Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Weird display corruption - anyone sees this?

I've had a weird problem with my Squeezeboxes. I've noticed intermittent display corruption which I at first thought must be a faulty unit until I noticed it on both my SB3's plus similar corruption on my upgraded SB1.

When I first had the problem I was running the unstable release on Ubuntu but I have since migrated back through testing to stable and the problem has reoccurred. Most recently I uninstalled squeezecenter and removed all the directories before uninstalling but this didn't help.

I'm running Ubuntu Hardy Heron Server release
    Linux version 2.6.24-17-server (buildd@palmer) (gcc version 4.2.3 (Ubuntu 4.2.3-2ubuntu7)) #1 SMP Thu May 1 15:05:55 UTC 2008

The SB is still usable when this is occurring but it's very difficult to see what's going on!

Does this occurs too if you connect to Squeezenetwork directly from your Squeezebox? if this doesn't happen when connecting to Squeezenetwork, then we could isolate the problem to the connection with Squeezecenter somehow.
    rip (eac) > convert (flac) > tag (musicbrainz/mp3tag) > normalize (replaygain/foobar2000) > albumart (www/firefox) > transport (winscp) > store (debian) > manage (squeezecenter) > control (ipodtouch/ipeng-app) > play (squeezebox) > preamplify (zpre2) > amplify (zampv3) > listen (axiomm2/sennheiser-hd595) > scrooble (last.fm) > enjoy (me :)

http://www.last.fm/user/pichonCalavera

Hmm, good idea

Once I had connected to SqueezeNetwork the display fixed itself right away.

The weird thing is it stayed ok when I connected back to my squeezecenter afterwards.

Previously the display had stayed corrupt through power cycles and ever forcing a firmware reload.

The good thing is it got fixed . Mysteries of the Squeezebox.
    rip (eac) > convert (flac) > tag (musicbrainz/mp3tag) > normalize (replaygain/foobar2000) > albumart (www/firefox) > transport (winscp) > store (debian) > manage (squeezecenter) > control (ipodtouch/ipeng-app) > play (squeezebox) > preamplify (zpre2) > amplify (zampv3) > listen (axiomm2/sennheiser-hd595) > scrooble (last.fm) > enjoy (me :)

http://www.last.fm/user/pichonCalavera