myself. This setup is very practical. And that sound!!! So sweet. Try to beat that BOOM

Quote Originally Posted by bartverwaaijen View Post
    hi, I'm new here.

This is my truly portable squeezbox based system. The only thing that is hooked up to the house is the router.

Greetz Bart
    Nice set up! Need to add a battery operated wifi router and cellular 'modem' to the setup. Like this. =)

The sound from the Boom will easily exceed your Tivoli setup. I have a Tivoli like yours and I have compared the two. Your setup will have much superior l/r separation...but that's it(ignoring battery power which I know is big issue for some folks). I used to use a setup similar to yours outside. In every other respect the Boom is comfortably better sounding!...and a lot cheaper too.
    You want to see the signal path BEFORE it gets onto a CD/vinyl...it ain't what you'd call minimal...
    Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
    Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
    Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.