Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 194 of 199 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 1988
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimChances View Post
    Here is an example. I have 2 libraries, Flac and MP3. Under Dynamic Library I have a favourite configured for "Random Albums for the Decade" that is delimited to the FLAC library. If I update LMS to a new version the library selection goes blank and I have to reset it back to FLAC. That is not a big deal but I have to do this about a dozen times to cover my Custom Browse and Dynamic Library settings. It has been this way since I installed Erland's plugins 7 years ago or so
    The values stored for flac and MP3 in the table for multi library should stay the same, as does the sql created.

Take a look at the sql created, before an update, and after. Has it changed? If not, I suspect that the menu will work as you wanted. You might want to check the date and time modified on the sql file.

What might be happening is that the menu item for creating new sql may go back to display a predefined default, so another possibility might be to tick the 'customzied' box at the bottom.
    LMS 8.1 on PC, Xubuntu 20.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touches & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 20.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android mobile with Squeeze-Ctrl/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    The intention is that the settings should survive LMS upgrade.
    If my memory is correct the library configuration is stored in the path you have specified in MultiLibrary plugin and the library settings in the playlist is stored in the path you have specified in SQL Playlist plugin. As long as both these places are stored on a persistent disc (not ram disc) it’s intended to work. It’s even intended to work in a complete new installation as long as the above configuration paths/files are restored. So there must be a bug somewhere causing this, unfortunately I don’t have the time to investigate it myself but maybe some other community member with debugging skills can look into it.
    Thanks Erland. The setting seems to survive some updates but not most. Not sure why this happens. Hopefully someone will take a look at updating the code
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 - 1614639334 @ Tue Mar 2 00:11:57 CET 2021
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.30.0 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    IO::Socket::SSL: 2.067
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Touch connected by Optical to Sabaj A4
    amp and Energy bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

Thanks Erland. The setting seems to survive some updates but not most. Not sure why this happens. Hopefully someone will take a look at updating the code
    Does the sql actually change in the menu item created? If not, then if you are able to inspect the multilibrary table, have the values for flac and mp3 changed?
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Wireless Xubuntu 20.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android mobile with Squeeze-Ctrl/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    Does the sql actually change in the menu item created? If not, then if you are able to inspect the multilibrary table, have the values for flac and mp3 changed?
    Yes, where the library was marked as FLAC or MP3 there a blank space and I have to reenter

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    The values stored for flac and MP3 in the table for multi library should stay the same, as does the sql created.

Take a look at the sql created, before an update, and after. Has it changed? If not, I suspect that the menu will work as you wanted. You might want to check the date and time modified on the sql file.

What might be happening is that the menu item for creating new sql may go back to display a predefined default, so another possibility might be to tick the 'customzied' box at the bottom.
    I will test out the customized setting before I update next

Two SB Radios wireless

Yes, where the library was marked as FLAC or MP3 there a blank space and I have to reenter
    I don't mean in the menu, I mean in the actual sql it creates· This will be in the file named neat the bottom of the menu item. If you allow it to be customized it will show the full sql statements used.

Kind of sounds like the library Id changes.
    If this is the case it should be possible to see by looking at contents of multilibrary_libraries table which contains all available libraries and their id. I know someone else also reported this, but I’m not sure why it happens for some people but not for others.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets
    Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )

Kind of sounds like the library Id changes.
    If this is the case it should be possible to see by looking at contents of multilibrary_libraries table which contains all available libraries and their id. I know someone else also reported this, but I’m not sure why it happens for some people but not for others.
    I have several multilibrary files but could not find multilibrary_libraries table. Where is that located? Looked where the multilibrary_standard are located and in the Cache file for LMS. I am using Linux Mint

EDIT: I use predefined SQL should I use Customized?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by SlimChances; 2021-02-28 at 13:52.

Two SB Radios wireless

I have several multilibrary files but could not find multilibrary_libraries table. Where is that located? Looked where the multilibrary_standard are located and in the Cache file for LMS. I am using Linux Mint
    It’s in the database you can install Database Query plugin and create a new query of those “Free form query” with the query statement:
    Code:
    select * from multilibrary_libraries
    Running the above query will list the libraries in the database together with their ids

EDIT: I use predefined SQL should I use Customized?
    Yes that’s a way to see the library identity, you can choose Customized, copy and post the raw SQL text that displays. If I remember correctly you should after copying the text be able to go back without saving to keep the playlist in its predefined form. This should give us the library id when the playlist works. You can then repeate the procedure after you have upgraded and re-selected the library to make it work again. I suspect the library id in the SQL text will then be a different number.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets
    Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )

It’s in the database you can install Database Query plugin and create a new query of those “Free form query” with the query statement:
    Code:
    select * from multilibrary_libraries
    Running the above query will list the libraries in the database together with their ids

Yes that’s a way to see the library identity, you can choose Customized, copy and post the raw SQL text that displays. If I remember correctly you should after copying the text be able to go back without saving to keep the playlist in its predefined form. This should give us the library id when the playlist works. You can then repeate the procedure after you have upgraded and re-selected the library to make it work again. I suspect the library id in the SQL text will then be a different number.
    This is a bit over my head Erland but I ran a Free Form Query and get this result, does that tell us anything?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Two SB Radios wireless