Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Comcast.

Yes, I am on Comcast. in Seattle, WA.. You think a device that cost 400 bucks would have weekend phone support..
    Anyone know if they are open this Monday?
    This is the 2nd time in 60 days that Squeezenetwork has not been available.. Bummer...
    Last edited by kingblind; 2008-05-24 at 18:15.

Sbc Dsl

I'm also having connection problems. I'm in Menlo Park on SBC DSL.

Having same connection issue; and using cox

Comcast User with Problems also...

Just got the Duet about a week ago. Been working good until today, day before holiday. Just spent $500 bucks on new media center and ran cable outside to the deck and installed new speakers where I will have 25 guests tomorrow for a party. Duet sounded great on the deck for 3 hours, now nothing. I hope its only is a DNS issue. I connect from controller to receiver with no problem but when attempting to reach Squeeze network, no dice. Odd this is that I am attempting to connect in Bridged-Mode as the wireless is poor in the section of the house. But when the connection to the squeeze network fails the message on the controller states, "Could not connect your squeeze box to your wireless network, make sure your in range of your wireless network" Does this mean that the controller cannot connect wirelessly to the receiver or does it mean that the receiver is attempting to connect to my wireless signal that is on the other side of the house and weak?

Anyway, no music come party time. What ever...

Angry

I'm experiencing the same problems accessing SN from Switzerland.

SN has been slow and unpredictable in recent weeks. I end up running a local SqueezeCenter to get proper access to music services.

Unhappy Still not working - in Denmark

Hi

Just tried again this morning at 7 and 11 o'clock.
    (That being AM and CET for all you AM/PM users ;-)

I can connect to SN via the webbrowser without problems.

Both my SBR and SB3, which used to work and that I deleted from SN, simply freezes/hangs when trying to connect to SN.

So this far, no luck here in DK...

Regards
    Last edited by krimmo; 2008-05-25 at 02:10.

SqueezeNetwork from Squeezebox doesn't work in Switzerland either

Thanks to you all for raising this problem...at least now I know that I am not alone & don't have to spend hours trying to configure DNS settings on the DSL router etc to persuade my newly purchased Duet to connect to the SqueezeNetwork.
    I guess I'll just sit it out & wait for the problem to be resolved by SlimDevices/Logitech. I can at least use the Squeezebox via Squeezecenter so all is not lost....and its cool !
    The mystery is how do you find out what this magic PIN is...I can connect to SqueezeNetwork & see my controller registered - but I've never seen the PIN (is it the same as the IP ??)
    Looking forward to playing with SqueezeNetwork !

Quote Originally Posted by martinru View Post
    Thanks to you all for raising this problem...at least now I know that I am not alone & don't have to spend hours trying to configure DNS settings on the DSL router etc to persuade my newly purchased Duet to connect to the SqueezeNetwork.
    I guess I'll just sit it out & wait for the problem to be resolved by SlimDevices/Logitech. I can at least use the Squeezebox via Squeezecenter so all is not lost....and its cool !
    The mystery is how do you find out what this magic PIN is...I can connect to SqueezeNetwork & see my controller registered - but I've never seen the PIN (is it the same as the IP ??)
    Squeezenetwork has had a problem since Saturday. Normally I would expect Logitech/Slimdevices to have addressed this by now - but it is the week-end.

Just to reassure you, the PIN will show up on your SBC when you first try to connect (to a working SN). You will then need to connect to SN via the webpage and register your player using the PIN displayed. Should be straightforward, and I did this OK on Friday last, when I registered a new Duet.

However, like you I could not make it work from Saturday, in my case, the player connects but there is no main SN menu so nothing can be played, except when commanded from the SN webpage.

BTW Classic SB3 works OK on SN
    P2 266MHz, ubuntu server 10.04 SBS 7.6.0 - r31284
    AMD64x2 ubuntu 10.04, SBS 7.5.2 - r30889
    Dell 10v WinXP SBS 7.5.2 - r31264
    Dell 10v ubuntu netbook remix 10.04, SBS 7.6.0 - r30830
    Players: Classic, Duet, Boom

Quote Originally Posted by martinru View Post
    PIN is not the same as the IP. On a SB3 it's viewable on the SB3's Settings menu, dunno about Duets. I think they should add PIN info to the Status portion of SC7 when your device(s) first connect to SC7 as the PIN question seems to come up a lot. Status is filled with all kinds of info (much of it useless to the average user) but lacks a useful bit of info like PIN.