Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

how to sort playlists with leading punctuation?

In iTunes (Mac) my playlists are named according to the style of music. Classical playlists are preceded by a period (.), jazz playlists are preceded by a tilda (~), and rock and pop by nothing. iTunes sorts them separately so I can separately browse through my music by style.

But when I view my playlists in SqueezeCenter of the Duet controller, the leading periods are ignored and playlists are sorted by the first alphabetic character so all the styles are lumped together.

Is there a setting to make SB sort this correctly, not ignore leading non-alphabetic characters? Or is there another solution short of renaming my playlists with leading alphabetic codes which I don't find as appealing?

Thanks

Bump

I have the same issue, why are leading non-alpha characters ignored when sorting playlists?

Also, in iTunes I use Playlist Folders to group playlists, is there any way to do this in LMS?

Thanks

If you you made your playlists into "favourites", you can create folders and drag/drop your favourites into folders and drag /drop them into the order you wish to see them within a folder.

Then you could simply browse favourites instead of playlists.

Just a thought.

Name:  playlists01.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  26.8 KB

Name:  playlists02.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  14.2 KB
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier R980T

Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    If you you made your playlists into "favourites", you can create folders and drag/drop your favourites into folders and drag /drop them into the order you wish to see them within a folder.

Then you could simply browse favourites instead of playlists.

Just a thought.
    Thanks, this works and in Material favourites can be sorted correctly