Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Duet fullscreen art?

Hi. Does anyone know if there is a way to make the album art display larger than default on Duet handset while a track is playing, possibly even fullscreen?

Good work Slim people, I'm addicted to my Duet!

The Now Playing screen saver (which kicks in after a little while) shows it pretty big.

You can also click to get to the track settings and there is an item there (called, well, 'Show Artwork') that shows it very slightly larger than the Now Playing screensaver. (A few less pixels for margin, I think, so not a huge difference.)

Quote Originally Posted by snarlydwarf View Post
    You can also click to get to the track settings and there is an item there (called, well, 'Show Artwork') that shows it very slightly larger than the Now Playing screensaver. (A few less pixels for margin, I think, so not a huge difference.)
    As snarlydwarf pointed out, the 'Show Artwork' link is the largest way to view album art on the controller. It's displayed as the width of the controller screen with a couple of pixels of buffer on left and right.

There has also been some discussion internally about adding a "big artwork" screensaver that would provide the largest possible artwork (with nothing else) on the screen. That's probably a month or three away from being added.

cheers,
    #!/ben
    Former Logitech Developer: Squeezeplay/SqueezeOS/SqueezeboxController/SqueezeCenter
    Community Developer: Nokia770Skin (r.i.p.)

http://www.last.fm/user/bklaas/

thanks, that works, and looks goods to me. nice to just see the art with none of the other clutter. it would be awesome to have a 'now playing' screensaver with fullscreen art, maybe even with the option of filling the whole screen - thereby cropping the sides of the art, which is not ideal i know, but would have more impact by using all the pixels. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bklaas View Post
    As snarlydwarf pointed out, the 'Show Artwork' link is the largest way to view album art on the controller. It's displayed as the width of the controller screen with a couple of pixels of buffer on left and right.

There has also been some discussion internally about adding a "big artwork" screensaver that would provide the largest possible artwork (with nothing else) on the screen. That's probably a month or three away from being added.

cheers,
    #!/ben
    From what I've been able to figure out, I believe that the "Show Artwork" link is only available for files that have the artwork embedded in the file rather than stored as a separate file, e.g. "cover.jpg" within the folder. If this the case than some kind "show big artwork" feature would be most welcome.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken.
    Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. & sub
    Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
    Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Energy sub
    Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
    Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
    Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
    Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
    Server: LMS 7.9 on dedicated windows 10 computer w/2 Drobos
    Last.fm

That would be very cool. I know you guys probably have bigger priorities, but I'd love to see this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by bklaas View Post

The "show artwork" feature is good in that it makes use of the width of the screen while maintaining the aspect ratio. It would be great if it just automatically displayed in a screensaver, although I would prefer that the empty space above and below be used to show track info, etc instead of just having the art only.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphpnj View Post
    From what I've been able to figure out, I believe that the "Show Artwork" link is only available for files that have the artwork embedded in the file rather than stored as a separate file, e.g. "cover.jpg" within the folder.
    There has always been a show art link for tracks without embedded art afaik, and I'm sure it's working with 7.01/r2448. Are you looking in track details?
    'The Buddha resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a computer as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower'.
    -Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
    There has always been a show art link for tracks without embedded art afaik, and I'm sure it's working with 7.01/r2448. Are you looking in track details?
    Yes, if by "track details" you mean the screen which shows:

Play this song
    Add this song
    Title:
    Artist:
    Album:
    Genre:
    Year:
    Track:
    File Format:
    Duration:
    File Length:
    Bitrate:
    Sample Rate:
    Add to Favorites:

I repeat, "Show Artwork" only seems to appear for songs in which the artwork is embedded into the file.

And I'm running SqueezeCenter version 7.0 - 17793 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252

So does this mean that I need to update to version 7.0.1 in order to see "Show Artwork" for all the albums with non-embedded artwork?
    Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. & sub
    Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
    Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Energy sub
    Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
    Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
    Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
    Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
    Server: LMS 7.9 on dedicated windows 10 computer w/2 Drobos
    Last.fm