Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748
    to install CDDa2wav for PCP on RPI - this has been detailed in the PCP thread.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post867912

Is LMS running on RPI3 ?
    YES IN RPI3

Is CD player plugged into Rpi
    YES IN RPI3
    BUT STILL CANNOT PLAY CD
    WHERE I CAN FIND THE putty session IN PCP
    TO INPUT THE COMMAND LINE, I NEED TO USE SOME SOFTWARE
    HOW TO SETUP STEP BY STEP THANKS
    Last edited by htctyo; 2017-04-15 at 07:28.

Quote Originally Posted by htctyo View Post
    Is LMS running on RPI3 ?
    YES IN RPI3

Is CD player plugged into Rpi
    YES IN RPI3
    BUT STILL CANNOT PLAY CD
    WHERE I CAN FIND THE putty session IN PCP
    TO INPUT THE COMMAND LINE, I NEED TO USE SOME SOFTWARE
    HOW TO SETUP STEP BY STEP THANKS
    OK - so Windows is irrelevant.

It looks like the CDplayer plugin part of the process is complete but you need help with installing cdda2wav on PCP which I can't help. Have you read the PCP documentation ? The PCP guys on the PCP thread will give the details. One of the guys from PCP has replied to your original post.

Cdplayer plugin in LMS picoreplayer player for RPi3

now I understand how to use putty but it show

tc@piCorePlayer1:~$ pcp-load -r https://sourceforge.net/projects/pic...yer/files/repo -w -i pcp-cdda2wav.tcz
    [ INFO ] pcp-cdda2wav.tcz.dep Downloaded.....
    pcp-cdda2wav.tcz Dependancy Tested Ok
    [ ERROR ] cdrom-4.4.39-pcpAudioCore_v7+.tcz Missing PCP DEP file
    [ ERROR] There was a error downloading pcp-cdda2wav.tcz
    [ INFO ] Retrying extension pcp-cdda2wav.tcz........in 5 seconds.

some error for download cause by missing link can anyone can update the link for me
    many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by htctyo View Post
    now I understand how to use putty but it show

tc@piCorePlayer1:~$ pcp-load -r https://sourceforge.net/projects/pic...yer/files/repo -w -i pcp-cdda2wav.tcz
    [ INFO ] Retrying extension pcp-cdda2wav.tcz........in 5 seconds.

some error for download cause by missing link can anyone can update the link for me
    many thanks
    At a guess you are missing a kernel specific module. Perhaps you are running the wrong version of pcp for this module - aren't there two versions of pcp: "standard" and "audio" and perhaps the cdrom kernel is only available for standard. You may need to ask on pcp thread.

CD Player - no CD in drive

Hi,
    I just installed the plug-in but via settings but cannot find the optical drive (USB DVD/CD player).

My LMS is the version 7.9.1 running on W10 Pro in italian (no virtual server). I installed the pluging via LMS settings and I can see it has been successfully installed, but in the settings page in the CD-ROM Device description on Windows dropdownlist there's only the option Unassigned.

When the servers starts I can see the following errors but I don't know if they are related to the issue:

Code:
    [18-04-17 23:33:53.5787] Slim::Control::Request::renderAsArray (2233) Error: request should set useIxHashes in Slim::Control::Request->new()
    [18-04-17 23:33:53.5795] Slim::Control::Request::renderAsArray (2233) Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (/<C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>Slim/Control/Request.pm line 2233)
       frame 1: Slim::Control::Request::renderAsArray (C:/PROGRA~2/SQUEEZ~1/server/Slim/Plugin/CLI/Plugin.pm line 697)
       frame 2: Slim::Plugin::CLI::Plugin::cli_request_write (C:/PROGRA~2/SQUEEZ~1/server/Slim/Plugin/CLI/Plugin.pm line 1010)
       frame 3: Slim::Plugin::CLI::Plugin::cli_subscribe_notification (/<C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>Slim/Control/Request.pm line 2058)
       frame 4: (eval) (/<C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>Slim/Control/Request.pm line 2058)
       frame 5: Slim::Control::Request::notify (/<C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>Slim/Control/Request.pm line 859)
       frame 6: Slim::Control::Request::checkNotifications (slimserver.pl line 708)
       frame 7: main::idle (slimserver.pl line 677)
       frame 8: main::main (slimserver.pl line 131)
       frame 9: PerlSvc::Interactive (/<C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>PerlSvc.pm line 99)
       frame 10: PerlSvc::_interactive (slimserver.pl line 0)
       frame 11: (eval) (slimserver.pl line 0)
    From the other posts I tried to run the program cdda2wav.exe and I noticed that my optical drive is not listed:

Code:
    C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins\Plugins\CDplayer\Bin>cdda2wav.exe -scanbus
    scsibus0:
            0,0,0     0) 'WDC     ' 'WD10JPVX-22JC3T0' '01.0' Disk
            0,1,0     1) *
            0,2,0     2) *
            0,3,0     3) *
            0,4,0     4) *
            0,5,0     5) *
            0,6,0     6) *
            0,7,0     7) HOST ADAPTOR
    From this list I can see only one of my HDD is missed the other one HDD configured in Storage Spaces together with a USB HDD.

if usefull the command chcp get the code 850

Thank you for the support.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by mortommy View Post
    From this list I can see only one of my HDD is missed the other one HDD configured in Storage Spaces together with a USB HDD
    Info please - as I said before give all details.
    What player are you using ?
    What interface are you using to start CDplayer.

Why ? because if no real player running then CDplayer will not work also some user interface (IIRC such as iPeng) do not have all functions.

There is no point trying to do anything with the plugin until you are sure cdda2wav works with your CDROM drive.

When scanbus shows the CD rom device, test full access by using the command to show tracks on CD where XXXX is your device (e.g. 0,1,0 or 1,2,3 - the device tuple for CD line in scanbus output) .
    Code:
    cdda2wav device=XXXXX -verbose-level=toc -N -g -J 2
    I don't have Window 10 so I can't test. What version of cdda2wav have you installed ? I don't know where you can get a recent build for WInodws 10 but I think it is bundled with cdrtfe (https://cdrtfe.sourceforge.io/cdrtfe/download_en.html ). A lot of things have changed in Win 8/WIn 10 and perhaps h/w support is broken.

If you can get cdrtfe working - then it should be easy to setup cdda2wav for CDplayer.

On Windows there used to be problem with access to CDROM if you for example you already have Windows Media running then it would not let cdda2wav access to the drive. Also does Win 10 have permission to allow/prevent access to CD hardware.,

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Info please - as I said before give all details.
    What player are you using ?
    What interface are you using to start CDplayer.

Why ? because if no real player running then CDplayer will not work also some user interface (IIRC such as iPeng) do not have all functions.

There is no point trying to do anything with the plugin until you are sure cdda2wav works with your CDROM drive.

When scanbus shows the CD rom device, test full access by using the command to show tracks on CD where XXXX is your device (e.g. 0,1,0 or 1,2,3 - the device tuple for CD line in scanbus output) .
    Code:
    cdda2wav device=XXXXX -verbose-level=toc -N -g -J 2
    I don't have Window 10 so I can't test. What version of cdda2wav have you installed ? I don't know where you can get a recent build for WInodws 10 but I think it is bundled with cdrtfe (https://cdrtfe.sourceforge.io/cdrtfe/download_en.html ). A lot of things have changed in Win 8/WIn 10 and perhaps h/w support is broken.

If you can get cdrtfe working - then it should be easy to setup cdda2wav for CDplayer.

On Windows there used to be problem with access to CDROM if you for example you already have Windows Media running then it would not let cdda2wav access to the drive. Also does Win 10 have permission to allow/prevent access to CD hardware.,
    Hi bpa,
    Bingo!
    The problem was the cdda2wav version. From cdrtfe I got the new version and copied it in the plugin bin folder and now it finds the optical drive.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Hi bpa,
    Bingo!
    The issue was related to the cdda2wav version. The version from cdrtfe could find the optical drive so I copied it in the plugin bin folder and now I can select the optical drive from the dropdownlist.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by mortommy View Post
    Hi bpa,
    Bingo!
    The issue was related to the cdda2wav version. The version from cdrtfe could find the optical drive so I copied it in the plugin bin folder and now I can select the optical drive from the dropdownlist.

Thank you!
    Great. Good of you to persist and prove that plugin will work with Win10.

Since cdda2wav was initially written there have been many h/w bus changes that could affect it (e.g. USB3, PCie) - cdda2wav "sees" devices on a SCSI/IDE type bus physically no longer on PC, I think Win8/10 have a lot of changes underneath and so a new 64bit build was necessary.