Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Repairing Playlist Database

Hi

I have one phantom playlist that appears but since it has no name I cannot delete it in the web interface.

I imagine when i scan the playlists they go into a table somewhere since changing the playlists manually only results in a change when I rescan.

Can someone tell me where this table is and how i can edit it manually in order to delete the bad record.

My server is on a windows machine.

Thanks

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Tonitone View Post
    Hi

I have one phantom playlist that appears but since it has no name I cannot delete it in the web interface.

I imagine when i scan the playlists they go into a table somewhere since changing the playlists manually only results in a change when I rescan.

Can someone tell me where this table is and how i can edit it manually in order to delete the bad record.

My server is on a windows machine.

Thanks

Tony
    I'm no expert but I recommend not messing around with the database. Besides it being risky, you'll have to make the same correction, which will be boring and labor intensive, every time you do a rescan. I would recommend going into your playlist directory and deleting the playlist there or point Squeeze Center to an empty folder for playlists and do a rescan.

HTH,

SS

Repairing Playlist Database

On a rescan the empty playlist remains. That's why I am seeking information on directly editing the playlist database. I think this may be the only way to remove it.

t.