Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 184 of 196 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 1952
  1. #1831
    Senior Member SlimChances's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,754
    Sorry if this has been covered before. Is Custom Browse and a plugin possibly called Hide Menu no longer available. I reverted to LMS 7.9.3 to get Erland's plugins before updating again to LMS 8 and may have missed these plugins, but I can't find them on the web page for the plugins.

    Again Thanks Erland for all the work you have put into making the LMS ecosystem work better
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 - 1614639334 @ Tue Mar 2 00:11:57 CET 2021
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.30.0 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    IO::Socket::SSL: 2.067
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

    One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Touch connected by Optical to Sabaj A4
    amp and Energy bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

  2. #1832
    Senior Member erland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    11,260
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimChances View Post
    Sorry if this has been covered before. Is Custom Browse and a plugin possibly called Hide Menu no longer available. I reverted to LMS 7.9.3 to get Erland's plugins before updating again to LMS 8 and may have missed these plugins, but I can't find them on the web page for the plugins.
    My development setup is currently too old to run 8.0 so I havenít been able to verify my plugins with 8.0 yet and due to this they arenít available yet since I would like to see that they run myself before distributing them to others. It is possible to download them manually from http://downloads.isaksson.info and unzip them in Plugins directory of LMS but I have no idea if they work and wonít be able to help if they doesnít. I can only recommend people who know what they are doing to install them manually.

    I still hope to get 8.0 up and running in my own setup in the not too distant future but at the moment day work and family takes 99% of the time so I can give any promise if this will happen during next months or take significantly longer, it all depends how easy it is to get 8.0 running in my development setup. Due to this itís also unlikely that any of my plugins that require bigger changes will ever support 8.0, but as Iíve understood there arenít any bigger API changes in 8.0 so far, so hopefully this wonít be an issue.

    The best way for my plugins to survive future LMS releases would probably be if someone would be interested to take over maintenance and distribution of my plugins, or implement new plugins with similar functionality. If anyone is interested in this please let me know.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets
    Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )

  3. #1833
    Senior Member SlimChances's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,754
    Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    My development setup is currently too old to run 8.0 so I havenít been able to verify my plugins with 8.0 yet and due to this they arenít available yet since I would like to see that they run myself before distributing them to others. It is possible to download them manually from http://downloads.isaksson.info and unzip them in Plugins directory of LMS but I have no idea if they work and wonít be able to help if they doesnít. I can only recommend people who know what they are doing to install them manually.

    I still hope to get 8.0 up and running in my own setup in the not too distant future but at the moment day work and family takes 99% of the time so I can give any promise if this will happen during next months or take significantly longer, it all depends how easy it is to get 8.0 running in my development setup. Due to this itís also unlikely that any of my plugins that require bigger changes will ever support 8.0, but as Iíve understood there arenít any bigger API changes in 8.0 so far, so hopefully this wonít be an issue.

    The best way for my plugins to survive future LMS releases would probably be if someone would be interested to take over maintenance and distribution of my plugins, or implement new plugins with similar functionality. If anyone is interested in this please let me know.
    Thanks Erland
    I realized I had copies of all your plugins in zip format and was able to place the 2 plugins in the Cache/Installed Plugins folder under var and then correct permissions. Both plugins work perfectly.
    I am sorry I can not help with development, I have no skills in that area. Hopefully someone will help out.
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 - 1614639334 @ Tue Mar 2 00:11:57 CET 2021
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.30.0 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    IO::Socket::SSL: 2.067
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

    One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Touch connected by Optical to Sabaj A4
    amp and Energy bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

  4. #1834
    Senior Member SlimChances's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,754
    Unfortunately on second reboot the inserted plugins no longer worked. Does anyone know how to manually add plugins so they survive reboots? Tired Downloaded Plugins folder no dice
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 - 1614639334 @ Tue Mar 2 00:11:57 CET 2021
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.30.0 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    IO::Socket::SSL: 2.067
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

    One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Touch connected by Optical to Sabaj A4
    amp and Energy bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

  5. #1835
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,937
    Every install is a little different, however look at the information tab of your LMS server settings.

    Look at the field noted on your server. You cannot used Cache/InstalledPlugins, but any other directories in the list should work. You will have to manually extract the zip file too.

    Name:  8-6-2020 12-21-35 PM.png
Views: 495
Size:  32.4 KB
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

  6. #1836
    Senior Member SlimChances's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,754
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Every install is a little different, however look at the information tab of your LMS server settings.

    Look at the field noted on your server. You cannot used Cache/InstalledPlugins, but any other directories in the list should work. You will have to manually extract the zip file too.

    Name:  8-6-2020 12-21-35 PM.png
Views: 495
Size:  32.4 KB
    Thank You!...That seems to work
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 - 1614639334 @ Tue Mar 2 00:11:57 CET 2021
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.30.0 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    IO::Socket::SSL: 2.067
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

    One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Touch connected by Optical to Sabaj A4
    amp and Energy bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

  7. #1837
    Senior Member bernt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sweden, Kalmar
    Posts
    834

    Spotify Playlist

    Hi!

