Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Best 802.11N Router for Duet

I need to get a new router and would like to pick the 802.11n router that works best with my Duet Controller. I am using a wired connection for the receiver.

What 802.11n router is as reliable as possible with the Controller?

Maybe the Squeezebox people could say what routers they develop with?

Thanks

Define 'best'....
    If you want a router that is reliable with the Controller, then you want a reliable router.

Unless there are any forum members with a collection of routers to do a comparison you're just going to get a list of working routers.
    It would be difficult to say if my router (Netgear) is better than any other as I it's the only one I have

Try trawling the net for comparison sites.
    LMS Version: 7.9
    TranquilPC T2-WHS-A3 - WHS 2011
    2x Touch, 3x SB3

I have already been looking at comparison sites.

Still, a list of working routers would be better than nothing. If I get enough comments then I will see some trends about which ones tend work.

Also, If enough people say which routers do not work then I will get a sense of which ones to avoid. I seem to recall reading that there were problems with Zyxel routers.

Thanks.

The wireless portion of Zyxel and Drayteck routers historically have caused problems, I don't know if this is still the case.

There are a few new routers utilising the 5GHz portion of the 802.11n spec. However this won't benefit G users as it is 2.4GHz only. It's not that they won't work (they still have a2.4GHz radio as well) you just won't get the benefit of those extra dollars you spent.

The D-Link DIR-655 has had good reviews. Mine is fine, with a laptop and SB3 off the wi-fi.

Quote Originally Posted by amcluesent View Post
    The D-Link DIR-655 has had good reviews. Mine is fine, with a laptop and SB3 off the wi-fi.
    I'm running the same one, it works great. A buddy has it as well, works great for him as well.

Are you running the Duet with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Flowerday View Post
    I'm running the same one, it works great. A buddy has it as well, works great for him as well.

the duet and the linksys wrt54gx4 do *not* like each other, the receiver works most of the time, the controller drops out all the time despite all the tricks in the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by jw111 View Post
    Are you running the Duet with it?

Yes, that's why I replied to your thread.

I use the Netgear WNR854T N which replaced a Netgear Rangemax G+ that was about 10 mths old when I replaced it in Feb. I made a huge difference with both my Laptop and my SB3. I don't know how it works with the Duet but I'd highly recommend it for laptops and the SB3. You definitely want to get a matching card for any laptop you use regardless of what brand you buy if you want it to work at the higher speeds. If anyone out there has this model you need to go and update it and your card. I regularly had the router check for updates and ended up missing 2 of them and just happened to check the site 3 days ago. The new firmware has made it really fast with both N and wired. Major update and well worth it, I was really surprised as were my kids.
    If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use is the rule.

HTTP://www.last.fm/user/nonreality