Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Can I Wake-up my PC thru Duet controller??

Dear friends,

One of the most useful features I have in Squeezebox classic, is the hability to wake up my PC thru the IR remote....very useful for waking up in the morning and not having to go downstairs and turn on my PC and get back to bed!

I believe many people uses to save energy turning off the PC when goes to sleep, instead of keeping it up all the time.

So, my question is: is this nice feature still available in Duet??

Thanks!

Vitor

At present the Controllers WoL capability is limited. It's hopefully being fixed (Bug 5378) for SG 7.1 release.

MS

I upgraded to 7.0.1 as I wanted to do the same thing and WOL now works for me.

Ross

Quote Originally Posted by rossm View Post
    I upgraded to 7.0.1 as I wanted to do the same thing and WOL now works for me.

Ross
    Does not work for me yet. Really irritating because i have 2 duet and 2 SB3. Unfortunately the duet is in my bedroom and i cant wake up the server in the morning without going to a different room and i dont want to put an SB3 in there.

How are you getting it to wake up from the controller right now?

Mine just says connecting to server then "there is a problem..."

It was working was the nightly builds of 7.0.1 but I have upgraded to the official release and it's stopped working. I can only assume that they pulled it from the release. I will probably try going to the latest build of 7.1

I would be up for upgrading to 7.1 if it fixed this issue but i am worried about stability. As with most of us i expect, it is not just me in the house and my other half is already looking sceptical about the controllers.

Infact she still uses the SB3 remotes if she can in a room and i dont want to make it even harder for her to use on a daily basis.

Can anyone give a hint as to a "7.0.5" release (where we get some more bug fixes) might come a long as, from what i can see, 7.1 has a lot of new development in and that makes me think it will be a while before we see it officially released.

WoL wasn't fixed in a 7.1 and Jive build I downloaded 3 nights ago.

MS