Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SqueezeCenter won't populate album art

Hi Folks,

I have seen some people have this issue, and most folks had their issue resolved by doing either a rescan or a full rebuild - I have tried both, multiple times, to no avail.

I *really* don't want to have to go into every single album to have squeezecenter populate the album art.

Any ideas?

Matt

You cover art are named cover/folder/album.jpg?
    Which OS is SC running on? Have you tried Artwork logging in SC?

Yes, in fact - all my music is on my readynas, and when I ran SC on readynas, it picked up all the album art no problem. I just installed SC on Windows XP (for faster response) and it doesn't see the album art! Exact same data store...

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by mathewbeall View Post
    Yes, in fact - all my music is on my readynas, and when I ran SC on readynas, it picked up all the album art no problem. I just installed SC on Windows XP (for faster response) and it doesn't see the album art! Exact same data store...

Matt
    I've seen exactly the same issue, I have my music on a ReadyNAS too. Some art is picked up, some isn't. I switch between the servers and the result is completely different.

Subscribing to thread in case somebody proposes a solution.
    Ben - eco conscious techie and author of Jaffa's Green Blog - http://www.jaffacake.net

bumping this - I guess either a) no one else has this problem or b) there is a fix that I just can't find...

Matt

I upgraded to 7.1, and that didn't do anything. I also turned on artwork logging to "debug" level, and the only time I ever get any hits is when I go down to the album level - before that, I don't get anything in the logs...

??

Matt

More Information.

I have a directory called "Metallica/And Justice for All" with the 9 songs, plus folder.jpg.

On my Squeezebox controller - when I browse by album, it shows no album art.. when I go all the way into actually play the song, it finally displays the art, plus it creates a NEW jpg by the name of "AlbumArt_{0B6BE3A3-9D5D-488B-8802-69C8D696E85F}_Large". But still, even after that, under album view on the controller it doesn't show the artwork.

Should I just open a trouble case with Logitech?

Matt

A ton more info that most people want...

I blew away my entire database, and created a directory with a single Linkin Park album (minutes to midnight) with a single folder.jpg image in the directory.

I then tried viewing from both the web interface and the squeezebox controller a myriad of ways, including rescanning before it FINALLY worked in both the web interface and the controller...

This CAN'T be this hard!!! (attached are all my logs capture).

Matt

Getting Closer!

Directory Scan (3125 of 3125) Complete 00:03:02

Merge Various Artists (69 of 415) Running 00:02:50

SqueezeCenter has finished scanning your music collection.00:05:52

For whatever reason, it appears as if the server is not even doing an artwork scan - and I can't figure out why. If I just have a few directories, it does...

HELP!

Matt

Ok - I figured it out... the scanner is crashing while merging artists - below is a dump of the error.

[08-06-09 22:54:43.3486] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (70) Error: Error executing 'SELECT me.id, me.url, me.content_type, me.title, me.titlesort, me.titlesearch, me.album, me.tracknum, me.timestamp, me.filesize, me.disc, me.remote, me.audio, me.audio_size, me.audio_offset, me.year, me.secs, me.cover, me.vbr_scale, me.bitrate, me.samplerate, me.samplesize, me.channels, me.block_alignment, me.endian, me.bpm, me.tagversion, me.drm, me.musicmagic_mixable, me.musicbrainz_id, me.playcount, me.lastplayed, me.lossless, me.lyrics, me.rating, me.replay_gain, me.replay_peak, contributorTracks.role, contributorTracks.contributor, contributorTracks.track FROM tracks me LEFT JOIN contributor_track contributorTracks ON ( contributorTracks.track = me.id ) WHERE ( ( ( contributorTracks.role = ? ) AND ( me.album = ? ) ) ) ORDER BY contributorTracks.track': DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Can't create/write to file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\#sql_b30_0.MYD' (Errcode: 13) at C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 771.
    [08-06-09 22:54:43.3492] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (70) Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (C:/PROGRA~1/SQUEEZ~1/server/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 70)
    frame 1: Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 773)
    frame 2: DBIx::Class::Storage:BI::_execute (C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 826)
    frame 3: DBIx::Class::Storage:BI::_select (C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI/Cursor.pm line 79)
    frame 4: DBIx::Class::Storage:BI::Cursor::next (C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/ResultSet.pm line 701)
    frame 5: DBIx::Class::ResultSet::next (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\scanner.exe>Slim/Schema.pm line 1261)
    frame 6: Slim::Schema::mergeVariousArtistsAlbums (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\scanner.exe>Slim/Music/Import.pm line 354)
    frame 7: Slim::Music::Import::runScanPostProcessing (scanner.pl line 217)
    frame 8: main::__ANON__ (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\scanner.exe>DBIx/Class/Schema.pm line 584)
    frame 9: (eval) (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\scanner.exe>DBIx/Class/Schema.pm line 572)
    frame 10: DBIx::Class::Schema::txn_do (scanner.pl line 217)
    frame 11: (eval) (scanner.pl line 217)
    frame 12: main::main (scanner.pl line 345)

[08-06-09 22:54:43.3772] Slim::Schema::throw_exception (217) Error: Carp::Clan::__ANON__(): Error executing 'SELECT me.id, me.url, me.content_type, me.title, me.titlesort, me.titlesearch, me.album, me.tracknum, me.timestamp, me.filesize, me.disc, me.remote, me.audio, me.audio_size, me.audio_offset, me.year, me.secs, me.cover, me.vbr_scale, me.bitrate, me.samplerate, me.samplesize, me.channels, me.block_alignment, me.endian, me.bpm, me.tagversion, me.drm, me.musicmagic_mixable, me.musicbrainz_id, me.playcount, me.lastplayed, me.lossless, me.lyrics, me.rating, me.replay_gain, me.replay_peak, contributorTracks.role, contributorTracks.contributor, contributorTracks.track FROM tracks me LEFT JOIN contributor_track contributorTracks ON ( contributorTracks.track = me.id ) WHERE ( ( ( contributorTracks.role = ? ) AND ( me.album = ? ) ) ) ORDER BY contributorTracks.track': DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Can't create/write to file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\#sql_b30_0.MYD' (Errcode: 13) at C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 771.
    [08-06-09 22:54:43.3777] Slim::Schema::throw_exception (217) Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\scanner.exe>Slim/Schema.pm line 217)
    frame 1: Slim::Schema::throw_exception (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\scanner.exe>DBIx/Class/Schema.pm line 606)
    frame 2: DBIx::Class::Schema::txn_do (scanner.pl line 217)
    frame 3: (eval) (scanner.pl line 217)
    frame 4: main::main (scanner.pl line 345)

I can't seem to see how to just turn that off, or to manually kick off the album scan outside of that main scan...

Anyone?

Matt