    Spotify playlist works under Playlists but not under Dynamic Playlists. I'm on LMS 8.0.

    Best Regards
    Bernt
    SB Touch optical to Hegel H90, Speakers Larsen 4.2
    Spare SB3
    AirPlay Bridge to Audio Pro A10
    Squeezelite-x connected to home LMS with ZeroTier One.
    SB Radio
    ReadyNAS 202
    iPeng

  8. #1838
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Posts
    3,230
    Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    My development setup is currently too old to run 8.0 so I havenít been able to verify my plugins with 8.0 yet and due to this they arenít available yet since I would like to see that they run myself before distributing them to others. It is possible to download them manually from http://downloads.isaksson.info and unzip them in Plugins directory of LMS but I have no idea if they work and wonít be able to help if they doesnít. I can only recommend people who know what they are doing to install them manually.

    I still hope to get 8.0 up and running in my own setup in the not too distant future but at the moment day work and family takes 99% of the time so I can give any promise if this will happen during next months or take significantly longer, it all depends how easy it is to get 8.0 running in my development setup. Due to this itís also unlikely that any of my plugins that require bigger changes will ever support 8.0, but as Iíve understood there arenít any bigger API changes in 8.0 so far, so hopefully this wonít be an issue.

    The best way for my plugins to survive future LMS releases would probably be if someone would be interested to take over maintenance and distribution of my plugins, or implement new plugins with similar functionality. If anyone is interested in this please let me know.
    I utterly depend on Custom Browse, Custom Scan, MultiLibrary, Dynamic Playlist, SQL Playlist and Hide Menus. I also use Database Query, Trackstat and Custom Clock Helper from time to time.

    Do I dare progress to LMS 8.0 or not? I really don't want to find things get messed up and have to go back to 7.9.4.

    I really appreciate all Erland has done over the years, but I don't have the necessary skills to help to support them in the future - I wish I did.
    LMS 8.1 on PC, Xubuntu 20.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touches & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 20.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android mobile with Squeeze-Ctrl/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

  9. #1839
    Senior Member erland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    11,260
    Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    I utterly depend on Custom Browse, Custom Scan, MultiLibrary, Dynamic Playlist, SQL Playlist and Hide Menus. I also use Database Query, Trackstat and Custom Clock Helper from time to time.

    Do I dare progress to LMS 8.0 or not? I really don't want to find things get messed up and have to go back to 7.9.4.

    I really appreciate all Erland has done over the years, but I don't have the necessary skills to help to support them in the future - I wish I did.
    As previously mentioned I havenít used LMS 8.0 myself and I wonít be able to help anyone personally until Iíve managed to get the time and install 8.0 myself. I canít give any indication when this will happen, but itís still on my todo list since Iím interested in the streaming services integration which is new in 8.0.

    From what Iíve heard some people have manually installed at least some of my plugins in 8.0 and said that they seems to work. People on this forum is usually also good at helping people with problems. The only issue Iím aware of is that some people have had issues with the refresh options (startup+rescan) in TrackStat causing LMS to hang with 100% CPU usage, but I think this was when upgrading to 7.9.3 or 7.9.4 so I donít know if it also might happen when upgrading to 8.0. Itís probably a good idea to disable the refresh options in TrackStat before upgrading to avoid issues with this.

    However, if you donít need the new functionality in 8.0 and really donít want to have to revert back to 7.9.4 if you get issues it might not be worth the risk. Iíd at least make sure to have a full backup of all configuration and database files before upgrading to make it easier to go back if necessary.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets
    Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )

  10. #1840
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Posts
    3,230
    Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    As previously mentioned I havenít used LMS 8.0 myself and I wonít be able to help anyone personally until Iíve managed to get the time and install 8.0 myself. I canít give any indication when this will happen, but itís still on my todo list since Iím interested in the streaming services integration which is new in 8.0.

    From what Iíve heard some people have manually installed at least some of my plugins in 8.0 and said that they seems to work. People on this forum is usually also good at helping people with problems. The only issue Iím aware of is that some people have had issues with the refresh options (startup+rescan) in TrackStat causing LMS to hang with 100% CPU usage, but I think this was when upgrading to 7.9.3 or 7.9.4 so I donít know if it also might happen when upgrading to 8.0. Itís probably a good idea to disable the refresh options in TrackStat before upgrading to avoid issues with this.

    However, if you donít need the new functionality in 8.0 and really donít want to have to revert back to 7.9.4 if you get issues it might not be worth the risk. Iíd at least make sure to have a full backup of all configuration and database files before upgrading to make it easier to go back if necessary.
    Thanks.

    It would be interesting to know from other users whether the plugins work OK or not in LMS 8.0. One of the problems with all such forums is that we all tend to say what doesn't work, and maybe suggest solutions, but don't often mention that things do work even when some doubt has been sown.
    LMS 8.1 on PC, Xubuntu 20.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touches & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 20.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android mobile with Squeeze-Ctrl/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •