Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

New Firmware Old Slimserver?

After months of angst and unhappiness with SC 7, 7.01 and various betas, I've rediscovered bliss with SlimServer 6.5.4. SC was way too slow and glithchy in every way imaginable. My question is can I update firmware 31 to something higher to play Reference Recordings and Music Giants hi res downloads in their native formats without "software decimation" (Sean's description)? Are firmware downloads available separately or only bundled with SlimServer or SC?
    Thanks for any responses

IIRC, you can d/l the archive of the nightly SqueezeCentre to get firmware 42, extract the firmware .bin file and drop that into the ..\firmware directory for the slimsever. Then edit the transporter.version file to refer to the binary you want to load, press and hold brightness on remote to force the firmware to reload.
    Last edited by amcluesent; 2008-05-24 at 11:41.

Thanks for the reply, but I don't know how to extract the .bin file from the SC7 .exe file.

Get the .ZIP file from the 7.1 nightly http://www.slimdevices.com/downloads...ly/latest/7.1/

Extracting the .bin is a lot easier from the .zip than from the .exe. Your suggestion worked. Thanks a lot.