Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 184 of 184 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184
Results 1,831 to 1,836 of 1836
  1. #1831
    Senior Member SlimChances's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,687
    Sorry if this has been covered before. Is Custom Browse and a plugin possibly called Hide Menu no longer available. I reverted to LMS 7.9.3 to get Erland's plugins before updating again to LMS 8 and may have missed these plugins, but I can't find them on the web page for the plugins.

    Again Thanks Erland for all the work you have put into making the LMS ecosystem work better
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1590897265 @ Sun May 31 06:47:52 CEST 2020
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.26.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

    One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Touch connected by Optical to Sabaj A4
    amp and Energy bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

  2. #1832
    Senior Member erland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    11,060
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimChances View Post
    Sorry if this has been covered before. Is Custom Browse and a plugin possibly called Hide Menu no longer available. I reverted to LMS 7.9.3 to get Erland's plugins before updating again to LMS 8 and may have missed these plugins, but I can't find them on the web page for the plugins.
    My development setup is currently too old to run 8.0 so I havenít been able to verify my plugins with 8.0 yet and due to this they arenít available yet since I would like to see that they run myself before distributing them to others. It is possible to download them manually from http://downloads.isaksson.info and unzip them in Plugins directory of LMS but I have no idea if they work and wonít be able to help if they doesnít. I can only recommend people who know what they are doing to install them manually.

    I still hope to get 8.0 up and running in my own setup in the not too distant future but at the moment day work and family takes 99% of the time so I can give any promise if this will happen during next months or take significantly longer, it all depends how easy it is to get 8.0 running in my development setup. Due to this itís also unlikely that any of my plugins that require bigger changes will ever support 8.0, but as Iíve understood there arenít any bigger API changes in 8.0 so far, so hopefully this wonít be an issue.

    The best way for my plugins to survive future LMS releases would probably be if someone would be interested to take over maintenance and distribution of my plugins, or implement new plugins with similar functionality. If anyone is interested in this please let me know.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets

  3. #1833
    Senior Member SlimChances's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,687
    Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    My development setup is currently too old to run 8.0 so I havenít been able to verify my plugins with 8.0 yet and due to this they arenít available yet since I would like to see that they run myself before distributing them to others. It is possible to download them manually from http://downloads.isaksson.info and unzip them in Plugins directory of LMS but I have no idea if they work and wonít be able to help if they doesnít. I can only recommend people who know what they are doing to install them manually.

    I still hope to get 8.0 up and running in my own setup in the not too distant future but at the moment day work and family takes 99% of the time so I can give any promise if this will happen during next months or take significantly longer, it all depends how easy it is to get 8.0 running in my development setup. Due to this itís also unlikely that any of my plugins that require bigger changes will ever support 8.0, but as Iíve understood there arenít any bigger API changes in 8.0 so far, so hopefully this wonít be an issue.

    The best way for my plugins to survive future LMS releases would probably be if someone would be interested to take over maintenance and distribution of my plugins, or implement new plugins with similar functionality. If anyone is interested in this please let me know.
    Thanks Erland
    I realized I had copies of all your plugins in zip format and was able to place the 2 plugins in the Cache/Installed Plugins folder under var and then correct permissions. Both plugins work perfectly.
    I am sorry I can not help with development, I have no skills in that area. Hopefully someone will help out.
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1590897265 @ Sun May 31 06:47:52 CEST 2020
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.26.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

    One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Touch connected by Optical to Sabaj A4
    amp and Energy bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

  4. #1834
    Senior Member SlimChances's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,687
    Unfortunately on second reboot the inserted plugins no longer worked. Does anyone know how to manually add plugins so they survive reboots? Tired Downloaded Plugins folder no dice
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1590897265 @ Sun May 31 06:47:52 CEST 2020
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.26.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

    One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Touch connected by Optical to Sabaj A4
    amp and Energy bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

  5. #1835
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,364
    Every install is a little different, however look at the information tab of your LMS server settings.

    Look at the field noted on your server. You cannot used Cache/InstalledPlugins, but any other directories in the list should work. You will have to manually extract the zip file too.

    Name:  8-6-2020 12-21-35 PM.png
Views: 123
Size:  32.4 KB
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

  6. #1836
    Senior Member SlimChances's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,687
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Every install is a little different, however look at the information tab of your LMS server settings.

    Look at the field noted on your server. You cannot used Cache/InstalledPlugins, but any other directories in the list should work. You will have to manually extract the zip file too.

    Name:  8-6-2020 12-21-35 PM.png
Views: 123
Size:  32.4 KB
    Thank You!...That seems to work
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1590897265 @ Sun May 31 06:47:52 CEST 2020
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.26.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

    One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Touch connected by Optical to Sabaj A4
    amp and Energy bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •