Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1050585960
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhenk View Post
    Don't know if that was known behavior but if not does that help pinpoint where I might look?
    This is part of the issue. Current LMS implementation works perfectly for WebUI and older SB player but for not Jive showing there is something "odd" in the Jive part.

While the other thread has solutions but the solutions aren't directly applicable to CDplayer without re-writing part of the pligin. So I'll have to spend time to understand what is "wrong" in LMS (or what LMS considers "not right" in CDplayer) to see if I fix CDplayer without having to do a rewrite. I 've spent some time on it but it is hard to get the time and it is a long time since I wrote the plugin.

Don't know if that was known behavior but if not does that help pinpoint where I might look?
    Forgot to say: that was using iPeng.
    Last edited by sbhenk; 2020-07-30 at 10:04.

Forgot to say: that was using iPeng.
    iPeng uses same API (Comet) as Jive so probably same problem as the issue is in LMS as plugin tells Jive client (Touch or iPeng or ...) what to send to LMS.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    iPeng uses same API (Comet) as Jive so probably same problem as the issue is in LMS as plugin tells Jive client (Touch or iPeng or ...) what to send to LMS.
    I figured out where the problem is (and a fix for my use case: iPeng and material). I set up a Favorite to point to a playlist copied from the CDplayerCDTOC.opml generated by CDplayer to see what various changes would do. First conclusion: replacing the cdplay:// URIs with files or other URLs didn't change the loading behaviour so looks like it's how the OPML is parsed by clients and not an issue with CDplayer. Nothing I tried worked so finally I replaced all the top-level "playlist" types with "audio" and bingo, the whole CD loads into the playlist. I see several issues with this:

- this doesn't seem to conform to the SB wiki OPML spec
    - the whole CD loads into the playlist so it's not possible to add specific tracks
    - it may break older clients

So for Comet clients the fix is to replace all 5 instances of "type=playlist" with "type=audio" in CDhandler.pm.

I figured out where the problem is (and a fix for my use case: iPeng and material). I set up a Favorite to point to a playlist copied from the CDplayerCDTOC.opml generated by CDplayer to see what various changes would do. First conclusion: replacing the cdplay:// URIs with files or other URLs didn't change the loading behaviour so looks like it's how the OPML is parsed by clients and not an issue with CDplayer. Nothing I tried worked so finally I replaced all the top-level "playlist" types with "audio" and bingo, the whole CD loads into the playlist. I see several issues with this:

- this doesn't seem to conform to the SB wiki OPML spec
    - the whole CD loads into the playlist so it's not possible to add specific tracks
    - it may break older clients

So for Comet clients the fix is to replace all 5 instances of "type=playlist" with "type=audio" in CDhandler.pm.
    The wiki is v. old and I think was written mainly as a spec based on other OPML implementations. LMS implementation has evolved since then I think with some undocumented "types".

This tallies with Michael's comments in the Spotify thread I referenced. The "playlist" was initially changed to "audio" and commented that it wasn;t clear why thisworks. However, subsequently another solution was used, perhaps as you suggest because the "audio" change breaks something else.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    The wiki is v. old and I think was written mainly as a spec based on other OPML implementations. LMS implementation has evolved since then I think with some undocumented "types".

This tallies with Michael's comments in the Spotify thread I referenced. The "playlist" was initially changed to "audio" and commented that it wasn;t clear why thisworks. However, subsequently another solution was used, perhaps as you suggest because the "audio" change breaks something else.
    Yes, the wiki entry hasn't been updated in 10 years.

Michael's change was something else: he changed "playlist" to "outline". I tried a number of OPML structures with different variants of "outline" but none of them worked with the Comet clients. It was changing the type to "audio" that fixed it and afaik that's not been discussed before.

Hello bpa,

I have raspbian buster OS on raspberry pi, your plugin is set on my server.
    But impossible to play cd with him.

My first error was "Error loading CD index - (-1) No CD in drive"

after having followed device on this topic, section 'how to configure a cd player),

I hear my cd turn into player but nothing, and this new message on plugin :

Error loading CD index - (-2) Error - failed to get response from either CDDB or MusicBrainz'

Could you help me ?

It's the last step for finished my multiroom !

Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by P1GOU1 View Post
    Hello bpa,

I have raspbian buster OS on raspberry pi, your plugin is set on my server.
    But impossible to play cd with him.

My first error was "Error loading CD index - (-1) No CD in drive"

after having followed device on this topic, section 'how to configure a cd player),

I hear my cd turn into player but nothing, and this new message on plugin :

Error loading CD index - (-2) Error - failed to get response from either CDDB or MusicBrainz'

Could you help me ?

It's the last step for finished my multiroom !

Jeremy
    It's not a plugin I use much now so I have to get things set up. Be warned a lot has changed in systems and internet service since plugin was written 12 years ago and it relies on cdda2wav (aka icedax) which was written in 1990s.

One of the changes is that the Freedb CDDB service is now gone and only MusicBrainz is available and so CDplayer settings "Select the database used to lookup CD title & track info" should be set to the "Lookup CDs on MusicBrainz" option as the CDDB will not work.

The plugin cannot tell whether you have a slot drive or a drive with a door & tray so some error about CD not being loaded may not be accurate as it assumes a drive with a door & tray.

What version of LMS ?
    What model of Pi
    What UI & player ? (there is a quirk in Squeezeplay & Touch)

In order to check that problem is plugin related or not
    - From a shell prompt can cdda2wav produce track table
    Code:
    cdda2wav device=/dev/cdrom -verbose-level=toc -N -g -J
    - Can you rip a track - the following will rip track #2 into a file called track2.wav in WAV format. After ripping check it plays.
    Code:
    cdda2wav device=/dev/cdrom -verbose-level=all -t 2 track2.wav
    If the above two step cannot be done then need to check whether CD drive is working properly over USB.

USB powered external CD drive can erratically fail due to lack of power.
    * Is the CD player USB powered (single or double headed USB cable) or a separate PSU ?
    * What is model of Pi ?
    * what is the model of External CD drive ?
    * Is there anything else (e.g. a HDD) attached to Pi's USB ?
    * Version of LMS

if cdda2wav commands worked OK & tracks rips OK - then issues is probably with plugin.

Ok BPA thank you for answer,

in fact, as say the error message and you, only MusicBrainz work, and now i can listen my cd player !

What main the message error "There is a data CD type 1 in the drive.(101)" ?

Thanks a lot, and maybe do you have a tips for increase speed to play's cd ?
    Last edited by P1GOU1; 2020-09-04 at 12:13.

Quote Originally Posted by P1GOU1 View Post
    What main the message error "There is a data CD type 1 in the drive.(101)" ?
    It's been a long time. The message will havecome from cdda2wav.

IIRC a CD can be either audio CD or a data CD. The message is indicating a data CD was put into drive and not an audio CD.
    Search will provide many articles on technical details such as https://www.soundonsound.com/sound-a...and-data-cd-rs

do you have a tips for increase speed to play's cd ?
    No - audio CDs play in realtime. It is a function of the drive reading audio-CDs. The plugin is not a ripper.