Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SqueezeCenter-7.1-21716 seems to have solved my problem
    Ole

Quote Originally Posted by PSSO View Post
    SqueezeCenter-7.1-21716 seems to have solved my problem
    Testing now..
    Cheers, auto.

Lounge: Squeezebox 3, Squeezebox Controller, Cambridge Audio 640A, Mission 701's Kitchen: Squeezebox Touch, Trends TA-10.1, Kef Cresta 1's. Bedroom: Squeezebox Boom Bathroom/Garden: Squeezebox Radio Car: iPod Classic 80GB Portable: iPhone 3GS 32Gb (+iPeng)

Doesn't work for me - I still see duplicate albums where there is a composer tag and also multiple entries for compilation albums - both where SC 7.1 is showing single albums.

I am also only seeing my albums up to "N" - is there a limit on the number of albums or is it looking at my total album count (728) and only showing that many entries even though my compilation albums are shown as multiple rows?

- Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by brookheather View Post
    Doesn't work for me - I still see duplicate albums where there is a composer tag and also multiple entries for compilation albums - both where SC 7.1 is showing single albums.
    Upgraded to 21716 and done a complete rescan - no change, still broken for me too.
    Cheers, auto.

Lounge: Squeezebox 3, Squeezebox Controller, Cambridge Audio 640A, Mission 701's Kitchen: Squeezebox Touch, Trends TA-10.1, Kef Cresta 1's. Bedroom: Squeezebox Boom Bathroom/Garden: Squeezebox Radio Car: iPod Classic 80GB Portable: iPhone 3GS 32Gb (+iPeng)

Just installed last nights and, after a rescan, its looking good
    Cheers, auto.

Unhappy Composer Tag creates extra entry in Album lists

I just loaded SC 7.2 as I had a problem with the composer tag in 7.1
    The error is still present.
    MP3 files with a composer Tag different from the Artist turn up in the artist view under the album sub view.
    E.g. Barry White - Just the way you are.mp3 has a Composer TAG "Billy Joel"
    and an Album TAG ""Ultimate Collection" This song will show under Barry White under the correct Album name. If I browse through Artists to "Billy Joel" all his Albums show + the ALbum ▄ltimate Collection Barry White" furthermore the last Item in the list of Billy Joel is "All Songs Barry White". This last behavior is only shown when the album (this case Ultimate...) is the last Album to show in the list with albums for that artist.

I have the Composer Flag NOT set in the Music Collection Settings.

I guess this bug (8426) is still not fixed although it says fixed.
    Last edited by JJD; 2008-09-23 at 09:55.

Quote Originally Posted by JJD View Post
    I just loaded SC 7.2 as I had a problem with the composer tag in 7.1
    The error is still present.
    MP3 files with a composer Tag different from the Artist turn up in the artist view under the album sub view.
    E.g. Barry White - Just the way you are.mp3 has a Composer TAG "Billy Joel"
    and an Album TAG ""Ultimate Collection" This song will show under Barry White under the correct Album name. If I browse through Artists to "Billy Joel" all his Albums show + the ALbum ▄ltimate Collection Barry White" furthermore the last Item in the list of Billy Joel is "All Songs Barry White". This last behavior is only shown when the album (this case Ultimate...) is the last Album to show in the list with albums for that artist.

I have the Composer Flag NOT set in the Music Collection Settings.

I guess this bug (8426) is still not fixed although it says fixed.
    I take it you have done a complete clear and rescan?
    Cheers, auto.