Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 216 of 216 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216
Results 2,151 to 2,157 of 2157
  1. #2151
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by coyrls View Post
    I've installed the plugin to /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins on a clean VB2.4 install, changed ownership and group to squeezeboxserver. When I restart squeezeboxserver, I get a message on the mediaserver main screen saying SvrPowerControl requires a restart. When I go to Settings -> Plugins I get the prompt to restart the server. When I do the restart, the entire SvrPowerControl directory under /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins has been deleted and there is no listing of SvrPowerControl on the Settings -> Plugins page.

    The version of Media server that I am running is: Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 0.141.20160820git1471509276 @ Sat Aug 20 08:28:28 BST 2016
    OK, I've answered my own question: installing the plugin via the git clone method to /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins will only work if you had previously installed SvrPowerControl, for an install to a clean system on VB2.4 the git clone must be to /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Plugins, all then works.

  2. #2152
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by OleHB View Post
    googlecode is dead. there is no replacement-repository for Server-Power-Control. you have to install it manually. read the last pages
    "read the last pages"??? Not sure what you mean, I'd also like to install this on my Windows machine but I havent been able to find any instructions on how to do that and where I can find the updated plug-in.

  3. #2153
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Posts
    2,701
    Quote Originally Posted by dbinder101 View Post
    "read the last pages"??? Not sure what you mean, I'd also like to install this on my Windows machine but I havent been able to find any instructions on how to do that and where I can find the updated plug-in.
    See #2144 - using git clone, and following posts.
    LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.10, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 17.10 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

  4. #2154

    Windows user confused

    I'm trying to install server power control on a windows 7 machine. I downloaded the zip file from https://github.com/gharris999/SrvrPowerCtrl as instructed in earlier posts from 2017. I unzipped the folder and copied it to C:\Program Files\Squeezebox\server\Plugins\SrvrPowerCtrl. The instructions said I could get SCPowerTool.exe from the same place I got the plugin files, but I can't find it there. A google search led me to a 2010 version at https://code.google.com/archive/p/sr...ctrl/downloads. I put that file in C:\Windows\System32. Then I tried to test the program as suggested in the instructions: in command window with admin rights, I entered

    SCPowerTool.exe --standby --wakeup=-60

    I got a message NSIS error, error launching installer.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  5. #2155
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    South Coast, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    1,184
    Quote Originally Posted by rmariger View Post
    I'm trying to install server power control on a windows 7 machine. I downloaded the zip file from https://github.com/gharris999/SrvrPowerCtrl as instructed in earlier posts from 2017. I unzipped the folder and copied it to C:\Program Files\Squeezebox\server\Plugins\SrvrPowerCtrl. The instructions said I could get SCPowerTool.exe from the same place I got the plugin files, but I can't find it there. A google search led me to a 2010 version at https://code.google.com/archive/p/sr...ctrl/downloads. I put that file in C:\Windows\System32. Then I tried to test the program as suggested in the instructions: in command window with admin rights, I entered

    SCPowerTool.exe --standby --wakeup=-60

    I got a message NSIS error, error launching installer.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I had a dig around in my downloads and found the attached file which may help
    Attached Files Attached Files
    A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.

    Seen sprayed on the outside wall of the local library -
    Three things I hate in life :
    1. Vandalism
    2. Irony
    3. Lists

  6. #2156
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    South Coast, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    1,184
    I had to put scpowertool.exe into C:\Windows to make it work in Win10 .
    A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.

    Seen sprayed on the outside wall of the local library -
    Three things I hate in life :
    1. Vandalism
    2. Irony
    3. Lists

  7. #2157

    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wirrunna View Post
    I had a dig around in my downloads and found the attached file which may help
    Many thanks to Wirrunna. The file you sent worked. And while the test of srvrpowertool.exe worked when the file is in the C:\Windows\System32 folder, the file must be in C:\Windows for it to be available to the plugin on my Windows 7 machine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •