Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Switch off digital audio output

I have searched the forum but have not found a conclusive answer to my problem.

My problem is my amp only has one optical input but i need to connect two optical inputs via an optical splitter. The splitter will only work when only one signal is passed at a time, my Squeezebox 3 does not seem to power down the optical output when not in use i.e. it seems to pass a red light through the cable when in standby and my splitter will not allow the other optical signal to pass to my amp.

I have tried the option to (switch off audio outputs) in squeezecenter settings but no joy.

Does anyone have an answer? or do i need to buy an optical switch?

Thanks

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetgeek View Post
    I have tried the option to (switch off audio outputs) in squeezecenter settings but no joy.

Does anyone have an answer? or do i need to buy an optical switch?
    All the while power is applied to a Squeezbox, the digital outputs are "live" (in the sense that the COAX has some sort of voltage on it, and the optical has the light on).
    Plenty of other people have requested changes to this. See http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1397.
    But I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this to be changed - there are far more pressing issues that need to be dealt with.
    Transporter -> ATC SCM100A

Ok thanks Clive looks like i need to spend some more money then.

Just use the analog output on the squeezebox, or the coax didigal output. The analog output on the squeezebox is likely better than the digital input on many home stereo systems.